Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If it doesn't matter whether you buy the Hogwarts game because Rowling is a billionaire either way, does it also mean that it doesn't matter if you use Twitter because it's going to go bankrupt from the annual $1.5 billion interest payments either way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i will seed the shizard game for a month whenever it gets cracked. which probably wont be for a year.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

widespread posted:

Man this goblin portion sounds so intense, even the NPCs are talking about it

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

InventorOfTrees posted:

Twitter is owned by a billionaire transphobe that gets money just by you looking at his website.

it is in fact possible for Wizard Game and Bird Website to both be bad.

I don’t have to spend a single cent or even participate in the platform to get everything I want out of Twitter, and it’s dying.

Yes, they’re both bad, but saying they’re the same is moving the goalposts to a point where they have no business being.

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:
People loving know about the Rowling stuff. Everyone knows. I am telling you, if people say they don't know, they do. Everyone knows.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/12/j-k-rowling-says-90-fans-agree-transphobia-theyre-afraid-say-publicly/

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
You should use Twitter actually, to help overload it and bring it down to its final death because everyone who could fix it was fired for not sucking off Elon

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:
Most people buying the game aren't technically adult HP fans, because the books came out when they were kids. They're just nostalgia brained.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Real talk for a moment -

A vast majority of people are very offline and have no clue about JK Rowling and her transphobia and poo poo like that. They just want to play wizard game that makes them think of being a kid. The only crime they're committing is playing a fairly mid game about a lame fantasy series. But regardless, these people don't deserve to be harassed. Sure, you could say stuff "You know Rowling is a transphobe" or something along those lines, but these people are so disconnected from all the major events of the world.

Then there are the people who say stuff like "Yeah, I know about JK Rowling's transphobia but...." and that "but..." could be like "no ethical consumption" or "me not buying won't make a difference" or "I just want to play wizard game." These people deserve ridicule. :colbert:

There is a direct correlation between how online someone is and how much they deserve to be shamed and ridiculed.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Updog Scully posted:

People loving know about the Rowling stuff. Everyone knows. I am telling you, if people say they don't know, they do. Everyone knows.

You're either joking or seriously misunderstand the level of ignorance some people live in

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Lady Radia posted:

if u havent watched and consumed Witch from Mercury then quite frankly that is a self-own

It’s good?

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

In a zoom call a trans person told me that my Hufflepuff mug that I got for christmas 23 years ago was making them uncomfortable, so I guess I'll rent this game from the library? I'm not sure how it works anymore.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tabletops posted:

i will seed the shizard game for a month whenever it gets cracked. which probably wont be for a year.

Wizard getting slizzard

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Updog Scully posted:

Most people buying the game aren't technically adult HP fans, because the books came out when they were kids. They're just nostalgia brained.

What do words mean to you? Just whatever?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

IMagine if this game was actually good instead of serviceable yet bland AAAIDS crap....I'd probably be playing it haha. Just kidding. Or am I?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

First of May posted:

In a zoom call a trans person told me that my Hufflepuff mug that I got for christmas 23 years ago was making them uncomfortable, so I guess I'll rent this game from the library? I'm not sure how it works anymore.

Be nice and respectful to people you meet in real life/video calls.
Post with joy in your heart.

The rest is commentary.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Got expelled from Hogwarts for magicking my farts back into my rear end in a top hat so I could rip rear end repeatedly without pause

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
When Wizards vanish away their poop, are they just making it invisible? Or are they actually disintegrating it?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mordiceius posted:

When Wizards vanish away their poop, are they just making it invisible? Or are they actually disintegrating it?

It's transferred directly into J.K. Rowling's braincase.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

where do you think the mass comes from when you transform a teacup into an elephant

it's all wizard poop

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

doingitwrong posted:

It’s good?

yes

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

doingitwrong posted:

Be nice and respectful to people you meet in real life/video calls.
Post with joy in your heart.

The rest is commentary.

My 65 year old father wishlisted this game on Steam, and I was like, is this like the time grandma said something racist at thanksgiving?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hitler only plays indie games

wrong, he plays fifa and has a 4 viewer twitch watercolor art stream

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Genuinely good or, like, “it starts slow but once you’ve committed yourself to a dozen hours of TV you’ll have Stockholm Syndromed yourself into liking it?”

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Herstory Begins Now posted:

wrong, he plays fifa and has a 4 viewer twitch watercolor art stream

P sure he plays Mordhau and Escape from Tarkov since the user base from both is for sure receiving indoctrination from somewhere

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

The heck are you playing on to get that small a res.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

widespread posted:

The heck are you playing on to get that small a res.

GBC is 160x144.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

idk its not my picture, that's probably native GBC resolution though

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

P sure he plays Mordhau and Escape from Tarkov since the user base from both is for sure receiving indoctrination from somewhere

nah too much of a quitter to stick it out past the learning curve of either of those

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Bioshuffle posted:

But seriously, are there plans to stop the derail and make the game thread about the actual game?

With millions of copies being sold already, I know I can't be the only goon who wants to leave politics behind and just talk about the actual game at some point.
No. SA is now dominated by a small subset of severely mentally ill people who are terminally online. They will shriek and spam until their echo chamber is fully formed and safe.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Flavahbeast posted:

idk its not my picture, that's probably native GBC resolution though

Oh. Probably yoinked from GameFAQs.

Still, we're in tyool 2023 and I think goon eyes like larger things.

I say as I windmill slam three separate wizardy games into my Steam Library.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Bum the Sad posted:

No. SA is now dominated by a small subset of severely mentally ill people who are terminally online. They will shriek and spam until their echo chamber is fully formed and safe.

you're not supposed to say the quiet part out loud

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

well the first episode made me very aware of my mild upper back pain

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

InventorOfTrees posted:

you're not supposed to say the quiet part out loud

gently caress

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Herstory Begins Now posted:

nah too much of a quitter to stick it out past the learning curve of either of those

He just gets owned and never learns from his mistakes and screams slurs but keeps playing because he has no concept of fun

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Ibram Gaunt posted:

IMagine if this game was actually good instead of serviceable yet bland AAAIDS crap....I'd probably be playing it haha. Just kidding. Or am I?

Imagine if this game was an anime fighter, Dobby throwing out key blasts and poo poo :D

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Buschmaki posted:

Imagine if this game was an anime fighter, Dobby throwing out key blasts and poo poo :D

drat

.... bout to boot up Kakarot. Or maybe Xenoverse 2

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Those aren't anime fighters (TM), those are 3D fighters about an anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Buschmaki posted:

That would be epic.