Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's been ten years since the funniest sitcom to ever air has been on TV, time to strip mine each and every one of its 138 episodes for the choicest of bits and clips.

This entire sequence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sycfsbu0sys
[video type="youtube" start="30s"]Tw30UQoN8uI&t=30s[/video]

Another classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPP8DJPbBkw

If you've worked on sets in NY just walk by them a lot, you've probably seen Radio Man. This transient, pseudo-unhoused dude rides around the city on a huge bike with a bigger boom box and just hangs out on film sets all day. Some sets will give him a bg role, but he's in SAG-AFTRA now because of his speaking lines from 30 Rock. There's a documentary about him and it's fun to play "Where's Craig?" in NY TV and movies. My most recent victory in that game is the closing scenes of Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Ultimatum; maybe Damon brought him on? They were both in the weddings episode. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Tracy Junior, where's your mother?

She said she had to take a spa week in Canyon Ranch before my dad broke it in half. I'm not supposed to hear that, I'm a child!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I will not gay set you up again, so I'll be very clear: You'll be under me and if there's one slip up your rear end is mine. drat!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

swickles posted:

My brother Eddie sells faulty sprinkler systems to elementary schools. My cousin Tim fixes NBA games.

In case you aren't sports fans, Tim Donaghy was an NBA ref who got busted for point shaving and mob connections like a year or two before the show began.

That's a great deep joke

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

All the street names were great: Lieutenant Uhura Avenue, corner of Malcolm X and Guy Who Shot Malcolm X Blvd

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

There they are, the Six Sigmas themselves!
They're dudes?
Each of them embodies a pillar of the Six Sigma business philosophy: Teamwork, Insight, Brutality, Male Enhancement, Hand-Shakefulness, and Play Hard.

My father worked for GE (a Six Sigma Black Belt no less) and that episode especially would get him howling. There were a lot of very very inside jokes about their corporate structure.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

The "Six" in "Six Sigma" refers to the total number of deviations above the mean you are aiming to achieve...or something

Six Sigma: you don't have to be perfect all the time, just 999,995.6 times out of a million. This of course makes sense for engineering, but is complete nonsense when GE tried to apply it to film production, where problems include actors locking themselves in their dressing rooms and building fart machines.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Breakfast with Chuck Schumer? I don't want to watch that guy eat. 5k homeless walk? That just seems cruel. Cornell commencement address? Sorry, but Tracy Jordan doesn't do safety schools.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

That place was way better than the Indian restaurant I go to back in Boston: O'Doyles.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Cooter Burger? What do you think I am, a cartoon dog? The president named me that!

He gave you two nicknames?

"Cooter" because I look like a turtle, and "Burger" because he saw me eating a hamburger one time! We have to get out of here. It wasn't even a hamburger... it was a sandwich.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Oh no no no, we need idiots. You need idiots. Who do you think is watching your show?
Funky taste makers?
Look at this chart: black nerds, Jet Blue passengers who fall asleep with the TV on, pets whose owners have died, and idiots.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Hughmoris posted:

Does 30 Rock hold the record for most "jokes per minute"? I can't think of anything of quality that beats it.

Absolutely. Aside from the static sight gags (Sherlock Homie: One does the duty, the other gets the booty"), there are a lot of bg doing funny poo poo. In the studio shots, there's almost always a pair of a petite woman carrying something like a huge planter and a big guy with a single tiny object. I think it has to do with having your writing room (or at least a good chunk of them) on set throwing out adlibs and alternates, which Tina Fey does.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

There's a gym in the building?
Oh yeah, right past the vending machines
Oooo, vending machines! What kind?
I wouldn't know

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

N B Ceeeeeeeeee
A top ten network

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

To the Kia Sorento!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I'm getting too old for this shhhhh sound that's coming from this pipe

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

swickles posted:

One of my favorite jokes is the MILF Island episode when he gets his hand caught in the vending machine and throws his wallet, keys, shoes, and finally his wedding ring at the phone to dial any random number in the building and it cuts to a shot of his desk with his voicemail going off.

That and him getting his shirt completely off and still being stuck are S-tier Adsit.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

🎵A synonym's just another word for
the one you wanna use 🎵

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You can watch me shower, but no touching.
Pfft, no touching just makes it hotter.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I may work at the marriage bureau, but I'll never get married.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Recycle everything, even jokes

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

So to get there, you start on Old Barn Road. Then you take the first left, then the next left, then the next left, and then another left. That'll take you around the quarry, which is real pretty. I just wanted you to see it. that'll put you back on Old Barn Road.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

What was that old man trying to tell me? What am I going to do with all this free food? Remember where I came from. but we all came from the sea! Sea, like the letter 'c' which is part of the alphabet. Alphabet soup. Soup kitchen. Kitchen--

Nah man, don't keep going

The kitchen debate with Richard Nixon. Richard M. Nixon. The M train. Soul Train. Chicken Soup for the Soul. Chicken soup. Soup kitchen! This is a leap day miracle!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The partying is just for show. And because I'm a high-functioning alcoholic. All the phone numbers you see me hand out, they're not even mine.

No, this isn't Tracy Jordan. Really? I've not heard of that term before. Do you know how to get to Connecticut?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Tubman sounds too masculine, how bout Tubgirl?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I love it up here: it's hot, it's loud, there's no pizza. It's like Miami!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You will hand me an envelope predicting my joke about Nag's Head

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mr... Wayner-slav?
It's pronounced Wiener-slave
OK.... Jeffrey

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

On Lifetime dot com backslash garbage file

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Picking a lock is just like riding a bike, they're both skills you need to escape the Atlanta Falcons dressing room.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Look, right now Liz Lemon is downstairs about to sign a lease with Dennis Duffy. If she does that you'll lose her. In three years they'll be married and living in Jacksonville, Florida, where he operates an unlicensed alligator park.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Cerie isn't even really here! That's just a cardboard cut out!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah I know it's not a house but I live there!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You have a house in Connecticut?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Kenneth's a murder, and the Riddler is coming!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

stuart scott posted:

if you're ever trying to remember a full quote i made a search engine for this sort of thing -- https://funcooker.fun

Oh fantastic!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Zedd posted:

I work at the marriage bureau, but I'll never get married. :smith:

Idt she's supposed to be upset

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Did you also have to evacuate the NBC store?

No, it's just empty.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Hughmoris posted:

What episode was this? Haven't been able to find it. :mad:

S3E8, Flu Shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

When I sign somebody up I get a free hat. Soooo... think about it.