Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Lee and Kenny go to the river to get a boat. Because that's the plan, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I get that Kenny is trying not to think about events but pinning all your hopes on finding a boat this far after the apocalypse is just baffling, every single person would have rushed to the docks to grab a boat or anything that can float.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Judge Tesla posted:

I get that Kenny is trying not to think about events but pinning all your hopes on finding a boat this far after the apocalypse is just baffling, every single person would have rushed to the docks to grab a boat or anything that can float.

I just want to know what his plan is once we get a working boat. We have no food, no clothes, no bedding, no winter provisions, no fuel and no medicine. We don't even have a fishing rod. We also need a boat that will fit and sleep at least six people and the super yachts seem to be moored at the other dock.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

He talked himself back into it at the motel though so I'd imagine it's a thought process along the lines of 'it's constantly dangerous living on land now, a lot of people would have died right away so not everyone with a boat would have gotten to it, a bunch of desperate amateurs wouldn't know how to handle all the boats that are left, I know boats so if there's anything left in or by the water I can make it seaworthy, therefore just getting to a marina and getting out to sea is the safest thing to do.' As you said events have narrowed his vision quite a bit and so he's saying he's getting a boat now from the centre of the city rather than whatever the original timeframe might have been.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

namesake posted:

He talked himself back into it at the motel though so I'd imagine it's a thought process along the lines of 'it's constantly dangerous living on land now, a lot of people would have died right away so not everyone with a boat would have gotten to it, a bunch of desperate amateurs wouldn't know how to handle all the boats that are left, I know boats so if there's anything left in or by the water I can make it seaworthy, therefore just getting to a marina and getting out to sea is the safest thing to do.' As you said events have narrowed his vision quite a bit and so he's saying he's getting a boat now from the centre of the city rather than whatever the original timeframe might have been.

Doesn't Kenny work as a fisherman on a trawler? Surely he'd know that we'd need a sizeable boat so he should be more knowledgeable of where to find them. This isn't the only stretch of water and we can't be too far from the coast?

I would have thought that he would at least have suggest where he works to find one of these boats as they're designed to crew numerous people. He's acting like this is the only place where boats could possibly be yet Savannah is surrounded by several rivers and right on the coast of the Atlantic.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Doesn't Kenny work as a fisherman on a trawler? Surely he'd know that we'd need a sizeable boat so he should be more knowledgeable of where to find them. This isn't the only stretch of water and we can't be too far from the coast?

I would have thought that he would at least have suggest where he works to find one of these boats as they're designed to crew numerous people. He's acting like this is the only place where boats could possibly be yet Savannah is surrounded by several rivers and right on the coast of the Atlantic.

I'm pretty sure Kennys initial plan was to just get to the coast, it was the rapid escape from the motel and finding the train that meant they ended up in the centre of Savannah. If things played out differently or if he was thinking a bit clearer then yeah he'd probably be aiming for a larger boat from a more hidden place.

From a game point of view they've covered the horrors of rural living, they need to cover the urban collapse now anyway.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this video, Lee tries to find his way back to the house but ends up walking into a very surprising situation. Back at the house, the group find something shocking in the shed and the group decides to take drastic action as Omid's condition has started to deteriorate.

We also have another vote which will end in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/wby5AY5vwyA

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm not sure if I have mentioned it already but if people would prefer to cast their vote in the thread then you can do so. The only reason why I've made a poll is that I have a fair chunk of subscribers on Youtube who don't frequent the forums so I'm trying to be inclusive to everyone.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Eh, if he's septic there isn't much clem can do for him, and, as she points out, she's in danger anywhere we put her. Might as well bring her so that she can see for herself about her parents

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Even though the vote still has twelve hours to go it looks like Clem is coming with us. I'm going to do a test run tonight and I'll attempt a recording tomorrow. We're still a way off from the end of the episode but this one may end up a vote right before the credits as it's probably going to be the biggest one of the series so far.

FoolyCharged posted:

Eh, if he's septic there isn't much clem can do for him, and, as she points out, she's in danger anywhere we put her. Might as well bring her so that she can see for herself about her parents

But if we get caught in a place where children aren't allowed then she will be te first to be... disposed of. Let's hope that we don't get caught!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Well yeah, but given her performance in the train station, our new friend turning zombie and catching her by surprise would be equally lethal. Besides, given the towns rep I think everyone is getting executed if the raid gets caught

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The group decide to visit their neighbours in Crawford and have decided to bring Clementine along with them. It shouldn't be too hard to sneak through a heavily armed community who will kill us the moment they see us, right?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Oh hey, that literal triangle designation is a neat touch. It's a variation on tagging codes like first responders use after a natural disaster. When was the building searched, what dangers were present/is it safe to enter, how many people you rescued or recovered. It's not really ominous, just a sign that they had an organized search process and a way to keep track of what they'd searched.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'd take my chances with the zombies than live in a community of survive at all costs people, at least you know what's what with them, no hidden motives, agendas or rules.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

All three groups succeed in their missions, although one of them needs a little help from Lee. All is going well but something always happens that has to spoil the good times...

This vote is going to be very significant, I can't say much without spoiling anything but in the interest of saving time but it will also affect a future decision. Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/NMnQ5R4EYn6

FoolyCharged posted:

Oh hey, that literal triangle designation is a neat touch. It's a variation on tagging codes like first responders use after a natural disaster. When was the building searched, what dangers were present/is it safe to enter, how many people you rescued or recovered. It's not really ominous, just a sign that they had an organized search process and a way to keep track of what they'd searched.

I get that now and I appreciate how organised they are. But it does show how many survivors they could have rescued but didn't because of their code.

Judge Tesla posted:

I'd take my chances with the zombies than live in a community of survive at all costs people, at least you know what's what with them, no hidden motives, agendas or rules.

I agree. I would like to know how they'd think that they'd survive and continue on without children.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

We back Clementine up on this one.

Everyone keeps talking about him like he's a monster traitor, but the bandits literally extorted the group at gunpoint through him. It's not like they wouldn't have attacked if he said no. His biggest sin was not telling anyone about it. And yeah, sure, he's a dumbass kid that's a coward and a liability, but he's shown some growth in telling people about it and helping out more actively. And we've just spent how much time dragging Crawford for ditching liabilities to the zombies?

Technomancer
May 7, 2007
For all your technomagical needs
As much as Ben is a stupid dumb rear end, abandoning him would make us no better than the Crawford people. So let's keep him... for now.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I also think we should support Ben for Clementine's sake. And, frankly, for no other reason. Ben's got a higher bodycount than Lilly and we don't regret getting rid of her, do we?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

ArchWizard posted:

Ben's got a higher bodycount than Lilly and we don't regret getting rid of her, do we?

Thing is, you really can't have people like Ben hanging around in an apocalypse scenario where one mistake can lead to others dying, Ben might regret his actions and Clementine might like him but his constant gently caress ups are gonna result in her death.

Sorry buddy but you gone.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

There's one more day of voting and unless something drastic happens it looks like Ben is staying with us. I'm staying out of this discussion for now but I'll give my thoughts when the vote is over.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Voting ended this morning and Ben will be staying with us. I'm going to try to record the next update tomorrow, it's going to be a fairly short one as we are close to the end of this episode. There will be a vote at the end of it even though it's going to be right on the cusp of the credits rolling as it's going to be another significant one.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This video is fairly short but there's a lot that's packed into these fifteen minutes. I was going to make a joke at the end but decided against it when the moment hit.

Even though the credits are about to roll I decided to finish the episode on one last vote. As much as I'd like to think that I know which way things go, this isn't a decision that's up to me and I could easily be proven wrong. Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/ajnEO8Wp9ZW

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I know it's a bad trope of the TV show that zombies just show out of nowhere, but what the gently caress was that bell poo poo? Somehow walking up the stairs and looking out the window, we do not see this zombie, who by the way is tied to the HAMMER, not the rope that rings the bell properly. And somehow this zombie has the leverage to start ringing the bell, despite directly weighting down the hammer?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Marluxia posted:

I know it's a bad trope of the TV show that zombies just show out of nowhere, but what the gently caress was that bell poo poo? Somehow walking up the stairs and looking out the window, we do not see this zombie, who by the way is tied to the HAMMER, not the rope that rings the bell properly. And somehow this zombie has the leverage to start ringing the bell, despite directly weighting down the hammer?

There was a lot of bullshit happening in this episode. I had to restart the recording because of teleporting zombies during the section where Lee's leg is trapped.

That zombie on the bell wasn't exactly hiding away and we definitely didn't see it on the way up. How it was able to start gaining the momentum to swing a massive bell is beyond me. The only way that could happen if the bell was on some sort of automated system and it somehow switched on at that moment.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I like that the zombie on the bell was the former leader of Crawford, I assume he hanged himself after seeing his community predictably fall to pieces.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

I like that the zombie on the bell was the former leader of Crawford, I assume he hanged himself after seeing his community predictably fall to pieces.

To be honest, I didn't even notice that. I wonder whether he hung himself or if he was lynched.

From the way that the voting is going, we won't be keeping the bite a secret. I thought that this may have been the case but I wanted to give everyone a choice in the matter. I think that I'm coming down with a cold but I'll still record an update tomorrow as it really won't be a long one.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is the final video of this episode and it's slightly longer than I originally thought it would be. Lee asks the group to help him find Clem, but the decision for them to join Lee is dependent on how much they like him. The first port of call is a trip to visit Vernon to find out just what the hell?!? I'm not going to comment on any of this right now as I want to leave it as a surprise. The recorded content is only about five and a half minutes long, the rest of the video is the stats and credits.

There are two sets of stats this time, I'll spoiler them both for now. The first stats are the usual ones that we have seen before regarding the choices that we made throughout the episode:

The second image involves the global stats of who decided to help Lee:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Wow Kenny:
I knew you were a bit of a dick, but that was a surprise, but even so, this takes the cake. Do you have to actively side with this guy every time for him to come?

I also had a big laugh at:
"Pick your next words very carefully."

*Player picks next words*

lol, jk. see you next episode

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

Wow Kenny:
I knew you were a bit of a dick, but that was a surprise, but even so, this takes the cake. Do you have to actively side with this guy every time for him to come?

I also had a big laugh at:
"Pick your next words very carefully."

*Player picks next words*

lol, jk. see you next episode

Kenny is a little bit broken. We have been down the middle in some instances and on the opposite side once or twice. But we have helped him more often than not and he still thinks that we have frequently stabbed him in the back.

At least he's letting us on the boat, if you side against him continually he will hate our guts.

I'm still trying to work out the problem. Early on in the pharmacy where we stayed rational and in the middle he accused us of trying to throw Duck out. When it came to keeping our promise of finding Clems parents he accused of making GBS threads all over his plans. When it came time to get help for Omid instead of leaving him to die he accused us yet again of derailing his visions of escape. From what I remember, the decisions made have been for the good of the group and we haven't done anything to actively spite him.

When I played this back in the day I thought of him as the good guy which stemmed from the power dynamic early on. Now I'm going into this again after so long I've come to the conclusion that Kenny is just a dick!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Episode Five - No Time Left

The last update was only a couple of days ago but it was a very short one as half of the video was the stats and credits. This one is also very short as we have another important to make shortly after the recap.

Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/XOgONk093n3

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm still trying to work out the problem. Early on in the pharmacy where we stayed rational and in the middle he accused us of trying to throw Duck out. When it came to keeping our promise of finding Clems parents he accused of making GBS threads all over his plans. When it came time to get help for Omid instead of leaving him to die he accused us yet again of derailing his visions of escape. From what I remember, the decisions made have been for the good of the group and we haven't done anything to actively spite him.

You have to be a 100% Kenny Yes-Man in every single decision for him to like you, that's basically it, Lee cannot sit in the middle on any choice, he must side with Kenny above all else.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Judge Tesla posted:

You have to be a 100% Kenny Yes-Man in every single decision for him to like you, that's basically it, Lee cannot sit in the middle on any choice, he must side with Kenny above all else.

In other words

Kenny is just a dick!

It's kind of funny how reasonable he looks compared to the people he was in conflict with, and then once they're gone you start looking back and going "oooooh. No, he's a dick too."

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Hmmm. On one hand Ben should really be pointing out this strategy didn't work so hot when we tried it.

On the other hand just kidding. There's only going to be one hand. :yarr:
Can Lee get a hook after this? He should totally get a hook.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Judge Tesla posted:

This can't be true, the stats shows the possible teams that can come with Lee, and it shows that you can have teams including Ben and Kenny, and I would assume Ben comes with us if we save him and vote for him....? Please don't tell me Ben is so weak willed he'll come with us anyway even if we vote him off the boat?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Above all else Ben has no spine, make of that what you will.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Ben does have a spine. He will choose to stay behind if we vote him out of the boat and\or if we've been an rear end in a top hat to him throughout the game.

It also turns out that there are three deciding factors with Kenny helping us and one of the points that I've mentioned fairly often throughout this playthrough is one of the reasons why he's been pissed off with us throughout the game. Saving Duck on the farm is the first one, which is pretty obvious, and the third one is siding with Kenny in the meat locker, if you've done the first two then if you don't side with him in the meat locker then he lets it slide if we've been continually nice to Duck. The second one is where I failed as we must side with Kenny in the pharmacy and we've seen it thrown in our faces a few times throughout this series.

Omid and Christa would have said no if our relationship with them was poor and we had tried to hide the bite and then lied about it when asked a second time. If we did the same while our relationship was good with them then they'd decide to help us anyway.

It looks like Lee will be getting the nickname "Stumpy" very soon.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

There are less than twelve hours to go and the vote is very close. If it ends on a draw, I'll stay silent during the playthrough.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

:siren: GORE WARNING! :siren:

It feels a little silly giving a gore warning despite what we've seen so far, but the first couple of minutes do contain Lee having his arm removed by an amateur surgeon. There is a slight lull in the action in this video, but it doesn't last for very long as we've lost the paddle on our journey down poo poo creek and it's not long until we hit the rapids.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Okay, I'm only 10 seconds into the video, and that was the best use of the "we set a decision flag" text so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

There's a lot to unpack in this video. There's a lot of healthy dialogue within the group as they take the time to stop and process some of what they've been through so far. Even though the group are trapped in the attic things start to feel more positive and they even manage to work out an exit plan, things are starting to look up!

FoolyCharged posted:

Okay, I'm only 10 seconds into the video, and that was the best use of the "we set a decision flag" text so far

Thank you, I do try! :wotwot: