Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Blood circulates the body about once every 20-60 seconds depending on conditions. It's part of why IV meds are the gold standard for route. So uh, if the bite got zombie bacteria into his bloodstream cutting off the hand wouldn't do much. And given that a lethal dose seems to be any dose...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
The next video is going to be the final one of this episode and it's going to be a fairly lengthy one. I'm most likely going to record it tomorrow but I'll save uploading it until Saturday.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

I know that I said that I was going to wait until tomorrow to post this but I'm not one for sitting on a recording. This is the final episode of the first season, there will be DLC to follow but it will be unrelated to what we have seen so far. Even though this video is over forty minutes my commentary is extremely sparse, there's not really much that I can say really. If anything, I felt like I couldn't contribute anything meaningful to what was happening and saying anything at all would have been detrimental.

There are about 35 minutes of gameplay followed by stats and credits, there's also a scene at the end that starts around 41:40.

I'm not going to say anything about this video right now, I want you all to experience it for yourselves without anything being spoilt.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Huh, that was not where I expected the Zombie ignoring Lee to go.

Pretty good finale even if the ending was a freaking cliffhanger because heaven forbid they let the story end cleanly after wrapping everything up.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

400 Days

400 Days is a DLC "special episode" for the first season of The Walking Dead that runs concurrently alongside the timeline of it. It follows the stories of five different characters who aren't part of the first season but may potentially be part of the second season. If you play the DLC "correctly" then each character will appear in some way in the second season. I could play this "correctly" and make this happen but I'm keeping the voting system going, it's more fun this way!

We can play each character's story in any order that we want to and they each only take about 15-20 minutes to play through. I'm just going to play through them from left to right so the first character we get to experience is Vince and this video ends with a vote. Feel free to cast your vote in this thread or on the straw poll link, they'll all be counted.

Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/eNg69p9YWnA

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I might wait until the end of the playthrough to reveal the "correct" responses. You'll probably be able to figure it out any way from how it ultimately plays out.

There is one response we can override even if it is the wrong one.l, but I'll let you all decide what we do in that situation.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

You know, I can absolutely believe none of these three thought of shooting the cuff on one of the empty rows in front of them instead.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

One more day of voting and it seems like Danny is going to be the one to make the heroic sacrifice.

FoolyCharged posted:

You know, I can absolutely believe none of these three thought of shooting the cuff on one of the empty rows in front of them instead.

The cuffs start with Danny and end with Justin.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is another short video and we also have another vote. This video starts out with the conclusion of Vince's chapter, which doesn't take long, and the beginning of Wyatt's chapter.

Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/eJnvv49qanv

I know the quote in the poll is wrong but it's one of those Mandela effects now.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

There's one more day of voting left to go. The more popular vote so far is with turning Wyatt's fate into random chance.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It looks like Wyatt's fate is currently unknown. I'm not going to be able to record an update tonight as I'm going to need to do a practice run on what happens when he wins and another one on what happens when he loses. I'm going to try to have the next update up tomorrow.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Wyatt's fate is now sealed and now we get to play out another short story. I originally said that I was going to play through each one starting from the left and moving to the right. But after noticing that each storyline happens at a specific point after the outbreak I've decided to play them from the earliest to the latest in the timeline of events. In this video, we get to meet Russell and we get to see his story played out almost in full as there is another choice to be made before it ends.

Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/BDyNEBWewZR

I've only just found out one piece of interesting information involving a character that we haven't seen in a while. I'll spoiler it as it involves something that happens in this update: The walker that Nate stops the car for and makes you rate is actually Carley. If you had saved Doug then it would have been him instead, but obviously with a different dialogue attached to his encounter.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 07:43 on May 30, 2023

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

This links to episode 2, not 3.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Well sure mister we'd love to just leave unfortunately, some dimwit disabled half the tires on our vehicle so it's going nowhere.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

This links to episode 2, not 3.

Whoops, sorry about that. Here's the correct link:

I'll amend the voting time shortly.

Edit: Bad phone editing.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 30, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

Well sure mister we'd love to just leave unfortunately, some dimwit disabled half the tires on our vehicle so it's going nowhere.

I think that in this scenario Russell will just carry on with hiking to his original intended destination.

I've replaced all the links with the correct ones. Thank you ArchWizard for informing me of the issue. I managed to mess up the editing several times while trying to do it on my phone and I apologise to anyone who was around who witnessed the mess. I've also pushed back the voting time by about 7 hours too.

I had to wing the ending of Wyatt's story as that was the first time that I was able to beat Eddie at Rock, Paper, Scissors. I didn't manage to do it when I played this years ago and it didn't happen during any of my test runs. It was a complete surprise to me when it happened during the recording. It's taken me three attempts tonight to get my practice run save slot up to speed as I failed the first two times.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I think that in this scenario Russell will just carry on with hiking to his original intended destination.

I've replaced all the links with the correct ones. Thank you ArchWizard for informing me of the issue. I managed to mess up the editing several times while trying to do it on my phone and I apologise to anyone who was around who witnessed the mess. I've also pushed back the voting time by about 7 hours too.

I had to wing the ending of Wyatt's story as that was the first time that I was able to beat Eddie at Rock, Paper, Scissors. I didn't manage to do it when I played this years ago and it didn't happen during any of my test runs. It was a complete surprise to me when it happened during the recording. It's taken me three attempts tonight to get my practice run save slot up to speed as I failed the first two times.

nah, I was referring to the old guy telling them to "just go" or something to that effect immediately after having crippled their ability to do so.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this video, we say our peace to Nate and then we meet Bonnie and find out a little bit about her. I'm not sure if this one is really a tough decision to make but it's still classed as one.

Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/e6Z28vjXMnN

I also made a mistake in the last update. Carley was the zombie lying in the road at the start of Russell's story, not the zombie who attacked the car.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

That was the lowest turn out for a vote so far, although I can probably understand why.

I'm about to start a practice run for the last candidate, I will try to have the next update up tomorrow night if I have the time.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I must apologise as I've messed this vote up royally. The decision that needs to be made happens a short time later and with another character. I could do another vote but that would mean a two-minute update followed by another vote or I could make a judgement call based on how the decisions went throughout the first season. The other option is to put a somewhat vague question in spoiler tags for people to decide on:

Do we tell the truth about what happened or lie about it?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Tell the truth. This guy's such a creep I don't think it'll go well either way, might as well be honest.

Looks like I didn't miss the vote after all.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

Tell the truth. This guy's such a creep I don't think it'll go well either way, might as well be honest.

Looks like I didn't miss the vote after all.

I read "Tell the truth or lie to x" and for some reason during gameplay I thought that particular time was confession time.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This video is the end of Bonnie's story and the beginning of Shel's. Not only do we get to meet even more new people, we also see some familiar faces in this one as well. One of them looks very dubious but I could be wrong as they could just be reusing a character model. I did say that I would attempt to post an update last night but I had a bad day at work and just wanted to crash when I got home. This one does end in a vote and this is going to be the last one of this DLC special episode.

Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/eJnvv4lK4nv

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

There's one more day of voting and the vote so far is to keep the guy alive. The next update will be the final one of this season.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It turns out that I was wrong, there is another tough decision to make. I could power through to the end based on the results of this vote or I could do a separate one for this decision.

Edit: I've played through until the end based on making a decision from this vote and a couple of the reactions at the end were quite surprising.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jun 9, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Based on the votes cast so far and the average amount of voters that we get for each one I made the decision to record the final update. If there is a surge of votes to kill the guy overnight then I will re-record it but I felt like it was safe to make record the way I have done so already.

The reason why I've done it now as that I will have absolutely no time in the morning because I've got my youngest with me overnight and as soon as I drop her off I'll be heading straight to work. I'm bussing to and from work at the moment and have been for the past couple of months, which takes me about an hour. So there's no guarantee I'll have the time or energy to record something when I get home. If there is a surge of votes then I'll just record a different video Sunday morning.

I decided to talk over the stats at the end of the video for the first time to explain some things, but I will go into more detail in the update post tomorrow. I'm prepping things now to save some time tomorrow night.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is the final part of 400 Days and the final video of this season. This video continues on with Shel's story, which is a two-parter and contains another tough decision to make. I posted above that I was considering powering through and I decided to make a decision based on previous votes in this storyline and in others. The end of Shel's storyline isn't the complete end though, we find out who is taking the photos down from the noticeboard and their intentions behind it. I will post the stats below along with another screenshot of who we will be encountering in the next season. I'll post them behind spoiler tags along with a brief summary.

I'm very surprised by this outcome as there aren't any guarantees one way or another that someone will agree or refuse to join Tavia. From what I've read, the decisions that you make only raise or lower those odds. Bonnie is the only exception in all of this as she will leave with Tavia no matter what.

There were a few surprises at the end though. It seems like luck was in our favour as Vince has higher odds of joining if you shot Justin's leg instead of Danny's. Luck was definitely in our favour with Wyatt, staying in the car raises his odds signficantly and the vote was to risk that in a game of chance instead of insisting that he stay in the car. The only way for Wyatt to leave the car is to lose the game and that's almost a guaranteed refusal. There is a way to "cheat" at RPS as you can throw the game by abstaining a couple of times which annoys Eddie into leaving.

Russell was fairly straightforward, be the good guy and don't let Nate be a bad influence. Like Vince and Wyatt, this was also another surprise as I wasn't expecting Russell to be so resistant with Tavia and I really thought that he was going to refuse. It seems like mentioning that the group could find friends or family was what swung it in the end for him.

As mentioned above, Bonnie joins Tavia no matter what choices you made in her storyline. Leaving in the RV raises the odds of Shel and Becca joining, but if you opted to kill Steph then you can swing the decision by convincing Becca that there are people of all ages at the camp. Thankfully, I didn't need to as if I went down that route then we probably would have lost Russell.

Even if you do make the "optimal" choices it seems like the game does still try to throw a couple of curveballs at you to keep you on your toes.

Thank you everyone, for being a part of this LP so far in any capacity. It's been interesting seeing the results of each vote as they're pretty much the same choices that I'd make. I'll be starting Season Two at some point next week if all goes well.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: The Walking Dead: Season Two

Welcome to the start of the new season! It starts off far away from Savanna and several months after the events of the first season. We even start out with a vote at the end of this video so that's a sign that things are going well!

Voting ends in 72 hours: https://strawpoll.com/polls/X3nk4RlYEgE

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

One more day of voting and it seems like Clem is going to make an attempt to save Christa. If I don't have the time to record an update by the end of tomorrow I'll definitely have another update up over the weekend.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Amusing but sadly predictable that Omid got shelved, this is the Walking Dead baby and we must drop bridges onto characters for no reason than forced drama.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yeah, that was kind of tiresome.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

He'll, given that there's no sign of a baby after the time skip it looks like they really committed and murked Omid twice.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I do want to say something about the opening of this episode but it's not over yet and I don't want to spoil anything.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've just completed a test run for the next update and I will have a couple of things to say when I record the video. We saw enough forced drama in the first series and that's not going to change any time soon, this series thrives upon forcing choices upon you. There's a lot that I had forgotten about this series and playing through the next segment brought some things screaming back. The writing and storylines remain solid enough but we now have to deal with some "new" mechanics. I've used quotation marks because they're new to this series but they've been used in previous and other games. I'll go into more details in the next update, but I will say now that I'm not a big fan of it.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 16, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this video, Clem attempts to help Christa, then she makes a new best friend and then the beans get jeopardized. This vote is a fun one! https://strawpoll.com/polls/3RnYlBjozye (72 hours etc...)

I was hoping to have something up earlier but the council decided that they were going to mow the grass verges on my street right in the middle of my first attempt at recording this. It took an hour before they had a break for about half an hour, I managed to record this video and then soon after they started things back up again.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

At this point the LP's getting ahead of where I played - I think I stopped at the 400 days content, definitely don't remember the last scene here :(

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

VodeAndreas posted:

At this point the LP's getting ahead of where I played - I think I stopped at the 400 days content, definitely don't remember the last scene here :(

Food aggression can turn even the tamest of dogs into snarling beasts, let alone a half feral dog.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

There's one more day of voting and it's unanimous that we should put the dog out of its misery. I think that this is the right decision, the poor thing must have been starving when we found it.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

This vote doesn't seem fun to me :doggo:

Honestly, I don't know why anyone wouldn't put the dog out of its misery. Maybe if you were doing a gimmick run where Clem never chooses to kill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Clementine is already lost and alone in the middle of a vast forest, now she is injured and exhausted. There is no vote at the end of this update, there's a lot going on in this video and we're in the middle of it right now.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 21, 2023