Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Hilario Baldness posted:

2 colonoscopies. One of them I was partially conscious.

I've had dozens of these, and it's to the point I don't even get anesthesia anymore. It's just uncomfortable for a bit, and it's neat seeing what's going on and being able to talk to the doctor about what he sees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

acejackson42 posted:

I've had dozens of these, and it's to the point I don't even get anesthesia anymore. It's just uncomfortable for a bit, and it's neat seeing what's going on and being able to talk to the doctor about what he sees.

I dig the preparatory toilet levitation.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I had to kneel in an uncomfortable position for like 3 or 4 minutes at work half a year ago and I still feel the bit under my knee hurting sometimes

Also type 2 diabetes before being 40 y.o

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Sprained my ankle while loving. Thankfully it was pretty mild but uh, yeah.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?
I had to stop halfway through shaving one leg because my other leg started to cramp.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Just put on my jacket and sprained part of my back.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Ralph Hurley posted:

in my late 30s I played pinball all night at a rented cabin with friends and the next day the muscles in both my forearms were so shot I couldn’t properly wipe my rear end for a few days.

The pinball machine was Lethal Weapon 3

Lmao

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Hollismason posted:

Just put on my jacket and sprained part of my back.

I do this connnnstantly. every time I get kind of caught in it or I have to do it in like a booth or cinema seat or something I'll every so slightly pull one of my shoulders

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Last year one of my teeth cracked during a mountain hike and the dentist outright told me they'd try to save it if I was a bit younger but they thought I should just get that poo poo yanked.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Last year I was walking up the stairs to my apartment after grabbing some Taco Bell and had a random back spasm that basically made me bed ridden for the entire weekend.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Ralph Hurley posted:

in my late 30s I played pinball all night at a rented cabin with friends and the next day the muscles in both my forearms were so shot I couldn’t properly wipe my rear end for a few days.

The pinball machine was Lethal Weapon 3

lethal wipin'

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

danny glover groaning as he reaches back, i'm too sore for this poo poo

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
when i was about 30 i started noticing that my wounds didn't heal as fast as they used to. like i fell over ice skating and caught my shin on the edge of my blade and it was still bleeding a week later. or the time i fell off my bike (clipped into the pedals), went down like a sack of poo poo and where i'd broken my fall with my hand all the skin on the palm was ripped off and i had to wear a bandage for a fortnight. on the other hand i feel like as i've got older, my ability to put up with poo poo has increased a lot. so we could have been out hiking all day, guy looks at the map and says we've still got another 6 miles to walk and then we've got to put up the tents in the rain, and i'm like whatever, same poo poo different day i guess

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Y'all need physical therapy. Seriously. It works wonders if you do it on schedule. Especially for old injuries that are hurting your posture and causing other pains. You'd be surprised how much pain you can eradicate*

*Not saying it's end all be all etc. But some of this can be fixed over time if taken seriously.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Y'all need physical therapy. Seriously. It works wonders if you do it on schedule. Especially for old injuries that are hurting your posture and causing other pains. You'd be surprised how much pain you can eradicate*

*Not saying it's end all be all etc. But some of this can be fixed over time if taken seriously.

for real.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

your back pain will be cured once they lighten your wallet

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Last Saturday I had a stroke :(

I'm only 38

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Yeah, my back can go out if I just turn the wrong way. My doc took an x-ray and I have arthritis in my lower lumbar region. PT for me

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

credburn posted:

I'm only 38

:stonk:

that poo poo is scary, hope you're recovering well

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the thing about PT is that you pay them for the session but the way they get you is you have to do the exercises they tell you to do at home as well on the other days! what a rip off

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Just how much more sore I get from working out and having to compensate for it. Also, stretching before everything.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yeah the PT guys pull the drainage plug on your wallet and you have to do homework

loving bullshAHH MY BACK

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

credburn posted:

I'm only 38

Im really sorry. Are you okay?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
when i play tug-of-war with the small-medium sized dog my back is all kinds of hosed up the next day

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i had years of low back pain in my mid-late 30s. i basically felt it every day bending over with some days being really bad and others no pain unless i picked something up or twisted / sat certain ways. no idea what from, but it got sore one evening after a gym workout and then just persisted indefinitely.

i mentioned it to a doctor at one point, who said based on how long it had been and the symptoms it was probably a disc injury and there wasn't much to be done except surgery, but if it wasn't causing unbearable pain or impacting my life it might be better to postpone surgical intervention as long as possible.

anyway, i had stopped lifting weights altogether due to the constant pain, but a few months ago i decided gently caress it, i'm just gonna start lifting again and try to keep it light and just work through the pain. within about 2 weeks of squatting and deadlifting again, the pain just disappeared.

loving years of back pain, and it just disappeared from doing the same thing that apparently injured it in the first place. i have no loving clue how that worked, i doubt it will work for anyone else, but goddamn does it feel great to not have pain in my low back anymore from just basic poo poo like bending over the bathroom sink to brush my teeth, putting cat food down, or carrying a box in from the front porch.

that's my story about a freak injury followed by a freak recovery.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I couldn't get up from a bench yesterday because my back was have spasms!

I fully audibly grunted

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think I got shin splints for the first time ever :(

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I was washing my hair and moved my neck in just the wrong way and felt something like a snap. I couldn't move my head left or right without intense pain for a whole week. It fuckin' sucked. Then I did it again like a year later.

I'm just glad I didn't pick up my dad's habit of reliably throwing his back out twice a year.

Still, it's like my body took a poo poo the moment I turned 30. 40 is coming up soon and I'm expecting my body to start crumbling to dust.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Bad Purchase posted:

danny glover groaning as he reaches back, i'm too sore for this poo poo

Lmao

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I was sitting down and bent over just a little to put on a sock. I tweaked my back so bad I was virtually immobile for 3 days. I was in bed all that time. When I had to pee I had to crawl off the bed on to the floor, drag myself to the toilet and lift myself just enough to get my dick over the bowl. It took a good two weeks before I was back to normal.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

very similar to everyones stories of random event taking me out for weeks.. i was hanging something on my wall while on a step ladder and i dropped the nail i was holding and for some reason i thought i had to rescue/catch the nail and twisted to grab it and i was in a literal fiery hell for weeks after. needed physical therapy and muscle relaxants.

for want of a nail..

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
II'm just not a healthy or fit guy in any way and never was. My body is my corporeal punishment for the time before my spirit is sent to hell. If I have to lay down on a "firm" bed, my bones will hurt so much I fall asleep due to frustration and exhaustion, in my dreams I am sent to work on impossible tasks and i wake up angry, confused, stressed out and in a sweat.

Hotels hostels and on site rooms half the year and often several different places during a year. It's becoming a problem, i should quit.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Bad Purchase posted:

:stonk:

that poo poo is scary, hope you're recovering well

ManBoyChef posted:

Im really sorry. Are you okay?

Oh jeez, I shouldn't have so callously mentioned that. I've got some injuries from it -- mostly a hosed up hand -- but there's actually a really good chance I'll have a 100% recovery. I just have to wait and see. And the doctor says if I can manage to go 3 years without another stroke, my odds of having a stroke return to "normal," uh, whatever that means.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Here's a fun one. Our school district no longer allows student to play Dodgeball. So now they play "Guard the Castle". Essentially the same thing, but now you can throw at a person, or a traffic cone (The castle). Your job is to prevent a ball thrown by the opposite team member hitting your traffic cone, while trying to hit theirs (Or hit them, eliminating the defense, then taking out the cone.) During a pep rally a few years ago, they had a Teacher Vs. Student game of Guard the Castle.

The students called me out. They wanted me to play. Normally, I don't play these kind of games (They have something like this at almost every pep rally, and i just assume that if I play, it's going to be an unfair advantage... For the students.) but this time I thought "What the hell!" and walked out to my position. I was not running, skipping or anything. I was walking. In a school gym. On smooth, level ground. And as I reached my position, there was a SNAP! in my right knee, followed immediately by blinding pain. So, I turned around right away and began limping back to my seat. Just then the game started and, adding insult to very real injury, the student on the other side drilled me between the shoulder blades with the dodgeball (Such a distinctive sound.)

I managed to make it back to my seat. Eventually they sent me to the Worker's Comp doctor, who did a bunch of tests, including lots of Xrays and MRIs and it was determined that I had torn the meniscus in my right knee, simply by taking a step. I had to have surgery to repair the damage, spent some time with a brace, cane and hobbling around, and eventually I got better. My knee still aches from time to time, but it is pretty much back to normal, until the next time it happens, which the surgeon told me is pretty much inevitable.

tl/dr: I tore my knee up by merely taking a step.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Genesplicer posted:

tl/dr: I tore my knee up by merely taking a step.

that poo poo is totally going to happen to me some day and I am really not looking forward to it