Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds are getting javi gracia in? sure why not. Definitely a guy who was near the top of the list and not the first guy to pick up the phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Mickolution posted:

I didn't see the post match, but they mentioned on Football Weekly that Howe said he thought the sending off was harsh. Jamie Redknapp said something similar in the studio at half time.

Howe also claimed that it just “hit his hand”, which it did, because he grabbed and smothered it like he was still in the box, which he wasn’t

lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Nick Pope is innocent

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

The last 'Innocent' Pope died almost 300 years ago

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

pseudodragon posted:

It's also the easiest thing in the world to game accumulation suspensions. A card away from a suspension and you've got a L1 team in the Carabao on Wednesday and City on Saturday? Guess who's getting a card today.

I'm remembering Iker Casillas deliberately getting a yellow to take a suspension on a dead rubber CL game by just running up to a goal kick and then stopping until he got carded

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I'm remembering Iker Casillas deliberately getting a yellow to take a suspension on a dead rubber CL game by just running up to a goal kick and then stopping until he got carded

reminds me of

https://twitter.com/FootyHumour/status/1283031142690676738

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Jose posted:

lol at this

*mark corrigan voice*

Stunning scores not seen in previous years like 0-1 and 0-2

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

big rip to a real one

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:smith:

john motson is The Football Commentator to me. like if you asked me to imagine some football commentary it would be his voice 100%. big RIP.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

gently caress man, what a legend. Feel like this deserves its own thread

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/FootballCliches/status/905336121084829696

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Mad that he was 'only' 77, in my head he was at least 90+ and commentated on the battle of hastings

RIP

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

the sex ghost posted:

Mad that he was 'only' 77, in my head he was at least 90+ and commentated on the battle of hastings

RIP

Yeah, he already seemed old to me as a kid in the 90s. This sucks, RIP Motty.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
RIP to a legend

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

jesus WEP posted:

:smith:

john motson is The Football Commentator to me. like if you asked me to imagine some football commentary it would be his voice 100%. big RIP.

For me it's Martin Tyler, who is also 77 :ohdear:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

RIP legend. Still remember the first football video game I purchased - with him doing the commentary. I hear certain names in his voice still.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

For me it's Martin Tyler, who is also 77 :ohdear:
if you asked me to imagine some commentary of a champions league game specifically, it would be martin tyler

e: confused tyler with brian moore because I’m an idiot

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/Iandennisbbc/status/1628721344799035393

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

commentators thread would be good but probably run out of steam after we all agree than ally mccoist is the best co-commentator in the biz, and that alan green has always been a shocking oval office

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Robbie Savage is poo poo as well

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

E: definitely not the EL thread

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal have a verbal agreement to extend Saka’s contract to 2028 :pray:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That's a lot of verbs.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Hopefully his form doesn't dip like it has with the last few big contracts for Arsenal players.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Leeds are getting javi gracia in? sure why not. Definitely a guy who was near the top of the list and not the first guy to pick up the phone

Orta is 1 for 4 on good managers, and his last first choice appointment that said yes was Marsch. So maybe everyone he wanted telling him to gently caress off and then having to settle on Gracia could be a blessing in disguise?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Ah, the kiss of death

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Hell yeah

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

pseudodragon posted:

It's also the easiest thing in the world to game accumulation suspensions. A card away from a suspension and you've got a L1 team in the Carabao on Wednesday and City on Saturday? Guess who's getting a card today.

was it the mourinho madrid team that got some really absurdly blatant purposeful accumulation yellows in the CL like 9 years ago

i seem to remember xabi alonso taking like 4 minutes to take a free kick lol

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

tbp posted:

was it the mourinho madrid team that got some really absurdly blatant purposeful accumulation yellows in the CL like 9 years ago

i seem to remember xabi alonso taking like 4 minutes to take a free kick lol

Xabi and Sergio Ramos both purposefully took 2nd yellows in the same game lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

yeah, it's this one

in my head it was casillas but they let ramos take the goal kick purely to shithouse

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i remember madrid winning away at Ajax, so Ramos took a yellow so his suspension would be for the home leg.

madrid then got smashed at home and Ramos had a cry in the stands

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it would be good if West Ham played like they want to score lots of goals in every match, imo

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

it would be good if West Ham played like they want to score lots of goals in every match, imo

Helps that Forest were absolutely awful and even worse when they took Shelvy off. But hopefully, winning a game 4-0 gives a confidence boost. A fully fit Ings will always get goals and the teams around us don't have much in the way of firepower.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Maybe they're hoping this brings a trophy to the stadium?

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1630508766390099975

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
:discourse:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
This season loving owns

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1630858497729363969?s=20

It is so dumb that the 3pm rule remains when the match is rescheduled

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's dumb that the rule still even exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

the 3pm rule remains when the match is rescheduled