Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A Byzantium that large is entirely ahistorical, so you can justify basically anything. At its height, Byzantium was a sort of twin monarchy between the actual monarch and the religious Patriarch, and in this timeline if they're still the Orthodox Church I imagine the power of the Catholic church is far less secure in Europe. An HRE-like setup but with an Orthodox Patriarch crowning emperors instead of a Pope could be reasonable. But you could also just leave it as is IMO since that's speculative.

e. actually, could you crack open the final save of the CK3 game and show us the religious map? I'd be curious to see how europe breaks down.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Leave them as a blob and give them Rome ideas. At that size, they've earned the big R title fair and square.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Rody One Half posted:

Leave them as a blob and give them Rome ideas. At that size, they've earned the big R title fair and square.

This!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Unless they had elective succession laws at the game end, just leave them be. You're gonna need a final boss, after all.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Here is the end game nations

Here are the religions

And Development. We're poor!

After conversion we get this.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I missed the weird exclave in the Sahara.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

My last thought is that I now have the mongolian idea tree, and I'm trying to decide if that appropareate or not - I'm trying to guage how westernised the empire would have become, they were near the top of the fasincation tree.

I can't remeber what it is that hurts tech rates, it's been a but since I last played EUIV (So more car crashes ahead!)

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
If our provinces are so undeveloped, we should get a bad idea tree, I think.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Bad idea: Listening to an incompetent space croctopus
Good idea: Using the incompetent space croctopus' battlemech

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

We could only be but so westernized given our population, but it is a fact that almost our entire existence consisted of our ruling class constantly begging the Vatican for money

Actually, the Pendragons are kind of weird, almost Ptolemaic ruling class, vibe wise

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Rody One Half posted:

We could only be but so westernized given our population, but it is a fact that almost our entire existence consisted of our ruling class constantly begging the Vatican for money

Actually, the Pendragons are kind of weird, almost Ptolemaic ruling class, vibe wise

Yeah, the Pendragons are westernised, but I'm not sure how much the population is - we had cannons and the like in CK3, but I'm not sure how to move that across.
I'll take a look at the wiki and game files later.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

From - Lord Admiral Grey Hunter,
To - Her Royal Highness, Empress of the Croctapus Empire. [/b]

Albion has changed. Sweeping reforms across the empire has seen us move the King and nobles to a back seat. This should lead to a more stable, less likely to collapse Empire!

The old system of levees has been replaced with a standing army, nearly 50,000 men strong.

We set up some official rivals. Its always nice to let your enemies know they are your enemies!

It has to be said, however, that we have not yet removed to chance of peasant revolts!

Arthur is still in charge, but it looks like his daughter is going to be a much better leader – and hopefully having a woman in charge is not going to cause massed civil war!
We can also appoint advisors!

We recruit the ones the best we can, without breaking the bank.

We send out missionaries to reduce religious unrest.

It's apparently an age of discovery – so lets get discovering!

We are not the only one changing, Byzantium is mastering gem cutting.

Lots of people are having golden ages, apparently.

We also discover somewhere called Japan. I'll get to them later.

Honestly, I disagree with this statement.

Yeah, I'm good thanks.

We marry off some daughters or other lesser relations.

We sign an alliance.

We also do a bit of cultural conversion.

Spy networks are a new idea for these people, lets get some of those!

Now this is more useful.

We do not have the cash for this, so we have to deny them aid.

Also, I may be massing my troops for no real reason.

No reason at all.

Our men walk unopposed into Korchin lands.

We walk through their “defences”

I'm always on the lookout for fresh talent.

Ming jumps in as well.

We recruit a general to lead our forces.

I set my minions to make the nation more stable.

This can only help.

Our men march into unknown lands.

This is barely even a war.

This, I can afford.

Our technology advances.

Ming claims the capital.

We still see them surrender.

Most of our losses come from disease and attrition.

The Jews of the world are now seeing Albion as their new homeland, and are seeing skilled people flock to us.

To try and control the peasants, we build a castle in Setsen.

Another Alliance is signed.

We commission stories of the nation, to keep the people proud of Albion.

I keep the nation stable, even if the increased money would have been nice!

The merchants are getting more powerful. Maybe they will be less trouble than the Nobles.

Apparently being diligent and work seven days a week is enoguh to get you fired around here!

This does allow me to bring in some of the talent.

Oh yeah, now I apparently have to worry about something called “inflation” I'm sure it won't cause any issues.

For now, I'm all about the money!

Things are looking peaceful at the moment.

This stability is nice after a few centuries of chaos.

I feel expansion will be slower for a time, but I will find ways to conqure more land – and make this nation I control one of the strongest in the world!

Yours.
Grey Hunter.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
I have no idea of what's happening since I never played EU4 but I am all for the expansion of the Albion Empire!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I have no idea of what's happening since I never played EU4 but I am all for the expansion of the Albion Empire!

At the moment, it's mostly getting the background stuff running - we're dirt poor by most standards, with Ming and its million men to the south.
I'm also shaking off some cobwebs and trying to stop the empure collasping at the moment, but that's pretty normal for large empires like this. A few religous purges and forced culture changes and we'll be sorted.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Basically we are decently sized and in a fairly ok position for start, not a great power but mostly due to a lot more blobbing in this timeline than original europe.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That reference to Igziabeher threw me for a loop but it's cool to see a Jewish empire in the late middle ages.
ברוך המקום, ברוך הוא. (Blessed is this place and blessed is Him)

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

AJ_Impy posted:

The only pretty borders are the seas and impassable terrain.
"Let us state this plainly. We demand a buffer between us and the rest of the galaxy. You are not that buffer. Your allies are not that buffer. Cold, dead space is that buffer, and if it is not, we will make it so."

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Happy to see this LP continue. It looks like the religious balance in europe is less tilted towards the catholics, which I imagine if it had happened in real life might have prevented the protestent reformation from ever getting started. Or for that matter, Benedict's reforms (that priests can't marry, for example) may not have been palatable when there's byzantium right there and their priests get to marry, etc.

Or maybe in this universe the protestants just win outright and the papacy collapses, I dunno!

A huge Jewish homeland is awesome, too. It's fun to imagine how Judaism would mesh into that eastern culture.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
What are Albion's national ideas?

Are we voting for idea groups?

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Kanthulhu posted:

What are Albion's national ideas?

Are we voting for idea groups?

Can we have syndicate/union for the worker? Oh! Can we get student loan for poor student who can't go to university? Free school?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Why ARE we suddenly the first stop shop for Judaism anyway, did I miss Arthur converting in a late CK update or is that just a fun twist we got in the EU conversion?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The Pendragons have been Jewish for a while now, although I can't remember what specific branch.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Kuzarite. One of them converted a few hundred years ago, but then nothing interesting religion wise came, up and the Jews supplanted most of the catholics and tengri.

So Croc ignored it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Like the Croc even has the time to delve into the dumb primates' religious outlook, they all taste much the same.

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013

By popular demand posted:

Like the Croc even has the time to delve into the dumb primates' religious outlook, they all taste much the same.

What religion's followers taste the best? New holy war just dropped.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Huh, we might not have peasant revolts and civil wars for awhile!?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

wedgekree posted:

Huh, we might not have peasant revolts and civil wars for awhile!?

considering that croc seems intent on trying to conquer everyone and rule the world the hard way, the forecast is still ["all rebellions all the time, occasionally failing our way to victory"]

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
Honestly, I'm starting to think that the Empress is actually receiving the message of Croc and just broadcast them to entertain the people of her Empire

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Livewire42 posted:

What religion's followers taste the best? New holy war just dropped.

Since Jews and Muslims are not big on pork consumption the most noticeable difference might be a slight porcine quality to the flesh of Christians, but the Croc has not made his preference on that clear yet.

While seafood might also be a factor it's not farmed to any degree like beef ,poultry and pork are.

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
Are Jews Kosher?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

samcarsten posted:

Are Jews Kosher?

Aside from the obvious, kosher mammals are understood (extrapolating from the specific ones named and why) to be those with split hoofs that chew their cud. Humans fit neither criteria, so long pork isn't kosher any more than the regular kind.

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
So Croctopus is Reform, then?

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

samcarsten posted:

So Croctopus is Reform, then?
Unless you're talking about reforming peasants into something like ground beef, I doubt it.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The offers of alliances flow in.

I also have to worry about doing things like protecting trade.

Well, we won't be going to war with these guys again!

Just as well we're fabricating claims up here.

Rebels spring up – we need to crush a lot of people's hope of leaving the Empire.

We engage.

Lets' get an easy war underway!

Wait? We lost?

In we go again!

That's better news from the front. So a few men died, the rest learned a lesson!

Dulma dies in a hunting accident.

But there are always more spawn to take their place.

I'd prefer bloodthirsty.

Our scientists – I can almost call them that!- are doing well.

Anyone can join our army! I need all the cannon fodder I can get!

On the Solon front, the enemy are counter attacking.

We put paid to that idea.

We throw some local herb into the ocean – this is apparently a big deal.

Lancelot becomes Emperor sooner than I would have thought.

We marry him off for an alliance, of course.

Shocking news from the front – Solon has called in allies, and they are actually competent!

Now we import herbs, because apparently Tea is very important.

We need to support the merchants – trade is going to become more and more important.

I have to deal with a minor political crisis that damages the Pendragon name – but those people are becoming less important to me as I begin to replace their control with my own.

More rebels rise up to get stamped down.

The enemy continue to advance.

I'm not surprised. Embroidery is a hobby, not a trade good!

Okay, maybe I need to deploy a few more troops to this front.

I wish I could tell you tales of glorious victories, but their armies retreat and we just march back in.

Another revolt – at least we are getting all the troublemakers to stand up!

Hmm, two at once and a war may be a bit more of a problem.

The war should be over soon.

Their army reappears and is larger than out forces!

Some timely reinforcements win out though!

Of course, this means I don't have the men to properly commit against the rebels – Albion is a huge place, and it can take months to march from one end to the other!

I'm taking steps to minimize the power of the nobility.

The people use their silly religion to improve their animal husbandry – maybe it has some uses after all!

We improve our military by standardising our pikes.

We begin to deploy longbowmen to the front lines.

Then we improve our administration.

I'm going to focus on infrastructure for now.

Our forces are ambushed and defeated.

But they are off in the allies territory, so I just end the war.

sixty thousand primitives were sacrificed for your empire. While all simian losses are acceptable, I could be a little more efficient.

We crush the rebels.

but people are not getting the hint!

unfortunately for them, I had an army stationed in the area, they don't even get time to properly form up.

And look at that, our research is considered ahead of its time.

An heir is born – which is just as well, as the Pendragons are not seen as legitimate by the world.

The next invasion target is laid in.

Siberia is undergoing an economic boom – all down to me of course.

Religion will always be used to make more money.

We give the Merchant Guilds more privileges to keep them happy.

Something called the renaissance is happening – it's part of the recent changes, and basically means these apes have begun to understand science is important!

It's all the rage in western Europe apparently.

The reason for the slowed expansion is that I have been informed by my Advisors that we have to deal with something called “overexpansion” which makes the people unhappy.
This is a novel idea!

Another revolt pops up under an army stationed there for this reason.

The revolution dies in its crib.

The absorption of newly conquered lands comes to an end.

And now it's time to prepare for the next war.

Yours.
Grey Hunter.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
War... war never changes, whatever the game.

Glad overexpansion creates problems in the game, just as in real life.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

War, Glorious war!

Damnit! Curse this interconnected web of alliances!

Our nation continues to prosper under my more direct rule.

We don't have enough lands for the crown, apparently, so I cease some.

The church immediately whips the peasants into a frenzy.

This is not a good thing for the poor tasty peasents.

The Nobility plan a bit more, and could have raised 18,000 men – so we buy them off.

The other rebel force is quickly destroyed.

Byzantium has expanded once more, but it has also lost some of it's core territories – maybe they will shatter into a million pieces, and we will be the main power in the world!

We lose an ally. We had to many anyway.

Another group of rebels rise up.

Lancelot is an idiot. Thankfully I have firmly put myself into control, and his is a figurehead I hope to make less important with time.

Albion is now officially the Jewish homeland, and we gain massively from this.

I commit this to infrastructure – we are to poor, and only buy building a economy can I hope to conquer the world!

We crush the rebellion.

Our general improves his skill levels.

We are ready to engage a new target.

In we go!

We overwhelm their paltry defenders.

The battle is one sided.

The Age of discovery continues – we developed our capital to meet one goal, and were already straddling two continents, for now, we make it easier to justify our wars. I plan on expanding, so anything that makes that easier is a good thing.

The enemy allies are in our lands, having marched through Ming.

Some of our forces mass to deal with this threat.

They are barely even a speed bump.

Things are going well!

We found a monopoly, and tax it as much as we can.

This is immediately spent on buildings. Mostly markets, but a couple of castles on the southern boarder to help increase our control of the region.

The enemy combine their forces and get the drop on one of our armies.

We are taking land though – let's not think that this affects the course of the war, it only slows the inevitable.

I continue to push our infrastructure projects. A 10% drop on 100 ducats is a good amount!

The Byzantines are still strong.

We engage again.

We break one of the Allies.

We have lost more men, but that matters little in the long term.

This leaves the other allies army alone.

They also sue for peace.

With them gone, we are able to take the entire nation.

Now those casualties are more even.

Now the long work on absorbing the new lands begins.

Another war or two, and we may even get to the coast – just think what opportunities that would give Albion!

Yours.
Grey Hunter.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Grey Hunter posted:

Another war or two, and we may even get to the coast – just think what opportunities that would give Albion!

What's this then?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Unfortunately as the real Russian empire got very aware of, not every point of contact with the sea actually makes for a functional port.
Plenty of spots are just too rocky or frozen solid most of the year.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Albion is on two continents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

Albion is on two continents?