Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Please refer to my earlier discussion of how the universe is made out of words and you can just write 'OLE WON THE LEAGUE' on the internet and on the side of your stepdad Kevin's car

https://twitter.com/matrixreloaded_/status/1300456741491167232?s=20&t=GxZXdAoCsV8Mg301bJJqgg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

No but seriously is Armas the interim

How does he fail upwards constantly

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1622575693056835586

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1622671472539111424?t=xzvmpt3mP0ZW8IdWpguK0Q&s=19

Hahha ha somehow this is worse and funnier

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

New manager(s) bounce let's go!

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Paco Gallardo is a champ man regen

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Management by freebird rules, I like it

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Man City did nothing wrong

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Let’s see some wild formation, W-M please and no this doesn’t mean Weston McKennie!!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Marsch sucked but so did Bielsa at the end, we still have lovely championship players like Ayling, Bamford (utterly done as a player) Cooper, and Jack Harrison (should have sold him to Leicester)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Harrison and Struijk are two of the consistently worst players I've seen get games in the Premier League.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Shrapnig posted:

Harrison and Struijk are two of the consistently worst players I've seen get games in the Premier League.

Struijk is a decent CB but an awful LB

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

It was clear after the initial good start to the season (beating Wolves, obliterating Chelsea, a couple of draws in there) that his tactics were just not gonna work for the players he had. Marsch either refused to, or was incapable of making adjustments to better suit the squad and it did him in eventually. That 2nd half against Forest was the most pathetic the team looked all season, even worse than getting clowned 5-2 at Brentford. I'm thinking the players finally completely lost faith in the tactics during that Forest game and it showed.

Really he should have gone after that away loss at Villa. It was always crazy how unless the other team made a giant mistake Leeds had to move heaven and earth to score, whereas other teams easily scored off one of our numerous gigantic defensive mistakes every single week.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 6, 2023

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Has anyone said Mancheater City yet?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Sucks that middle school PE teacher Jesse "Jesse" March got fired

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Brad Bobley

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Apparently been found alive in the rubble

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Apparently been found alive in the rubble

Glad to hear Klopp's OK

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
show me 1000 crimes against football and ill show you 1001 bungs

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Eau de MacGowan posted:

show me 1000 crimes against football and ill show you 1001 bungs

someone print off ten copies of the city charges

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Every club is doing this poo poo, city will get a slap on the wrist that’s strong enough to remind everyone to be smart about it when they do it, but that’s it. Reminder that the prem just voted to let the Saudis in at Newcastle lol

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Every club is doing this poo poo, city will get a slap on the wrist that’s strong enough to remind everyone to be smart about it when they do it, but that’s it. Reminder that the prem just voted to let the Saudis in at Newcastle lol

No they aren't. Half of cities sponsors are shell companies for the owners and how many teams have secret under the table payments for managers to keep the full wage off the books?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Look, “fit and proper” is a nebulous and undefinable concept that cannot nor should not be carefully considered when we’re talking about billions of pounds and sovereign nations and/or bad actors owning football clubs for sportwashing purposes ok?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

No they aren't. Half of cities sponsors are shell companies for the owners and how many teams have secret under the table payments for managers to keep the full wage off the books?

Hey! Does Rwanda actually exist!??!

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Bea Nanner posted:

here is my halfassed attempt at compiling the charges. (couldnt find all of them, so not comprehensive)

list of charges from here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-city-ffp-premier-league-29144551
rules from here: https://resources.premierleague.com...GITAL_18.07.pdf

i assume rules from previous seasons are still charged with the current handbook, but idk how any of this poo poo works.

I tried to do the same when I first read the news about it, but I don't think it's accurate without referencing older Premier League Handbooks. For example, they're charged with breaking rule C.71 or whatever but the newest Handbook doesn't have anything above like C.50. It also makes sense that you can't retroactively charge clubs with rules that were just agreed upon this season, so they must be referencing Handbooks season by season.

It would help if the Premier League actually stated in detail what City did wrong rather than just referencing a bunch of rules in their statement.

I watched a video that said this was essentially the Premier League trying to prove to the British government that they can self-regulate without government oversight and I lol'd on many levels

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alisher_Usmanov

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Note that the post is a trap for you to instead point out American Billionaire Stan Kroenke owns and controls things

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Vinestalk posted:

For example, they're charged with breaking rule C.71 or whatever but the newest Handbook doesn't have anything above like C.50.

So corrupt they’ve single-handedly created almost two dozen new crimes.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Note that the post is a trap for you to instead point out American Billionaire Stan Kroenke owns and controls things

American Billionaire Stan Kroenke came about his money the honest, hardworking way; by marrying into the Walmart family and buying the land sitting under Walmart stores, guaranteeing rising property values and consistent above-market rent payments in transactions that definitely aren’t interested in any way.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Well it's one thing to do some under the table shady poo poo, but it's quite another one to do enough to be charged with no less than 101 breaches of league rules & regulations at the same time.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Crazy Ted posted:

Well it's one thing to do some under the table shady poo poo, but it's quite another one to do enough to be charged with no less than 101 breaches of league rules & regulations at the same time.

Man City. A story of 101 damnations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

blue footed boobie posted:

American Billionaire Stan Kroenke came about his money the honest, hardworking way; by marrying into the Walmart family and buying the land sitting under Walmart stores, guaranteeing rising property values and consistent above-market rent payments in transactions that definitely aren’t interested in any way.

Hey now. I’m sure he runs Arsenal very differently than his businesses and his other sports teams.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
City execs testifying to a bunch of UK finance guys and American billionaires: https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/cf5b139b-dcdf-4c64-8dc6-f9c954af17fc

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Immoral owners isn't what city have been charged with.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hey now. I’m sure he runs Arsenal very differently than his businesses and his other sports teams.

He does, Arsenal are winning

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Sounds to me like the only responsible course of action is to liquidate City, convert the Etihad into community parkland, send all the players packing to the Mongolian third division, and fire both of their fans into the sun

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Man city administration auction to include stadium fixtures, players and staff. I will pay £100 for bernardo silva to regrout my bathroom and upwards of £50 to put the players tunnel in my garden

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

He does, Arsenal are winning

Were

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Hope Haaland is set free to do what he was really born to do - working at CEX the massive goth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

8 points ahead of United in 2nd with a game in hand atm