Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

FoolyCharged posted:

Huh. I was kind of expecting them to smash him up and leave him to the walkers, not just straight up beat him to death.

Kenny wanted revenge and wanted to make sure Carver was down permanently. What I want to know is why Carver didn't attempt to draw the gun at his side, did he want an end to it all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Cold blooded brutal beatdowns, that's the walking dead I know!

Seriously the TV show loved to do this, especially when Negan arrived.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Kenny is just genre savvy. He knows that unless you leave your enemy as a barely recognizable pile of meat they will be back in the next season, being an even bigger rear end in a top hat.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Just a quick update. There's going to be a delay with starting the next episode as I've come down with another case of the Corona. I've had it since Wednesday and even though I'm on the mend, I still feel pretty shite. I'll have something up soon, hopefully.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Episode Four - Amid The Ruins

This episode starts out exactly where the last one finished, in utter chaos!

I know that I've spoken about this before but I'm going to make most of the decisions going forward in an effort to make the LP flow more freely and to be able to make fewer and longer updates. The voting numbers have been in a steady decline, having a lot of polls for small matters with no consequences probably hasn't helped matters and as a consequence, there's been a number of short updates that could have been lengthier. The voting has been a massive help, especially in the first season, as it gave me an idea of how people would prefer the protagonist would react in situations and the personality to employ when speaking to people. There will still be one or two votes an episode, but I'll save them for situations that call for them.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

It rarely ends well walking into a mega zombie horde, this was one of the earliest TV show episodes as well, it didn't end in complete chaos but Rick and the others had to run for their lives once the zombies detected them after it started raining.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Clementine returns to the meeting site with the survivors but there's no time for anyone to rest. The group are in need of shelter and supplies but it seems like fate is pushing them to find both of these in double quick time.

This video ends in a vote: https://strawpoll.com/e2narP7QAgB

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Well, this guy seems trustworthy.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The voting is tied with less than three hours to go.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This video follows on directly with taking the medicine away from Arvo. Clementine returns back to the meeting point and is then made to help Bonnie & Mike and, as you can see in the banner, they also make a new friend. The group decide to move Rebecca to a safer place and they all live happily ever after have to deal with what's coming as best as they can.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

The zombie outbreak is even making the trash pandas sad :(

Dang it, Kenny! Thus whole time you've been hyping up your experience and you weren't even trying to stimulate that baby!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

No one is safe forever. This video is the final part of this episode.

This video is blocked in Russia, for some reason.

FoolyCharged posted:

The zombie outbreak is even making the trash pandas sad :(

Dang it, Kenny! Thus whole time you've been hyping up your experience and you weren't even trying to stimulate that baby!

Was Kenny at Duck's birth or is he one of those fathers who thinks his place outside of the ward?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I tell you, it's just a one way train to depression town, I wish zombie media wouldn't always do this but gotta have that drama.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Man, I know they're trying to be sad and dramatic, but I'm just sitting there thinking iy"ll be hilarious if everyone but clem and Kenny got killed in that fracas. At this point, it's getting comical how much emotional trauma the man keeps surviving.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Episode Five - No Going Back

This is the final episode of this series and it starts out immediately after the end of the previous episode. This video is a little longer than usual but I wanted to play through the game up until the end of the day.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

That was A lot more survivors than I was expecting. All those guns pointed straight at each other going off like mad and there wound up being what, one person downed in the initial shots?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Three, if you count Rebecca. There's Rebecca, that boy's sister, and that guy with the shotgun. He isn't dead, but it looks like he got hit and fell. But yes, oddly bloodless

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Clem was in clear sight of the guy with tattoos but he didn't shoot her, for some reason. He also had a clear shot of Kenny but didn't shoot him either.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this video, Kenny gets angry and everyone else gets angry with Kenny. It's business as usual then. It was clear that they were going for a balance of power thing and that won't be letting up any time soon.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

"Kenny gets angry and..." might as well be this seasons subtitle post episode 2.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

We're nearing the end of the episode now as well as the series. This video starts out with everything falling apart and it only gets worse from here on out. There is a big choice to make at the end of the video and it's going to be another vote as it's a big decision to make and it will affect how the rest of the episode plays out. There will most likely be only one more video left in this series as I'm intending to see this through to the end in the next recording.

Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/GJn476dzXyz

Judge Tesla posted:

"Kenny gets angry and..." might as well be this seasons subtitle post episode 2.

This episode may surprise you, but I doubt it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I like how everyone assumrs she stopped and killed the kid or something and that it had nothing to do with being an unrestrained passenger in multiple collisions.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It looks like we will be letting the situation play out without our intervention. I was going to try to record a video before work but my personal life is going on the fritz this morning so I will try to record something after work. This will be the last video of this episode and of this series.

FoolyCharged posted:

I like how everyone assumrs she stopped and killed the kid or something and that it had nothing to do with being an unrestrained passenger in multiple collisions.

Or being exposed in a blizzard for several days while wrapped only in a blanket?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is the finale of the second series of The Walking Dead. There are only thirteen minutes of game footage and I only say one line throughout, one that I screwed up what I was intending to say. Jane really was looking for a fight, there have been tensions in the group and she decided to set up this showdown and she did that by doing the one thing that would make Kenny lose his mind. There is a fair amount that I'd like to say but I'll save it for another time as I'm going to go heavily into spoiler territory if I do. I will post the stats for this episode when I post more thoughts and more information on the events of this video and the alternate scenarios.

I'm going to play this series in release order so the next video will be the start of the Michonne mini-series.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Some thoughts, spoilered just in case:

Jane didn't need to die, but she also didn't need to start the fight in the first place. Her intentions were clear, she was there to prove a point and she misled both of them about the fate of AJ. She knew exactly what she was doing.

I do feel bad for Kenny and I feel like he was being unfairly portrayed, even though we all know he is an rear end in a top hat at heart, they were really trying to ramp it up in this series.

Separate spoiler tags as this involves the TV show: I feel like they were trying to copy a storyline of Rick's where he lost his mind after losing Lori, but eventually regained control of himself

Kenny had already lost one family, lost the new group he was with, took a severe beating and ended up losing an eye over it and then ended up losing his new partner. The man had gone through some severe trauma, had been in recovery and then we came along and he went through several more traumatic events. He was unstable at times, he was an rear end in a top hat at others and everyone had their right to walk away from it. Some of them did, but Jane stuck around. Both of them were bad enough for antagonizing each other but there was no need for the showdown.

Jane intentionally hid the baby and although she didn't outright say where he was, she didn't tell them either. She did the one thing she knew would trigger him the most. She didn't deserve to die, Kenny didn't have to kill her, but she knew what she was doing and she knew how he would react. None of this had to happen, but she wanted to prove her point and in the end she was proven correct.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I forgot to post the stats for the last episode:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Y'know. With Kenny's hostile takeover of the plot, everything they set up with Christa just kind of vanishes into thin air. The pregnancy thing and the kid just vanish into thin air, which is weird given that a good chunk of the back half revolves around a baby, and the last one never came up once.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Michonne

Episode One - In Too Deep

The Walking Dead: Michonne is a short series set between issues 126 and 139 of the comic series, it also serves as a tie-in between the second and third seasons. I have never played this before and I'm interested in seeing how this plays out and how exactly it ties in with the third season of the game series. The break between the seasons shouldn't be too long as this is only three episodes long. But there is going to be a slight hiatus soon with uploads as my daughter will be coming down from Scotland on the 15th for 10 or 11 days so all my focus will be on spending time with her.

FoolyCharged posted:

Y'know. With Kenny's hostile takeover of the plot, everything they set up with Christa just kind of vanishes into thin air. The pregnancy thing and the kid just vanish into thin air, which is weird given that a good chunk of the back half revolves around a baby, and the last one never came up once.

Welcome to The Walking Dead!

Edit: I will be starting the third season after this mini-series is over. I don't want to spoil anything but I wouldn't count on any plot holes from this series being fixed at the start of the next one. If anything, we should expect more of them.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Oct 4, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this video, Michonne and Pete travel to the ferry, encounter some physics-defying zombies and then engage in a bit of spooky exploration.

The recent Telltale news is very disheartening. I was willing to give them another chance, hence why I started up this LP, but it seems like they're up to their old ways. I don't want to abandon this LP halfway through so I'll keep going on until the end. But it's going to be extremely unlikely that I will return to another Telltale game in the future.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

In this video, Michonne and Pete travel to the ferry, encounter some physics-defying zombies and then engage in a bit of spooky exploration.

The recent Telltale news is very disheartening. I was willing to give them another chance, hence why I started up this LP, but it seems like they're up to their old ways. I don't want to abandon this LP halfway through so I'll keep going on until the end. But it's going to be extremely unlikely that I will return to another Telltale game in the future.

Look, zombies magically gain density because things that don't breathe walking underwater is waaay sweeter than them just floating like the airy carcasses they are. That's just science.

Looks like our cast should have listened to professor oak.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I can't imagine a ragged, well-rotted corpse full of holes would have much in the way of buoyancy, but then I failed out of high school physics so :shrug:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Quite the opposite, actually. The process of decaying produces a lot of gas byproduct, lowering the bodies density substantially. Of course, the walking dead don't seem to be decaying much at all and are remarkably intact for how old they are. Nor do they seem to have the trademark smell or sound of a several day old decaying body because there is an approximately 0% chance that any of the survivors would have ever gotten surprised by them if that were the case.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I'm finding watching Michonne more engaging than Season 2 was so far.

Season 2 dragged at the end, and I'm not sure how many variations are possible but I'm feeling pretty done with Kenny by the end of it so will see how he's featured and characterised in Season 3 if we get there - the change of cast in between is definitely welcome.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

It could be the shift to playing a murder blender in the action scenes, whereas Lee and Clem ran more than rekilled. That's a pretty definitive change in pace

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Yeah the one person slashing through five zombies and knocking some heads off isn't really the sort of encounter you'd get previously - sets a different tone.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The third and final part of this episode. I apologise for the delay, it's the school holidays where I live and I've been spending time with my kid(s). Things should be back to the same sort of pace as before.

In this video, we get to make some new friends and they're excited to get to know us some more. I tried to stay as neutral as I could, I did think about trying to be deceptive but something tells me they know more about us than we know about them.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Episode Two - Give No Shelter

This episode is a direct follow-up from where the last episode ended. This episode is most likely going to be a three-parter as well due to the strictly linear storyline. The Wikipedia entry for this game seems to be showing incorrect information:

quote:

The three episode miniseries follows Michonne's journey after leaving Rick Grimes' trusted group in issue 126, and what brought her back to the group in issue 139.[4] It also serves as a tie-in between the existing The Walking Dead seasons developed by Telltale Games.

From what I've been reading elsewhere, this is a tie-in to the comic series and has absolutely no links to the main series. I know that the "choices matter" in the main game is tenuous most of the time. But many of the choices you do make do affect things in later episodes and series, even if it is only on the surface level.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I like how they try to make you feel sorry for boat town, as if it wasn't solely occupied by the sort of people who chain people up and leave them for the walkers and then ignore the fires in their homes to chase and pursue 2ith murderous intent.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is the second and final part of this episode. The first episode had six chapters but, for some reason, they dropped the number of chapters down to four for the second and third episodes. In this episode, the group need to find a way to save Sam's life and also be able to get a grip on this situation.

FoolyCharged posted:

I like how they try to make you feel sorry for boat town, as if it wasn't solely occupied by the sort of people who chain people up and leave them for the walkers and then ignore the fires in their homes to chase and pursue 2ith murderous intent.

How did they try to do that? It could have gone better than setting their whole community on fire accidentally but they don't seem like the nicest of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Between our buddy trying to give himself up to spare their lives and the long mournful shot of the carnage unleashed in the escape, it felt like they were trying to evoke at least a little.

I was kind of surprised by the radio call at the end. I'd been wondering how much she knew about what happened on the ferry. I guess she's as pyscho as her brother if she knew and is using it as a threat.