Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
If you have hogwarts please consult a medical professional immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

on a more serious note, I'm feeling slightly skeeved out by people buying the game and then immediately donating to trans charities.

It smells of indulgences. That's how you get protestantism.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

Frankly, what everybody should take away from this thread is that instead of paying for hogwarts legacy you should get yourself a sega genesis emulator and spend a comfy evening playing Zero Wing.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

grieving for Gandalf posted:

why are nerds in this thread doing "what about this other game"

do you really expect people on this forums to follow simple instructions

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

There was no real "boycott," either, it was just a bunch of trans people going "hey, can we maybe not play the antisemitism & transphobia special" and that's it. It's not like somebody made an org or called on storefronts to stop selling the thing or asked news sites to drop coverage.

But sure, "the boycott only helped the sales."

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

Yeah it's a white supremacist dog-whistle. It stands for "Zionist Occupied Government"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

goblin week posted:

i've gotta say, i sometimes joke that the english language is such a poor fit for swearing, but you guys make up for it with the variance in ethnic slurs

quite frankly i'm offended at being lumped in with anglos

HopperUK posted:

What's the best language for swearing? German swears sound emphatic which is fun but I bet you can get really eloquent about cursing somebody out in some languages.

Definitely Polish. You have no idea how many times I had to translate Polish profanity into English and got frustrated at having to dumb down the sheer poetry that is the word "jebać"