Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i asked a guy on my billiards league what he thought about this and he called me a gay slur and asked me why i care about what a british sissy does (he thought jk rowling was a guy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So are we getting My Immortal DLC or not? This is a serious question.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Let's gas this bad boy.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Let's gas this bad boy.

she's still got life in her yet

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
genuinely awful thread, no redeeming qualities

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

doingitwrong posted:

Genuinely good or, like, “it starts slow but once you’ve committed yourself to a dozen hours of TV you’ll have Stockholm Syndromed yourself into liking it?”

genuinely good, it starts strong and just goes.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Tabletops posted:

genuinely good, it starts strong and just goes.

much like my posting

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Let's gas this bad boy.

No more dopes getting really mad for little reason, I agree

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
:gas:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am mad as hell.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I got a decent game recommendation out of this thread so it can get gassed now tia

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Anyway the epic GBS guys found the thread so gas and ban the topic for good.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FrostyPox posted:

I got a decent game recommendation out of this thread so it can get gassed now tia

That's right, everybody should play the original XCOM: UFO Defense (1993) which is trivial to play on a modern machine thanks to the openXcom project.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I got two good recommendations out of this thread so please do not gas it so I can get more tia

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Epic High Five posted:

That's right, everybody should play the original XCOM: UFO Defense (1993) which is trivial to play on a modern machine thanks to the openXcom project.

It's also really harsher on the hit rolls, isn't it? Like moreso than XCOM: EU rolls?

I also tried it once. Maybe after some menu learning I'll try again.

FrostyPox posted:

I got two good recommendations out of this thread so please do not gas it so I can get more tia

Apparently these are good?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Buschmaki posted:

Those aren't anime fighters (TM), those are 3D fighters about an anime

I decided they're the same thing. I manifested that

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

widespread posted:

It's also really harsher on the hit rolls, isn't it? Like moreso than XCOM: EU rolls?

I have no idea. Living or dying is something for the rookies dual wielding high explosive to worry about. Nobody in the whole world cares how many people get killed in my pursuit of killing just enough aliens to keep my international arms dealing going.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Buschmaki posted:

I dont think in any capacity

Pretty obvious.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

widespread posted:

It's more brutal because projectiles are actually modeled and areas turn into hosed up shitholes with smoke everywhere that you can't see thru as the environment explodes, the line of sight is also more punished and learning the value of every actions TU cost is p much essential to plan anything

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I mean, I'm not gonna buy this game or play it. And that's partly because J.K. Rowling is a lovely human being but it's mostly because I don't give a poo poo about Harry Potter beyond making fun of it and never have.

ya i was not directing it at you, it was an ephemeral you.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i dont think im allowed to since i havent seen any of the 500 previous gundam animes yet

This is wrong. It is unrelated to previous Gundam Lore.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

widespread posted:

Haven't played the first one but Rift Wizard and Crystal Project are great

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

doingitwrong posted:

It’s good?

extremely. people call it Gundam Utena but it is only really aesthetically making homages to Utena, it's it's own thing. and owns

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Anyway the epic GBS guys found the thread so gas and ban the topic for good.

Yep. This was my reasoning as well;

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

It's $1.50 on Good Old Games so I own it now

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Epic High Five posted:

should this be recommended when both Xenonauts has been released and also its sequel Xenonauts 2 comes out later this year??

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

doingitwrong posted:

Genuinely good or, like, “it starts slow but once you’ve committed yourself to a dozen hours of TV you’ll have Stockholm Syndromed yourself into liking it?”

definitely understand the hesitation here, but only 13 eps are out and they were terrific. so it is not a major commitment tbqh

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
I just realized none of you were this worked up over blizzard employees literally raping people, in fact we have an entire board dedicated to one single blizzard game. I guess this Harry Potter fiasco was just a virtue signal circle jerk.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Of course I have a huge backlog of games so it may take some time before I get to the recommended games, but I own them now

EDIT: I mean I was pretty worked up about Blizzard being rapey but I also don't really play Blizzard games that much. I've heard they've cleaned house and are trying to actively make things better but we'll see how that goes. I did play Dragonflight for like two weeks at the urging of some friends but WoW is pretty meh

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 14, 2023

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Thinking about the concept of a Half-House elf and wonder who in the gently caress would ever have sex with a house elf?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Charles 1998 posted:

I just realized none of you were this worked up over blizzard employees literally raping people, in fact we have an entire board dedicated to one single blizzard game. I guess this Harry Potter fiasco was just a virtue signal circle jerk.

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

widespread posted:

get noita too

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lady Radia posted:

should this be recommended when both Xenonauts has been released and also its sequel Xenonauts 2 comes out later this year??

It's like you WANT the aliens to win

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Charles 1998 posted:

i think the blizzlols thread started specifically because of all the hosed up poo poo that was coming out of blizzard

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ok all. We've had our fun. So it's agreed: We gas this thread but also ban all the GBS style freaks that popped up.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lol who doesn't hate Blizzard in 2023, it's almost more popular to hate them than not

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I am mad as hell.

Are u gonna take it some more tho

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Ok all. We've had our fun. So it's agreed: We gas this thread but also ban all the GBS style freaks that popped up.

Seems to be unanimous. Admins, let's take care of it.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

widespread posted:

2nd and 3rd look interesting, first is tagged "Dating Sim" and "Digital Novel" so hard pass

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yup 👆

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
I need another 70 pages of variations on bobborts bebacy