Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I often wonder what I'd do if I'd ended up in a zombie apocalypse like the one here and as much as I'd say that I'd be a badass zombie killer, no I'd probably die within the first few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

There's a far more brutal option where you can half chop the guy's leg off then leave him to the zombies if you take too long, it's the real psycho option.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I do find it amusing that Ben is beating Lilly despite only being in the game for fifteen minutes.
I find it best to be nice to newcomers in an apocalyptic scenario, you don't know how many people are left after all.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Something I appreciate is just how hard it is to kill a single zombie, like these people aren't hardened badasses or have a load of guns laying around but they are just frightened civilians with whatever they can find on hand.

Double that with the knowledge that one bite is curtains for you.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

That's the thing when society melts, nobody is coming to restock the shops and all perishable food will have rotted, I can easily imagine the accessible shops have been beyond picked clean.

I certainly wouldn't want to go scratching around shops when a mob of zombies could appear at any time.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I can't quite remember what is in there at this point in time but the St Johns did mention that they own a cow which is currently unwell.

I'm just thinking about how amazingly lucky you'd be to have an actual living cow like 3-4 months into the apocalypse, I know its a dairy farm and all but with no vets and zombies prowlng around that is some luck indeed.

It isn't just people that get chomped on but anything with a pulse.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've played a lot of season 1 and 2, too much you might say, so any runs I do now is just seeing how weird and crazy I can make Lee.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

Not gonna lie though, I was expecting Zombie dead husband they couldn't bear to put down, not "no! It's people!"

The Walking Dead TV show spent much of season 2 building up to the first one and later seasons have the standard cannibal camps causing trouble.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Honestly the St John's farm was gonna fall sooner or later what with the woods full of bandits and zombies, I'm not sorry to see them go even with their bullshit justifications for cannibalism.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've never actually helped the survivor you meet in what's left of Macon, sure it'd be the humane thing to do but like, there's zombies everywhere and the noise would just send the horde after you.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Nope, she's out, gone, goodbye, seeya, don't come back.

Honestly, the Macon camp lasted a hell of a lot longer than the various places in the early Walking Dead TV series, Rick and his group could barely relax before a horde swept into town and started killing people.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

It must be galling knowing that a single bite or bad scratch from the zombies and it's game over for you, I'd honestly wear a shark suit or something if I were in that situation.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I also voted Katjaa since I reasoned its not Lee's place to do it and something that should be done by a parent and she seems more stable than Kenny.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Without any background noise that train would be the loudest thing in the world, I'm not surprised that a mega horde is approaching at all.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm surprised that a horde that size was able to creep up to them that closely without anyone noticing. It wasn't foggy and the track was straight so you should be able to see a mile or two either way, the only way I can think that this happened is that they emerged nearby from the woods onto the track and were attracted by the noise.

You won't like this explanation but its a trope from the TV show, most encounters have the group ambushed by zombies that materialised out of thin air while also being completely silent until they make contact.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I get that Kenny is trying not to think about events but pinning all your hopes on finding a boat this far after the apocalypse is just baffling, every single person would have rushed to the docks to grab a boat or anything that can float.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'd take my chances with the zombies than live in a community of survive at all costs people, at least you know what's what with them, no hidden motives, agendas or rules.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

ArchWizard posted:

Ben's got a higher bodycount than Lilly and we don't regret getting rid of her, do we?

Thing is, you really can't have people like Ben hanging around in an apocalypse scenario where one mistake can lead to others dying, Ben might regret his actions and Clementine might like him but his constant gently caress ups are gonna result in her death.

Sorry buddy but you gone.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I like that the zombie on the bell was the former leader of Crawford, I assume he hanged himself after seeing his community predictably fall to pieces.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm still trying to work out the problem. Early on in the pharmacy where we stayed rational and in the middle he accused us of trying to throw Duck out. When it came to keeping our promise of finding Clems parents he accused of making GBS threads all over his plans. When it came time to get help for Omid instead of leaving him to die he accused us yet again of derailing his visions of escape. From what I remember, the decisions made have been for the good of the group and we haven't done anything to actively spite him.

You have to be a 100% Kenny Yes-Man in every single decision for him to like you, that's basically it, Lee cannot sit in the middle on any choice, he must side with Kenny above all else.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Above all else Ben has no spine, make of that what you will.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Amusing but sadly predictable that Omid got shelved, this is the Walking Dead baby and we must drop bridges onto characters for no reason than forced drama.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

VodeAndreas posted:

At this point the LP's getting ahead of where I played - I think I stopped at the 400 days content, definitely don't remember the last scene here :(

Food aggression can turn even the tamest of dogs into snarling beasts, let alone a half feral dog.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I remember the old Walking Dead thread referering to this section as The Clementine Torture Show and yeah it very much is, I still do like the sequence but like, it's pretty rough to watch.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

More people than I thought who left the dog to die slowly, that's surprising.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

ArchWizard posted:

Clem, you suck. You had one job and it was to not open the door for anyone. And what did you do? You opened the door for someone. And now everybody's hosed.

Being real here, she was never going to keep him out because she, as much as the game says otherwise, is a young teen and he was a grown man who already seemed to have knowledge of the place.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Well, well, well, if it isn't Kenny, I don't have a lot (yet) to say about him but I'll be kind for now and say, it is good to see SOMEONE from the first series in a good position.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I just find it funny that you get judged for wanting to talk more with the guy you know and havent seen in almost two years over the group you've just met who locked you in a shed a couple of days ago.

This is my primary issue with the walking dead games from S2 onwards, the game acts like Clementine is an adult and not a perpetually overwhelmed young teenager, I'm not saying to baby her or anything, Charles back in S1 pointed out the problem with that but having grown rear end adults throw a fit if the teenager doesn't do what they want is stupid.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I can't believe I didn't make the connection sooner but Carver is just the game's take on The Govenor from the tv show/comic, both rule small townships through fear and manipulation and have very nasty tempers.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Gonna be really honest, I hate Kenny in S2, I wasn't fond of his extreme "with me or against me" stance in S1 but here it's just "oh boy how's Kenny gonna gently caress everything up this time."

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Cold blooded brutal beatdowns, that's the walking dead I know!

Seriously the TV show loved to do this, especially when Negan arrived.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

It rarely ends well walking into a mega zombie horde, this was one of the earliest TV show episodes as well, it didn't end in complete chaos but Rick and the others had to run for their lives once the zombies detected them after it started raining.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I tell you, it's just a one way train to depression town, I wish zombie media wouldn't always do this but gotta have that drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

"Kenny gets angry and..." might as well be this seasons subtitle post episode 2.