Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Bumhead posted:

They should be relegated, but I don't think the EFL are obliged to accept their membership. Why the gently caress should one of their 72 member clubs suffer so cheats can be conveniently re-housed?

Their application to re-join a league can start at the National League and go down from there if necessary.

Bigger clubs than Manchester City have been punted out of their top divisions before, so I hope this is legitimate and that the necessary spines hold up. They can resume their 90's rivalry with Macclesfield Town in the North West Counties league.

Maine Road FC vs Manchester City FC in NWCFL Div One South, loser keeps the Gallagher brothers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the elites won't tell you this, but you can just write down that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer won the league and Tony Pulis won the FA Cup and nobody from City can stop you

:stoke:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

Recreating that Adebayor goal against Arsenal but in reverse.

if you wanted to see Adebayor going backwards quickly, just give him a contract with more than a year left on it

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

According to the Independent, retroactive title-stripping is not likely to be a thing, but relegation may be:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-premier-league-financial-punishment-b2276736.html

Please refer to my earlier discussion of how the universe is made out of words and you can just write 'OLE WON THE LEAGUE' on the internet and on the side of your stepdad Kevin's car

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Yeah the title of 'biggest clown' haha

we're just doing Tim Sherwood dirty like that, then?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1622575693056835586

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Eau de MacGowan posted:

show me 1000 crimes against football and ill show you 1001 bungs

someone print off ten copies of the city charges

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Now we know why he was so mad about not receiving his """birthday cake"""

I literally had this moment of wide-eyed realisation earlier during a boring work conversation

if it actually turns out that Yaya Toure's agent released a story to the press where "birthday cake" was a euphemism for "illegal bung" it's going in ahead of Dave Whelan's Well-Judged Press Conference as the funniest football thing that ever happened

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

tbf everyone on this forum is old now and we can't all call dibs on Gillian Anderson

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Not interested until I see mockups of star players with pricetags on them under the heading TEN HAGS SHOPPING LIST

can't wait to be linked with that stupid barca regen kid with a billion euro release clause

like we can't wait six months and get him in the sales

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/richjolly/status/1624714378909032448?s=46&t=8si2xSqyrUjNQyPiQmM41Q

lol lmao

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

your honour, i wish to submit into evidence these five thousand letters addressed to the dumb clowns who work at the circus, all of which have been delivered to the the professional referees association by the king's own royal mail

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

no you cannot sue the referees for being bad at refereeing despite that being the only thing they do

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Manchester City should be eternally imprisoned in League One like a special ironic cell they build for a Batman villain

can't go up, can't go down, just showing up in Shrewsbury once a year with a banner that says they're not really there and a big flask of bovril that they have to sneak in

as a warning to other clubs

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Has anybody written any analysis worth reading about how Spurs can go from beating City to losing 4-1 to Leicester in a week?

see Ferguson, A. (1997). Team Talks I Have Given While Shitfaced, as cited in Keane, R.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Mainwaring posted:

Didn't Rooney lead his MLS team to last place?

his management speciality appears to be as a captain of doomed ships and hopeless causes, and you can't see it but I'm making all of the gestures toward Southampton FC right now

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I was remembering the dude who refereed the Italy vs South Korea game at the recent world cup which happened 21 years ago

Apparently he didn't get fired immediately after that game like I thought, but he did later take up a job as a professional heroin smuggler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_Moreno

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

pseudodragon posted:

It's also the easiest thing in the world to game accumulation suspensions. A card away from a suspension and you've got a L1 team in the Carabao on Wednesday and City on Saturday? Guess who's getting a card today.

I'm remembering Iker Casillas deliberately getting a yellow to take a suspension on a dead rubber CL game by just running up to a goal kick and then stopping until he got carded

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

yeah, it's this one

in my head it was casillas but they let ramos take the goal kick purely to shithouse

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

you could honestly just play all of the PL games on a Satuday evening / Sunday, to give people the opportunity to watch as much lower-level garbage hack-and-kick ball as possible before going to a local game after the Everton livestream is finished

it works in Italy, and that's not something you hear often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

wooger posted:

Terrible idea for away fans who have to travel to the other end of the country, 3pm will stay forever.

All other European leagues have poo poo all money compared to the premier league, because their TV deals are real bad. So in some cases they’re desperate and willing to compromise the sport for €€€.

the elites don't want you to know this, but you can hire a minibus from a man in guildford, for money

I don't expect it to change at any point in the near future, but they easily could if there was a desire to, it's not an intractable facet of the universe that top-level games need to kick off at the same time as the national league north