Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

no dude my dog is totally normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

That reminds me of a regular’s dog at a bar I used to work at - her name is Pumpkin 🙂

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Ahhh, there sure are some good doggos in here!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The baby might not like it right now but at least someone does

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

that is the baby

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

that is the baby

:hai:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thats a cat actually.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Leadthumb posted:

that is the baby

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ferb

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wood paneling ftw

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

An excellent photo of an excellent cat, IMO!

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

BUMMER POST WARNING

seeing my parents' dog / my last childhood dog before I moved out for the last time today. he's been in declining health for a while but developed cancer within the few months and it has quickly taken its toll. he's an old man and had a nice long comfy life (and outlived our expectations based on how fat he was for most of it) but it's still so heart wrenching. he was always the most psycho energetic dog but now he's too weak to even get up and greet me. currently laying with him on the ground next to the AC vent, his favorite place.

here's a pic from last year when he was doing a bit better, and a much older pic of him with Millie where they both look so young :(

love ya Spike, gonna miss ya bud.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bless you, Spike. Sorry tmfc

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
drat, I'm sorry to hear that, tmfc - that's always tough :(

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’m sorry, tmfc. He’s a handsome lad, he clearly had a great life with you and your family.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Pragmatica posted:

jack, my 19.5 year old baby cat

bump for a really sad bummer post :(

yesterday, i said goodbye to Jack at 1pm. he passed peacefully in my arms. the last few months his kidney disease got really bad and uncontrollable, even though we were trying everything we could to slow down the progression. on monday morning, some really concerning symptoms started to show, and i knew it was time.

i've had jack since he was about 3 weeks old, found in a garbage can outside with his siblings that did not make it. i had no idea how to take care of a kitten that small, but a vet helped me get set up with everything i needed to nurse him back to life. i was only 19 then, and now i am 40. i spent nearly 21 years with this sweet animal, over half of my life. my heart is pretty shattered from losing him as well as his kitty sister Weasel in august 2022 from cancer. i know they are running and being silly kittens again together, free of pain and old age. it feels like a pretty big chapter in my life has closed. :(

i love you, baby Jackie

sept 9, 2003 - apr 29, 2024

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sorry for your loss, Prag.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
sorry prags. looks like you were able to give him a good full cat life

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

So sorry Prag

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Rest in Peace Jack

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

my condolences Prag

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

poo poo I'm so sorry Prag, that's just horrible. Glad you were able to spend such a long time with him, you can tell he was one happy cat

That Little Demon posted:

Rest in Peace Jack

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

my condolences. at that age, i'm sure you've given him a great life to live.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fuckin sucks prag, sorry to hear it

copy
Jul 26, 2007

sorry for you loss prag. it's such a hard decision to make

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
condolences. rip jack

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

RIP to Jack. I lost my old man cat last year, he would be about 19 today. Similar story too, it really sucks. Crazy to think he was in my life for more than half of it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
really sorry to hear it, prags. sucks to say goodbye to a trusted little homey

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I'm really sorry to hear it, Prags, my condolences. Rest easy, Jack.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
occasioanl stress dream where im freaking out over not having fed the cat/done the litterbox for months and then wake up and remember why :sludgepal:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rip jack

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

occasioanl stress dream where im freaking out over not having fed the cat/done the litterbox for months and then wake up and remember why :sludgepal:

jesus

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

condolences, prag. rest in peace Jack

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Yeah lol. I still expect to see him greet me at the door when I get home sometimes

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

I'm so sorry, Prag. This is never easy, but you will always have the memories of the good times. Go easy, Jack.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Saying goodbye sucks, but it's cool you got to hang out with Jack for such a long time. Rest in peace Jack.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
thanks everyone, i really appreciate at it. it’s been a tough one.

HolePisser1982 posted:

i’m definitely feeling some of this today. all day i kept feeling like i’m forgetting to do something. at the end, he was had medication to manage, fed smaller meals throughout the day, making sure the litterbox was always clean because he had a tough time not accidentally stepping in dirty spots. it was a lot of very little things like that to keep him happy and feeling good, but it’s weird to have a full day without that.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

RIP to Jack. I lost my old man cat last year, he would be about 19 today. Similar story too, it really sucks. Crazy to think he was in my life for more than half of it

i’m so sorry, synthy. it’s especially rough when you are so bonded from early kitten age, and you will never forget how that love feels.