Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mustang posted:

That's how I frame my veterans benefits when I talked about them to people, particularly my healthcare. So far the VA has been the best healthcare experience I've had in my life, I'm surprised Democrats rarely ever talk about it.

I think privatization of something like the VA was more palatable to discuss in the past but with how expensive healthcare has gotten I don't think anyone is happy with the system our country currently has in place.

The VA is a nightmarish hellscape from which there is no escape for a significant fraction of veterans.

Those people get screen time on TV.

Why tie the burning dumpster fire that literally kills and gives HIV to veterans to your party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Queer Grenadier posted:

Sources for this claim (bolded) above?

You have got to be loving kidding me, right?

If this were 2001 and far and away the vast majority of the forums were 14-22 years old, I could kind of understand this kind of ignorance.. but this is 2023.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Being Rich > Having Cadillac Insurance > Having Good Insurance > Having insurance through a job that pays you a salary > Having insurance for a job that pays you hourly > Having insurance from the insurance marketplaces > TRICare as a retiree > TRICare while still in > No Insurance > Full blown AIDS > Federal Prisoner Health Care > Native American Healthcare > The DPRK > Chris Kyle > VA is your primary healthcare

I will not be convinced otherwise.
:colbert:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

No sweat. To clarify, you’d probably have to follow the FTCA procedure which requires you to first file a claim against the doctor via the VA themselves, and if the resolution there is unsatisfactory, then you can file suit against the united states in federal court.

Nah. The VA is pretty decent and outright better than private care at least in Florida. The only vets I know around here that have any kind of private insurance just do it for family.

You are talking about your lived experience in the capital of the least insurable state of the union, the one that routinely ranks near the bottom for a host of health metrics relating to cost and availability.

I get it dude, if you live somewhere poo poo, it can be an alright option in comparison to literally dying under a bridge that moment and not the VA’s bridge at a slightly later and a way more 3rd act of Philadelphia like moment. Or if your options are absolute poo poo (Let’s say the DoD already poz’d your neg rear end, or you believe once a marine always a marine lol) I can understand choosing a VAMC over just waiting until it’s bad enough any emergency room is going to save your life and giving the ambulance a fake name when you call them from a park bench type situation.

Not how I would live my life, but I get it.

But call a loving spade a spade you loving stockholm syndrome suffering son of a gun: It’s the VA. It exists to give succdems and “traditional value” as well as “neo” conservatives top cover to fight hosed up wars over poo poo not worth fight for (Going all the way back to fighting either on the side of the South, or to bring them back into the loving Union. The original liberlols and cuckservatives all the way to our future war with the PRC)

As the kids say:

“The VA is hella sus, you ain’t gotta be simping for ‘em bruh. No cap.”

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Enjoy your HIV I guess.

That place is a gently caress show for which I do not have words.

Clearly nobody is changing anyone’s mind RE: The VA.

I think we can all agree, however, that individual results will vary.

:shrug:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Arione posted:

Pretty sure enlisting alone proved I was a dumbfuck. But at least I dont go around asking for commie clubs.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This should be more of a learning moment than you feeling like you aren’t welcome here in GiP or that view points outside our mainstream aren’t welcome.

It’s been a long time since you posted here, and man has this place and it’s posters changed a LOT since then.

99% of us are vets now, not active duty. And a similar percentage would count themselves at least on the left side of the classical political spectrum (that hardly captures the current zeitgeist) and are… if not hostile, very aggrieved with American Conservatism.

I don’t know where you land politically, what you think, how you feel, or what you believe.

But based on your brief foray back here a lot of these dudes are painting a picture of you in their head that ain’t pretty to them.

I get along here fine, and I’m certifiably nuts, and have been known to be an rear end in a top hat.

The key is to be a similar kind of rear end in a top hat as the rest of the assholes in the hotdog factory that is GiP. Not so much conform, but a little homogenization of your brand of rear end in a top hat with our certified USDA grade D rear end in a top hat here could do you some good maybe.

Don’t stop posting, we need new blood. But don’t let the blood be from you being the bleeding rear end in a top hat gumming up the works at the rear end in a top hat factory.

Glad you came back.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
We really need to stop hating or disparaging anyone for any belief political or otherwise as long as they aren’t advocating or trying to gently caress with your life (Looking at my fellow conservatives on that one)

I don’t see the D’s and their ilk pulling legislative poo poo that fucks up peoples lives as the point of the legislation. It just works out that way because, well- Amerikkka. The R’s just say the quiet parts out loud and openly bey to gently caress with anyone they see as an “other” through legislation.

I hate that we hate our fellow citizens just because we don’t agree on some issues. That’s dumb, we are grown rear end people… in theory we are capable of better.

In practice we get Fox, OANN and MSNBC zombies who just like to get their 5 minutes of hate against the others with their news.

It’s really sad honestly.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This is essentially the only leftist veteran organization I know of. And I’m not even a liberal and I love it here.

Embrace this community. It’s full of some of the best (and worst (hi!)) people from the military.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I’m simplifying.

We can converse without having to talk like college freshmen in poli sci 101, right?

I’m not a liberal, and I don’t really know if I’d call myself a leftist, but I drat sure hate the modern American conservative movement with a passion.

I know history goes further back than 3 presidents, but you can trace a line from the 2000 election steal, 9/11, Purestrain neoconservatives, Trump, and 1/6. And it’s not a curvy line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

FrozenVent posted:

Calling us an organization is a stretch.

It’s like saying an upended bag of flour in a dirty above ground pool is a pastry.

Similarly true calling us leftists lol