Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I was just reading about 10 pages back and someone was saying the goblins in this game are anti semetic. Genuine question are all goblins anti semetic, or just the Harry Potter ones? Or is it that they have money? Most goblins resemble these goblins, ears, nose, etc. The goblins in Wow are obsessed with money

Just wanna edit and say I'm not playing devils advocate or defending this game. Just a thought that occurred to me re goblins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Thanks for the answers everyone. Controlling the banks is an important distinction I didn't consider

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

koolkal posted:

Also worth pointing out that most goblins tend to be the more cartoony greenskinned big floppy ear kind. Like most of the pictures posted across different games in the last several posts.

Meanwhile...

Great point. Do the books describe them like this? Or was this for the movie and if the latter did jk bowling influence it or did they just happen to find character designers or whoever comes up with that poo poo that think just like her?

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I wonder what the sales numbers will end up being. You got like a billion potterheads who don't live online and don't know about Rowling

You got people who don't care about kipling

You got people who care but secretly buy it anyway

And you probably got people buying it with no intention of playing it to own the libs

And probably some other category I forgot

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Fucker posted:

some of you are getting too into this

I almost made a similar post a couple hours ago. This thread has slowly transformed from making fun of Harry Potter to some people role-playing as racists or something

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

goblin week posted:

But surely people have played it before??

They release new people all the time actually

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
My friends list is all goonz in this thread and right now 20 are playing hogwarts and 40 want it. Don't worry about proof

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Epic High Five posted:

Aside from the setting and the whole announcing to the world how much it would take for you to shuck loose the aesthetics of allyship and how much people can expect you to whine about it next time it happens, how is this game even different from, say, Immortals: Fenix Rising or however it's spelled? I've watching a fair chunk of both and it just seems like a reskin of a game I can get for $20 with an actually okay Switch port that's out right now.

The setting is its main draw. Making a 'good' game (not shovel ware) set in the 8th biggest media franchise of all time that also hasn't had a serious video game in modern times was a license to print money. It probably would have printed money even if it was an unplayable shallow mess.

If the setting doesn't appeal to you then it's just another open world game with a sub par story.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I like the game you where shoot hitlers ball in slow motion with xray cam

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

bengraven posted:

What’s funny is that I was curious how no one reports these (they have a loving trilogy bundle) so I clicked on the report button and there’s legit nothing about it that’s breaking Steam’s rules. Like you can hang out with and gently caress Hitler and Gabe’s is like “that’ll be $30” (or whatever it costs).

It's funny that valve a company interested in making money doesn't ban things that aren't illegal but simply amoral?

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

HopperUK posted:

I don't like this thing where people compare the folk angry about the Hogwarts game to gamergate. I don't like it one bit.

This is dumb, like doing that I mean.

Also dumb, calling everyone playing the dumb game a nazi or a fascist or a racist. 98% of the people playing it don't know anything more than "I liked Harry Potter once and I still do". And for the 1% who are aware of all the poo poo then their biggest crime is... I dunno having no empathy and. The final 1% are transphobes. Also I made up those numbers.

I can't tell if it's tongue in cheek here and it doesn't matter I guess. But it's evident in other parts of the internet and as everyone knows the best way to get people to see things from your point of view is to call them nazis!

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Can I ask Harry Potter questions here that I've wondered for years but not enough to actually Google?

Why do wizards not use phones or email or something. Why do they subjugate owls to a life of flying around carrying their poo poo all day

Why don't they use normal pens? What's up with the quills and ink

Just kidding I know the answer is cause the author is a hack

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Lady Radia posted:

you’re allowed to play the game if you also send me $60 so don’t worry about it and do that

That's OK I don't want to play it. I legitimately just think it's dumb to accuse the billion people playing it of all being racist nazis

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

HopperUK posted:

JKR has stated outright she gets comfort from the popularity of her work, and takes engagement with her work as endorsement. To her, it doesn't matter if you're an 'ally' who just wants to enjoy a videogame without thinking about politics, or a disgusting 'gender critical' transphobe like this stinking island is infested with. So why the gently caress should it matter to anyone else.

Yea but my point is that jkr and her hate aren't known by the majority of the people playing this game. There are definitely those who know and play anyway, especially anyone here. But there are many many more who aren't 'online' and aren't trans and have no idea. Calling then nazis is stupid and dumb :shrug:

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Metroid Prime Remastered

Switch emulator on a bad rear end pc all settings maxed out :getin:

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

socialsecurity posted:

Could you quote some people saying this?

You mean like outside of something falafel? Or can this thread be submitted as evidence? Cause just go pick a random page I guess. Outside sa, I didn't save the poo poo I saw on Twitter and I'm not gonna go look for it so I guess I'm lyin

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Very interesting that you will purchase the Hitler game but pirate Metroid Prime Remastered. I see how this is going.

A. I dont buy full price games
B. I didnt buy Hogwarts Legacy
C. I'm playing mass effect for the 13th time

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Buschmaki posted:

"Something Falafel" my god I dont even have to call you a Nazi, which you are, to absolutely clown on you. Have fun with your blood libel goblin game nerd

You made me cry in real life I hope you're happy

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Metroid prime remastered is $40. You have made a fool of yourself and should retreat from this thread before you disgrace yourself further.

Excuse me, I was referring to hogwartsmy original post should not be misconstrued to mean pirate Metroid Prime. It should be construed to mean buy it, but then play it on pc so it's even more badass

Thank you

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I suggest playing it on the Nintendo Switch console like a normal person

You know what I can't argue with this. It's much easier and convenient

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Switch 2 when

Actually no, new 3ds when. When Nintendo, when!

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
It actually would be really awesome if something happened and Rowling ended up as broken as Elon. I guess she's already there, they both love right wing racists and transphobes and everyone knows they're both dumb but they still have their sycophants. I guess what we need is for someone to make Rowling buy Twitter from Elon

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

koolkal posted:

A lot of people talk about Rowling's tweets but she actively engages with major politicians, newspapers, TV, in-person protests, etc.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-63170808

Like this is the head of the Scottish government engaging with her comments, she's more than just a random celebrity on Twitter and even without Twitter she would still have a large effect on the UK political scene

I'm sorry I've always wanted to say this

There are other countries besides the UK

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
You should use Twitter actually, to help overload it and bring it down to its final death because everyone who could fix it was fired for not sucking off Elon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Updog Scully posted:

People loving know about the Rowling stuff. Everyone knows. I am telling you, if people say they don't know, they do. Everyone knows.

You're either joking or seriously misunderstand the level of ignorance some people live in