Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
There is three hours left to go and there are two options tieing for first place at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
"DON'T EAT THAT!" and "IT'S PEOPLE!" received the same amount of votes so I used a spin the wheel to make the final decision and I recorded the result: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKQqgUUP5tA

"DON'T EAT THAT!" was the winner.

Edit: Excuse the background noise, I'm watching Bob's Burgers right now.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Lee has confronted the St. John's and has made the whole situation very precarious. I have absolutely no idea what happened to my voice when I first began commenting but it seemed to calm down quickly enough. There was a tough decision to make during this segment but I went with the popular votes at the time of recording. There will be a series of decisions to make in the next section of the game but instead of a vote for each one, I'm going to go ahead with an all-or-nothing approach.

Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/05ZdWDjO4g6

The poll for the balance of power is still ongoing. At this point in time we are staying neutral but exerting our own authority. Kenny is currently winning the popularity vote: https://strawpoll.com/polls/e6Z28p20XnN

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

FoolyCharged posted:

Not gonna lie though, I was expecting Zombie dead husband they couldn't bear to put down, not "no! It's people!"

The Walking Dead TV show spent much of season 2 building up to the first one and later seasons have the standard cannibal camps causing trouble.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Man, a situation where don't (directly) kill them feels like the more humane one. Oh well, sucks to be them. Mark seemed like a cool guy we didn't have time to properly meat, and Clementine has seen enough killing for the day. Enjoy your turn at being food, assholes.

E: although on the other hand - They did get Larry to shut up, so maybe they aren't all bad

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Mar 20, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The clear winner is to incapacitate the St Johns, I will try to record an update tomorrow. I did attempt to practise this scenario last night but I ran out if time after several restarts. I had to cut it short after finding out that the final non-violent choice was only enabled through violence.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is the final part of the second episode. I don't do a whole lot of talking throughout as there is a lot of action happening throughout. There was a final decision that needed to be made, but just like when it came to visiting the dairy farm it was going to happen whether we liked it or not so I decided to roll with it.

There is a bit of slow-down at times when there is a lot happening on screen, it's one of those cases where things play fine until I hit the record button and extra resources get taken up. It's unfortunate and I apologise for it detracting in any way. The vibrating models seem to have returned and at one point there seemed to be a bit of a clipping issue with Kenny.

I'm going to put the stats behind spoiler tags as one of them involves the decision made at the end of this video:

I'm most likely going to start the next episode on Monday as I will have plenty of time to do so. If it doesn't happen for any reason I will inform you all.

Thank you, everyone, for contributing and watching through this LP so far.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

I like the visible arm from the walker at the top of the stairs as you drive her into it.

Also, yup. Definitely would have been kinder just to kill them directly. But don't worry Clementine, we left without seeing them die, so the guy pinned by a bear trap and the guy on the ground whimpering and too weak to walk definitely could have escaped. They could be on their way to a farm upstate right now!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Honestly the St John's farm was gonna fall sooner or later what with the woods full of bandits and zombies, I'm not sorry to see them go even with their bullshit justifications for cannibalism.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Yeah, it's a pretty good setup if you're under the assumption that things are going to get better relatively soon, but in this setting they were always going to be hosed. They would have been dead by the next chapter even if the group hadn't gone there.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Episode Three - Long Road Ahead

Lee and Kenny return to Macon and discover that there's been some activity since their last visit. This is another short opening video as we see a new friend and we need to decide whether we surprise them with a gift.

Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/40ZmqaQN2Za

The poll for the balance of power is still ongoing. At this point in time we are staying neutral but exerting our own authority. Kenny is currently winning the popularity vote: https://strawpoll.com/polls/e6Z28p20XnN

I'll be visiting my daughter in Scotland this weekend so I will try to record another update on Thursday, if I'm unable to the next update will happen early next week.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've never actually helped the survivor you meet in what's left of Macon, sure it'd be the humane thing to do but like, there's zombies everywhere and the noise would just send the horde after you.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

I've never actually helped the survivor you meet in what's left of Macon, sure it'd be the humane thing to do but like, there's zombies everywhere and the noise would just send the horde after you.

I could never bring myself to kill the survivor myself, it probably is the humane option but it felt too much like murder. Maybe we should ask Kenny to do it seeing as he's good at finishing off vulnerable people.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Heck, you see her get bitten in the leg. It's surprising she's even still walking.

That said I've been fairly consistently voting for Lee to have a lot of compassion and very little survival instinct, so drawing the zombie Horde trying to save the soon to be dead woman is the clear cut vote.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

Heck, you see her get bitten in the leg. It's surprising she's even still walking.

That said I've been fairly consistently voting for Lee to have a lot of compassion and very little survival instinct, so drawing the zombie Horde trying to save the soon to be dead woman is the clear cut vote.

Leaving the person for the zombies seems to be the winning vote so far.

I'm going to attempt to record an update tomorrow, I've already tested out a playthrough with this scenario and either way it's going to be a lengthy update. I will do things in a different order in the recording as I can easily cut the time down by doing so. I definitely want to have the next update tomorrow as it's going to have a very interesting ending and we're going to have make probably the biggest decision for the group so far.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is an extra-long video and there's a lot that happens throughout. Lee & Kenny return from Macon to discover a distraught Lilly, you can imagine that Kenny doesn't have much sympathy for her. Even though we have some respite in this section Lee decides to solve a mystery with his new sidekick and while doing so he decides that it's time that he speaks to everyone individually about a sensitive subject. This video has a lot of talking and a lot of action, it also ends on a very important decision to make.

Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/xVg7jX1GOnr

I had the LP curse strike while recording this video. My shooting was flawless during my practice run but it was terrible during the recording, so much so that I got Lee killed at one point and had to redo part of it again..

I won't be free to update on Sunday but I will aim to have something up early next week.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Nope, she's out, gone, goodbye, seeya, don't come back.

Honestly, the Macon camp lasted a hell of a lot longer than the various places in the early Walking Dead TV series, Rick and his group could barely relax before a horde swept into town and started killing people.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Well, on one hand she's completely unhinged and just killed someone who, even if they were the traitor, was at best guilty of staying quiet about being extorted by bandits threatening to kill the group if the "traitor didn't comply. Plus, I can't really see Carly as having been that person without talking to Lee about it.

On the other hand, Lee can't really throw stones about killing people on flimsy to no evidence. Although that does rely on the assumption that we were dealing with Hollywood cpr where ROSC is nearly instantaneous, the patient isn't a high risk for rapid relapse into arrest when it is achieved, and the clot or whatever ailment caused the arrest just magically goes away without any further medical intervention.

And ditching her in walker infested woods seems as psychotic as just blasting a member of the group without any evidence. Might as well wait until the next town to dump her on the side of the road and let her have a chance, however small, of survival.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Sorry Lilly, but you've been voted out of the group. Seven people voted to kick her out and two people voted to bring her with us.

I'm not sure when the next update will be. I'm currently on my third train heading home from Scotland and I probably won't even have any time to do a practice run until tomorrow night at the earliest. My youngest is off school for the Easter holidays and I'll be having her every morning this week and for the entirety of the weekend. My chances to record anything are going to be slim this week but I'll try to have something up within the next few days.

I'll have plenty of free time next week as she will be with her mother for the whole week.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 2, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've completed a test run of the next segment, I'm hoping to record something tonight with the aim of pushing out an update tomorrow. This one is going to end in a vote and it's going to be another big one.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Another lengthy episode with another important vote. The group are now two members down and it's only a matter of time before they lose a third member. The group are forced to set up camp for a while but it soon becomes a blessing in disguise.

Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/3RnYlDeexye

I was able to get home sooner than expected from work tonight so I was able to record, edit and upload everything all in one session. The vote ends on Saturday and it's looking like I'm going to be busy all weekend. If one of the options does receive a significantly higher amount of votes than the rest then I may attempt to record something Saturday evening and pray that things don't change at the last minute.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell poo poo.

I was wondering when something like this would happen.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

It must be galling knowing that a single bite or bad scratch from the zombies and it's game over for you, I'd honestly wear a shark suit or something if I were in that situation.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Welp. Goodbye, Robin :smith:

I'd say this is a good time to indulge in no choice as a choice, because at the end of the day it's not Lee's choice to make.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's fairly close so far. Lee currently has three votes, Katjaa and staying silent are currently on two votes. No one voted for Kenny as of yet.

I have to say that I'm surprised about people voting for Katjaa.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I voted Katjaa because it is a matter for them to deal with and I don't trust Kenny to be able to do it in time. I trust him to do it, but not before something bad happens.

Katjaa has clearly processed the grief enough to at least get the job done cleanly and immediately. I feel it isn't Lee's place to do it unless they explicitly request it of him.

If it was a choice just between Lee and Kenny, though? Absolutely Lee.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I also voted Katjaa since I reasoned its not Lee's place to do it and something that should be done by a parent and she seems more stable than Kenny.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I took a risk and decided to record this update before the vote was over. The vote at the time of recording was for Lee to end Duck's suffering and, thankfully, it remained the same at the end of the voting time. There's no secret that Duck is dying, Katjaa and Kenny take him into the words to say their goodbyes before Lee takes on the burden of ending his life with some dignity. This update takes place entirely on the train and there are some truths that are revealed, some welcome and some not.

There is no vote at the end of this video. I could do a vote in the next video but I'm not sure it's worth making one, it's right at the end of the episode and I can judge from the votes already about Lee's character that I believe that I'll know how the vote will swing anyway. If I'm wrong in my judgement then feel free to call me out on it, but we will save this for next time.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Apr 9, 2023

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, poo poo.

I read that situation wrong!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Jesus Lee, that was one hell of a way to react to Ben. Not a single sympathetic option for the kid. He didn't go nuts and shoot her, that was Lily. The literal kid is a victim in this and his major crime was not telling the group about it when the bandits first threatened him.

The lack of an option for Lee to have figured it out kind of sucked. It wasnt exactly a stumper on who did it.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I was hoping to have something up sooner as I am child-free this week, but my child passed on her horrible stomach to me the last time that I saw her. I'm still suffering now but I'm on the mend, thankfully.

This is the final update for this episode. There's not a lot that I can say about this video that won't spoil anything as there is a lot that happens within it. There are a couple of things that I will put in spoilers though.

Ben is either blind or just really incompetent. How does anyone not notice a horde of that size making that much noise without noticing until they're that close?

Regarding the potential vote near the end of the episode: My reasoning behind making this decision was to help the person with the injured leg first over the person who can run without any problems. Besides, we'd have to be absolute dicks to just leave someone behind when we can easily have helped them straight afterwards. I know that there was some hushed talk with Christa and we can easily make an assumption out of it but still, Omid had a nasty fall and needed taking care of. If I was wrong in making this decision then please let me know, I would have put it to a vote but we were about three minutes from the end credits.

FoolyCharged posted:

Jesus Lee, that was one hell of a way to react to Ben. Not a single sympathetic option for the kid. He didn't go nuts and shoot her, that was Lily. The literal kid is a victim in this and his major crime was not telling the group about it when the bandits first threatened him.

The lack of an option for Lee to have figured it out kind of sucked. It wasnt exactly a stumper on who did it.

I can understand that Lee is angry and still hurting over the situation. Ben should have spoken to the group but his actions pushed Lilly further to the edge and her paranoia ended up with putting a bullet through Carley's skull. Ben hosed up, but if he's going to stick around then I at least want to try to make peace with him where I can. I don't want to make him an emotional punching bag and put him down at every opportunity and if I remember correctly we can continually punish him if we wanted too.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Without any background noise that train would be the loudest thing in the world, I'm not surprised that a mega horde is approaching at all.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

It's at this point that the 'choices matter' pitch just falls apart sadly. Despite making the overall good design decision of no inventory except for really short periods of time the game doesn't manage to replace resource management with anything else and so the player is just clicking through the story and the choice usually only means a character is happy or mad at Lee for the next scene or two. Then no matter what choices you've previously made you're on the train with the predetermined set of characters who will always make it onto the train while all the others have been killed off.

I get that the games would become huge and nightmarish to write out if every combination of characters could make it through, let alone if there was going to be emotion tracking between characters, but the game bottlenecks everything way too hard to avoid it. Even if most of the characters have to leave the group before getting to the train then there should have been more offramps written for them - they could be dead or just missing because of player choice, have a 'happy' ending and a good reason to leave or were mad at the player and just left on their own accord. That would stop the game from branching uncontrollably but still give a sense of meaning to player choices - they'd make Lee a good or a bad person in a way that could be tracked between the episodes. As it is the game is unfortunately mostly just an extra clicky visual novel.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

Without any background noise that train would be the loudest thing in the world, I'm not surprised that a mega horde is approaching at all.

It must have been following for some time and at some speed. I'm not exactly sure just how far they've travelled but Savannah is over 160 miles away from Macon. I'm surprised that a horde that size was able to creep up to them that closely without anyone noticing. It wasn't foggy and the track was straight so you should be able to see a mile or two either way, the only way I can think that this happened is that they emerged nearby from the woods onto the track and were attracted by the noise.

namesake posted:

It's at this point that the 'choices matter' pitch just falls apart sadly. Despite making the overall good design decision of no inventory except for really short periods of time the game doesn't manage to replace resource management with anything else and so the player is just clicking through the story and the choice usually only means a character is happy or mad at Lee for the next scene or two. Then no matter what choices you've previously made you're on the train with the predetermined set of characters who will always make it onto the train while all the others have been killed off.

I get that the games would become huge and nightmarish to write out if every combination of characters could make it through, let alone if there was going to be emotion tracking between characters, but the game bottlenecks everything way too hard to avoid it. Even if most of the characters have to leave the group before getting to the train then there should have been more offramps written for them - they could be dead or just missing because of player choice, have a 'happy' ending and a good reason to leave or were mad at the player and just left on their own accord. That would stop the game from branching uncontrollably but still give a sense of meaning to player choices - they'd make Lee a good or a bad person in a way that could be tracked between the episodes. As it is the game is unfortunately mostly just an extra clicky visual novel.

I've heard this is the case and that it gets worse as each season goes on. Everything does start out very ambitiously but it wouldn't surprise me if the decision to rein everything back was purely for financial reasons.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I'm surprised that a horde that size was able to creep up to them that closely without anyone noticing. It wasn't foggy and the track was straight so you should be able to see a mile or two either way, the only way I can think that this happened is that they emerged nearby from the woods onto the track and were attracted by the noise.

You won't like this explanation but its a trope from the TV show, most encounters have the group ambushed by zombies that materialised out of thin air while also being completely silent until they make contact.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

You won't like this explanation but its a trope from the TV show, most encounters have the group ambushed by zombies that materialised out of thin air while also being completely silent until they make contact.

I didn't know this but it's not surprising. I quit watching the show about halfway through because of this kind of malarkey.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Didn't you know? Zombies have a much more limited draw distance than everyone else and only spawn in for ambushes.

That's how they sneak up on you in hordes when you're on flat, open plains with very short grass.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I was about to note just how incredibly positive this LP was about the game when I got to the last page.

Yeah, everyone is a blind and deaf moron.

Looking forward to finally seeing the ending to this story. My own attempt to do so was derailed by the game's saves being occasionally an irreversibly corrupted - which Telltale knew about for years but never bothered to fix. As there's no way to skip or fast forward anything, replaying wasn't really an option.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Apr 16, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The group have arrived in Savannah and it's not very long until the fun starts happening.

I wasn't planning to update until tomorrow but my luck was in tonight. At this point in the series the "tough choices" start becoming few and far between but I'll include them as much as I can, I may throw in some others just for the fun of it. In some ways, it may work out for the better as the videos will be lengthier going forward and I can probably pace things a little better. I could have split this video into two separate segments but I know that one of the tough choices was going to happen within a reasonable amount of time.

Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/PbZqRqQqWyN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

One more day of voting and urging Kenny to pull the trigger is winning by one vote. I don't think that I'll have enough time to record an update tomorrow night so I'm aiming to have something up over the weekend.