Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

If we win the league I hope it's before any points deductions are announced

City are just going to round up all the shameless lawyers with nothing to do now they're banned from laundering oligarch money and drag this through the courts for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Apparently been found alive in the rubble

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Every club is doing this poo poo, city will get a slap on the wrist that’s strong enough to remind everyone to be smart about it when they do it, but that’s it. Reminder that the prem just voted to let the Saudis in at Newcastle lol

No they aren't. Half of cities sponsors are shell companies for the owners and how many teams have secret under the table payments for managers to keep the full wage off the books?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Note that the post is a trap for you to instead point out American Billionaire Stan Kroenke owns and controls things

Immoral owners isn't what city have been charged with.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Now we know why he was so mad about not receiving his """birthday cake"""

My didn't receive illegal payments t-shirt etc etc

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Not that we deserve 3 points given we allowed 3 free headers in the build up to that goal but lol at how poo poo prem refereeing is

https://twitter.com/TheSharpeEnd/status/1624537708587634690?t=sfvBs4vHv5Yky6AgFRtIJA&s=19

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Isn't this getting into lawsuit territory if the league is decided by 2 points?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/FA_PGMOL/status/1626669063140171784?t=nhooWscXF5GCpqzKcYNznw&s=19

Lee Mason got the boot

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Has there ever been another situation where a referee made a god-awful call and then got canned right away? I can’t remember one. They didn’t even fire Andre Mariner after he gave the wrong light skinned guy a card.

I feel like there must be video of him on tinder instead of drawing the lines given some of the other calls over the last few years that have gone unpunished

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

FT coming out with some advanced stats about city

https://twitter.com/samjoiner/status/1627242105499271169?t=1dATNkfgsboZyqtIlUqbmg&s=19

article posted:

One possibility is that just like other, more modest over-performers Brighton and Liverpool, City have mastered the arts of data-driven recruitment to maximise the on-pitch value of every pound they spend. The additional factor of employing arguably the best coach in the world, Pep Guardiola, provides a substantial extra boost. This is certainly plausible — since Guardiola’s arrival, the “Citizens” have been the best-performing team in the league every year across a raft of different metrics.

However, among the more than 100 allegations of financial rule-breaking levelled at City by the Premier League last week is a more ominous possible explanation of the club’s outsized success: that it could have been paying some of its playing and coaching staff additional fees not disclosed in its accounts.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

gently caress man, what a legend. Feel like this deserves its own thread

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1630858497729363969?s=20

It is so dumb that the 3pm rule remains when the match is rescheduled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Bring him home chelsea