Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Ok, get this. The bad guys, they're like... things kids liked when I was a kid, but *scary*. I'm thinking legally distinct Furbies chase the player down in an abandoned Toy store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

During the day you plant crops, design additions to your farmhouse, and interact with the townspeople. But at night, well, the clowns come out…

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
This revolutionary game features character models and environments based entirely on AI generated images.

You are pursued through a nightmarish abandoned oil refinery by an evil clown with 11 fingers on each hand and a bunch of anime girls with asses for boobs.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
at the end of the game after the big plot twist reveal the player is forced to replay the prologue of the game with this new context, but this time you see things unfold as they actually were without the protagonist's self delusions

this will be hailed by reviewers as "deep"

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Applewhite posted:

This revolutionary game features character models and environments based entirely on AI generated images.

You are pursued through a nightmarish abandoned oil refinery by an evil clown with 11 fingers on each hand and a bunch of anime girls with asses for boobs.

We've used neural net AI technology mated with chat from real people to make the creepiest, most realistic enemy in video game history.

Edit: We regret to inform our valued players that we're pulling the game from Steam after the clown started quoting fake holocaust statistics at the player. We're working around the clock to resolve this.

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 11, 2023

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Applewhite posted:

You are stalked through an abandoned subway by an evil clown. You have a claw hammer and a flashlight. The flashlight only has forty seconds of battery life but more batteries can be found in toolboxes scattered around in abandoned subway cars. Health can be restored by eating rats you kill with the claw hammer. Be careful of staying too long in the dark because your madness meter rises and that attracts the clown. You can run at double your walking speed (glacially slow) for three seconds but must recharge for fifteen seconds before you can run again.

You can jump, but only as high as the average sidewalk curb.
Ah, the breakfast scene from Daydrunk!
Find last night's leftovers to ward of the shakes , be quick, your visual field is filling with skulls.
Uh oh, check hiding spots for forgotten stashes
Gin in the toilet cistern!
Now find the breath mints and your good to get commuting

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

halfway through the game it turns out the painkillers you've been taking to restore your health are actually clown pills, and now you are slowly transforming into a clown. this unlocks a "declowning" sub menu in the health menu that allows you to identify limbs and digits that are turning to clown and cauterize them with a hot firepoker. the firepoker only lasts 5 uses before it breaks and you must find another

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

also, even if the player managed to avoid taking any clown pills through the inventory screen, the player clearly swallows one during a cutscene so the clown turning happens no matter what

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gonna record some spooky audio logs and hope you can't tell we couldn't afford voice actors

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
“no it’s supposed to be lovely to play. Thats the whole point”

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Okay, so you know that new horror copy-pasta monster frontier 4 chan?

Well, he's chasing you around a forest and a suburban looking house until you can grab all 10 spooky notes.

Then you die anyway. Spoooooooky

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Did anyone do elon musk mars colony neuralink headquarters yet?
You are failed test subject but lived because of the concentrated hater energy. All your implants are broken and buggy and you need to fix them while dodging other failed experiments and security while managing the wild weather on the terraforming red planet when you do Eva's. The game politics end up being a message about the power of voting for some reason.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Horror game where you are a crab in a crab bucket.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Horror game where you are an agent who needs to infiltrate rich peoples parties but not the fun ones also some of the rich people are murderers. You need to ply them with booze until they spill the info you need and get out stealthily. The real monster is suburbia.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
You are being chased by a evil clown while waiting in super long line at a supermarket. The clown is like three people behind you, but being evil but not an rear end in a top hat isn't cutting in. So um, there isn't much actually chasing going on, just waiting for half an hour or so, but I think it's a good commentary on the banality of evil.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A horror game qhere you are being chased through extremely dark corridors full of garbage by a scary monster you can't really see, unless tou cheat and turn up the gamma to see it's the unity capsule.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
A randomly generated city late at night. You play a woman who needs to walk home alone to her apartment. There may or may not be a randomly selected NPC that will hurt you. You don't know. You just try to stick to the safer spots that are brightly lit, and usually avoid any other npcs that appear. Probably end up jumping at random sounds coming around you in case it's the one that will attack you.

This is less ironic scary and more just a horror game.

naem
May 29, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

Did anyone do elon musk mars colony neuralink headquarters yet?
You are failed test subject but lived because of the concentrated hater energy. All your implants are broken and buggy and you need to fix them while dodging other failed experiments and security while managing the wild weather on the terraforming red planet when you do Eva's. The game politics end up being a message about the power of voting for some reason.

the end boss is Elon who wants to impregnate you with a horse

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

(swedish dev)
You play as a Swedish indie game developer in Gothenburg. Visual novel. By day you run errands and go to therapy. At night your success at therapy determines your dreams. They're not scary at all. Is the "survival horror" genre tag on this one a joke?
Winner of the Malmö Independent Game Jam Palme D'or 2017.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

naem posted:

the end boss is Elon who wants to impregnate you with a horse

As usual, the villain is an evil clown.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You are a big sports fan trying to get home from a late shift at work to watch the recorded game, but the streets are full of friends and foes spilling out of the bars and keen to talk about it. Can you make it across the city, past the chattering groups, evading drunken friends trying to find you, and the police who are out in force looking for a creeper?

When you finally get home you find the game was never finished after the clown mascot did a dirty protest in front of the opposing team bench.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

(portland dev)
Your rag-tag DnD group composed of obese polyamorous 20-somethings juggle their complicated (and sexy!) social lives by day. By night you put on homemade costumes and take to the streets to fight capitalism and smash the patriarchy. It really, really wants to be disco elysium.
Winner of the Social Justice Award for Good Effort from the Eugene Game Developers Conference 2019.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
Our game is an homage to Silent Hill (it has an unreliable narrator, long hallways with unopenable doors, cults, and absolutely no visibility)

les enfants Terrific! fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 12, 2023

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Dark Maze

We says it's a maze but it's actually just a circular room with no light. Every now and then it plays startling noises like the wilhelm scream and other things I can steal from youtube because I don't know where else to get foleys from.

Oh and it's in VR.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Dark Maze

We says it's a maze but it's actually just a circular room with no light. Every now and then it plays startling noises like the wilhelm scream and other things I can steal from youtube because I don't know where else to get foleys from.

Oh and it's in VR.

The VR mode has never been tested. All they did was click “Enable VR Support”

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
googles "Unity how to make the PS1 wobbly polygon effect"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

We need a compelling monster. Something original, but familiar. Something that will terrify people but compel them to keep playing. Something unique that has never been seen before.

What if we made some kind of really tall and skinny monster. Maybe it has a crazy head or something, I dunno.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

A randomly generated city late at night. You play a woman who needs to walk home alone to her apartment. There may or may not be a randomly selected NPC that will hurt you. You don't know. You just try to stick to the safer spots that are brightly lit, and usually avoid any other npcs that appear. Probably end up jumping at random sounds coming around you in case it's the one that will attack you.

This is less ironic scary and more just a horror game.

I think this is a good candidate for one of those fashionable new multiplayer horror games. Four players play women, one player plays the monster.

Who wants to volunteer to moderate the in-game chat?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

A Fancy Hat posted:

We need a compelling monster. Something original, but familiar. Something that will terrify people but compel them to keep playing. Something unique that has never been seen before.

What if we made some kind of really tall and skinny monster. Maybe it has a crazy head or something, I dunno.

King Charles III?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I think this is a good candidate for one of those fashionable new multiplayer horror games. Four players play women, one player plays the monster.

Who wants to volunteer to moderate the in-game chat?

Each player sees themselves as the woman and others as some kind of horrible creeps. Their goal is to enter the same house. Maybe not a lot of replay value but an interesting experiment

naem
May 29, 2011

the same game but the “creep” player thinks he’s just playing a retail employee simulator, dealing with difficult customers

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

the whole fuckin town is littered with obsolete technology. wax cylinders, clovis point arrowheads, perpperbox revolvers, aerial screws, whalebone corsets, nokia cell phones, casette tapes, tinctures of laudanum, black and white tvs.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

there's a character who smokes a cigarette and calls you "boss"

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
The Show Must Go On: It's a pixel-sprite based game where you are a good clown performing tricks at the circus but your troupe has evil clowns that perform tricks that will hurt the audience unless you intervene. Its kind of like Burger Time in that you must keep the audience entertained and not brutally murdered at the same time. The game doesn't have a real ending, it jst gets larger and progressively harder until it becomes impossible to beat.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Hear me out guys…

Looping

Hallway

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Hear me out guys…

Looping

Hallway

You only have a few weeks to play before the publisher gets butthurt and removes it from your machine.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I need to show the player that something happened in the past, better just google "old pictures" and slap the first ten results into frames in my game.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Walking simulator but when the evil clown is nearby you can only move even more slowly by using the TipToe™️ feature. If you make a mistake the clown kills you instantly.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
According to the promotional material, the clown's AI tracks the hiding places you use most often and this increases the likelihood the clown will check those areas.

Actually the clown always goes directly to wherever you are hiding in the room and finds you immediately if your madness meter is more than 25% full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So turns out their isn't any free evil clown assets you can download. Did find a generic person textured pure black and some free circus music and an evil_laugh.wav (should only need one). I think I can still make it work. it's like seeing into the soul of the evil clown. Yeah that works.