Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pragmatica posted:

thanks everyone, i really appreciate at it. it’s been a tough one.

i’m definitely feeling some of this today. all day i kept feeling like i’m forgetting to do something. at the end, he was had medication to manage, fed smaller meals throughout the day, making sure the litterbox was always clean because he had a tough time not accidentally stepping in dirty spots. it was a lot of very little things like that to keep him happy and feeling good, but it’s weird to have a full day without that.

i’m so sorry, synthy. it’s especially rough when you are so bonded from early kitten age, and you will never forget how that love feels.

Thanks, and yeah, all of that sounds very familiar. I had to place water bowls around the house since he was forgetting where it was, which resulted in at least one being kicked and spilled a day lol

What's funny is like the day after he passed I started Hi-Fi Rush, which introduced a lil grey cat companion in the intro. I had to sadly lol at the universe twisting my nuts just a little more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
drat, I'm sorry to hear that Prag! Geez, I can't imagine what it'd be like, losing a cat or dog after 20 years though - at that point it would feel like they're practically part of the furniture. I'm sure you gave him the best life possible - I hope you're doing OK though :(

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pragmatica posted:

bump for a really sad bummer post :(

Sitting here getting misty eyed in my office over this

So sorry Prag :(

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

really sorry for your loss, prags (and synthy).

the sudden quiet that they leave can be so fuckin hard sometimes. you keep waiting for something you need to do for them and then remembering.

hope you have all the support you need.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

also, it seems like you gave Jack and Weasel a really good life, and i'm betting there's a lot you're not saying about how difficult it was to navigate them through it all.

i think it's important to remember that sometimes, that as hard as the loss feels, it was nature that did it, and you were there to give them the best life they could have.