Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Episode Two - Starved For Help

Skip the recap with this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNih2hwNi-s&t=68s

This video is only seven minutes long including the recap, there is a timestamp in the video but I thought that I'd provide a direct link here as well. I was going to start this up tomorrow but the finale of episode one was short and the opening of this episode is even shorter. A decision needs to be made and it's up to you all to decide what we do.

Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/e6Z28AvdXnN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
One more day of voting left, this is the closest one so far!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

It's a good poll. Excellent name

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
It’s good to have a choice where there are tangible downsides to each choice - you either waste time on opening a bear trap (and risk the leg being too far gone already), or you end up with (presumably) an ally without a lower leg, who is unfortunately going to slow you up in a crisis.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I thought that I'd do a test run of what's to come if we do chop off the guy's leg and it's definitely a time saver compared to the other method. It seems like the decision to save the leg is the comedy option.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It looks like we're going to see an amputation after all. I was going to record an update tonight as it's only going to be 10-15 minutes long, but I've picked up a rather nasty bug today and it's progressively gotten worse as the evening has gone on. I'm wearing a thick jumper and thermal socks and I'm still shivering like a leaf. I'm not working tomorrow so I'll try to have something done tomorrow if I'm feeling up for it.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Lee and the group return to the motel with some new friends and no one seems to be very welcoming of them. We do have a slight bit of respite and an opportunity to speak to the gang, but we've also been given a new task.

There are eleven people at the camp but two of these people are currently indisposed. This poll is going to be different as four options need to be chosen from a possible nine. Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/xVg7j1A7rnr

I was going to start something up regarding the power struggle but I felt like this poll was already a beast.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
There's a far more brutal option where you can half chop the guy's leg off then leave him to the zombies if you take too long, it's the real psycho option.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

There's a far more brutal option where you can half chop the guy's leg off then leave him to the zombies if you take too long, it's the real psycho option.

I did think about that when I was recording earlier and there was a moment where I thought about letting it happen. I have to respect the results of the vote though.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Well, we could be practical and feed the adults, but Lee has a consistent history of being a bleeding heart trying to take care of kids above his own well being at this point: So I made sure to vote for duck, Clementine, and Larry.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

Well, we could be practical and feed the adults, but Lee has a consistent history of being a bleeding heart trying to take care of kids above his own well being at this point: So I made sure to vote for duck, Clementine, and Larry.

You don't have to be consistent at all if you don't want to be. I made some neutral choices at the start along with making some choices with the best of intentions but now the LP has made some headway I'm able to give everyone else control over the big decisions. Make Lee pocket some of the food that he's meant to be handing out and give some food to Ben even though he's only just arrived if you really want to.

There's been a few votes already, Lilly is the only person on zero at the moment :monocle:.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I do appreciate that Clementine is above and beyond our first choice to feed.

If we''re going to be consistent about anything in this, being Pro-Clementine is a good choice.

Also :rip: that dude.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Shei-kun posted:

I do appreciate that Clementine is above and beyond our first choice to feed.

If we''re going to be consistent about anything in this, being Pro-Clementine is a good choice.

Also :rip: that dude.

Clementine has been voted on eight times out of eight so far. I do find it amusing that Ben is beating Lilly despite only being in the game for fifteen minutes.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I do find it amusing that Ben is beating Lilly despite only being in the game for fifteen minutes.
I find it best to be nice to newcomers in an apocalyptic scenario, you don't know how many people are left after all.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

I find it best to be nice to newcomers in an apocalyptic scenario, you don't know how many people are left after all.

I didn't really think about it like that. I just thought that he's a guest and we have our own group that we're already struggling to feed.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The voting is over and the results are in. Clementine was the only person who secured a vote from everyone who did vote. The three other pieces of food will be going to Duck, Carley and Larry.

I'm still unwell at the moment and my voice has been hoarse the last couple of days so I'm unsure when the next update will happen. I'm hoping to have something up on Monday at the latest.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

A short video but we're at the end of the first chapter and I wanted to start the second chapter fresh as it's a fairly lengthy one. In this video, four of the gang receive some food and then Mr Parker decides that he's rested long enough and wants to stretch his legs.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Something I appreciate is just how hard it is to kill a single zombie, like these people aren't hardened badasses or have a load of guns laying around but they are just frightened civilians with whatever they can find on hand.

Double that with the knowledge that one bite is curtains for you.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

Something I appreciate is just how hard it is to kill a single zombie, like these people aren't hardened badasses or have a load of guns laying around but they are just frightened civilians with whatever they can find on hand.

Double that with the knowledge that one bite is curtains for you.

Yeah, I like that even after three months that they're all still normal people figuring out how to live another day.

I'm surprised with their food situation though. I've checked out a map of Macon and it seems like a pretty big place and it's surrounded by lots of smaller communities.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

That's the thing when society melts, nobody is coming to restock the shops and all perishable food will have rotted, I can easily imagine the accessible shops have been beyond picked clean.

I certainly wouldn't want to go scratching around shops when a mob of zombies could appear at any time.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

That's the thing when society melts, nobody is coming to restock the shops and all perishable food will have rotted, I can easily imagine the accessible shops have been beyond picked clean.

I certainly wouldn't want to go scratching around shops when a mob of zombies could appear at any time.

That is true, but they were almost out of food as it was. It was a stroke of luck that a couple of friendly people came along otherwise they may have had to resort to desperate measures. I'd rather hunt for extra food in likely locations while there's still a supply available rather than take dangerous risks while my body was starving. Looting would have taken care of most of the long shelf-life items, any fruits that have perished should hopefully still have some seeds that could be harvested and some stores may have seed\bulb packets left.

But I'm looking at this objectively from my own place in the warm, with electricity, running water and food in the kitchen already. Plus, at the time of writing, I'm not living through a zombie apocalypse.

Edit: I've finished a test run of the next few segments and I'm going to do a continuous run throughout until I hit a certain point. It will be fairly lengthy and it won't be ending on a vote.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 6, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Lee, Carley, Mark & Ben visit the dairy farm to check it out and to meet the rest of the family.

This is a fairly lengthy update and another one without a vote. I noticed there was something weird going on occasionally with the character models in the last few updates but it seems to have started to calm down somewhat now. This episode is also coming up with some great automated thumbnails:

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

I'm surprised with their food situation though. I've checked out a map of Macon and it seems like a pretty big place and it's surrounded by lots of smaller communities.

Cities (any and every city, no matter the size) are food black holes. Produce little to none, consume a lot. It's been that way since the invention of cities. Larger cities are, on the whole, a couple days away from mass starvation on any given day. Smaller ones, maybe a week or two depending on the season.

That's without any zombies.
(EDIT : granted, the zombie apocalypse would also drastically reduce the population of the city. But then again, the population that's left would also be inclined on building as large individual stockpiles as possible, so six of one...)

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 10, 2023

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I don't know what's in that barn, but I'm guessing it's related to the vague description of everyone else drifting on.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've just completed a test run of the next update, it looks like this one will end up in a vote. I'll also start up a vote for the petty feud power struggle at the same time, staying neutral is still a valid option but I'd like to know if there's a majority for a specific side. I may record and upload the next update tomorrow.

FoolyCharged posted:

I don't know what's in that barn, but I'm guessing it's related to the vague description of everyone else drifting on.

I can't quite remember what is in there at this point in time but the St Johns did mention that they own a cow which is currently unwell.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I've just completed a test run of the next update, it looks like this one will end up in a vote. I'll also start up a vote for the petty feud power struggle at the same time, staying neutral is still a valid option but I'd like to know if there's a majority for a specific side. I may record and upload the next update tomorrow.

I can't quite remember what is in there at this point in time but the St Johns did mention that they own a cow which is currently unwell.

An evil zombie cow sounds way too fun to be the actual plot point and that makes me sad.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

An evil zombie cow sounds way too fun to be the actual plot point and that makes me sad.

There is a new era for Telltale and they're making new games. We could always start a campaign to make this the plot for a potential sequel.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

There are a few questions that we need to ask our new hosts but they'll have to wait as we're going to have even more to ask them when we resolve the situation in this video.

This video ends with another vote and just to reassure you all, none of the choices will result in a game over. Voting will be ending in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/NPgxE0qwMZ2

I've also started a vote on how we should back to lead the group. We can start either start to backing either Kenny or Lilly, or we can remain steadfastly neutral and see how things turn out. There have also been some prompts about Lee potentially taking over the leadership role of the group, we can start to assert his authority if you really want to. I'm kept the voting open and ongoing on this one, I'm not sure how this works with StrawPoll but I've allowed it so people can edit their own votes: https://strawpoll.com/polls/e6Z28p20XnN

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm just thinking about how amazingly lucky you'd be to have an actual living cow like 3-4 months into the apocalypse, I know its a dairy farm and all but with no vets and zombies prowlng around that is some luck indeed.

It isn't just people that get chomped on but anything with a pulse.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Given how cagey our hosts have gotten about, well, everything, I'm expecting him to shoot her if we don't just to keep her from talking to us.

Also, you know what's better than a 2 way power struggle? A three way power struggle

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm just thinking about how amazingly lucky you'd be to have an actual living cow like 3-4 months into the apocalypse, I know its a dairy farm and all but with no vets and zombies prowlng around that is some luck indeed.

It isn't just people that get chomped on but anything with a pulse.

I agree completely. The defences have certainly kept it safe but keeping it relatively healthy and still producing milk in this scenario is definitely impressive.

Has anyone read the book "Earth Abides" by George R. Stewart? It was written in 1949 but it's an impressive work of fiction on the downfall of modern civilization after a deadly disease has ravaged humanity.

FoolyCharged posted:

Given how cagey our hosts have gotten about, well, everything, I'm expecting him to shoot her if we don't just to keep her from talking to us.

Also, you know what's better than a 2 way power struggle? A three way power struggle

I've completed this season three times. My first time was a blind playthrough, the others were siding completely with Kenny and then Lilly. This may be my first run where I'm staying neutral and potentially going to attempt a coup.

The decisions we're making now will run on through later seasons so it'll be interesting to see the knock on effects if we go down this route.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've played a lot of season 1 and 2, too much you might say, so any runs I do now is just seeing how weird and crazy I can make Lee.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

There's one more day of voting and there's a clear winner of how we are going to proceed in the next video.

The vote in terms of the power struggle is currently a draw between Kenny and Lee asserting his dominance. Unless things change I'll move forward with staying neutral and only deciding with Kenny if we are forced to choose between him and Lilly.

Judge Tesla posted:

I've played a lot of season 1 and 2, too much you might say, so any runs I do now is just seeing how weird and crazy I can make Lee.

I've only played through the second season once and my memory of it is fairly hazy. I was planning to do them all but then when things with TellTale went down I backed right off them for a very long time. I may do more in the future but I'll see how this one goes first.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Unless there is a surge of votes in the next few hours it's pretty evident which option is the winner. I've already gone ahead and recorded the next update which I'll post tonight after I've finished work. It's going to be another fairly lengthy video and it's going to end in another vote, I'm going to be very interested to see how many people choose a particular option.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Lee and Danny return back from the camp and dinner is almost ready. Our hosts have started to warm up to us and have now given our group access to the barn, Kenny has only been in there for five minutes and he's already trying to break into unauthorized areas. Kenny's suspicions may be for a good reason as we start to learn more about the family and their home, even more so after we're invited inside for dinner...

This episode ends on a vote and it's a doozy. Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/ajnEOG6eMZW

The poll for the balance of power is still ongoing. At this point in time we are backing Kenny: https://strawpoll.com/polls/e6Z28p20XnN

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 16, 2023

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Eh, what's a little soylent amongst friends?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I made a mistake before, two of the options will result in one response. Only one of them is the nice response.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 16, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've amended the update to delete what I said about the responses having the same outcome. As I made a mistake I'll put the nicest response in spoiler tags if anyone wishes to know it and I'll edit the poll so people can change their vote if they want too.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Not gonna lie though, I was expecting Zombie dead husband they couldn't bear to put down, not "no! It's people!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

Not gonna lie though, I was expecting Zombie dead husband they couldn't bear to put down, not "no! It's people!"

There's still a false wall downstairs so that still could be a possibility.

There's one day of voting left and one option is currently in the lead. This is a pretty lengthy episode compared to the first as we're only about halfway through at the moment.