Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'd heard about Pizza Tower in passing, but when told there was a demo I somehow found this instead of the actual demo. Still not sure if it's an early build or a fangame or what, but I didn't dig it too much. Later I stumbled upon the actual demo and thought it was pretty fun, so I picked it up.

A few hours in and it's pretty rad, though I'm still so bad the prospect of getting anything higher than an A-rank is still pure fantasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Building a time machine so I can ask the pizza guys to reconsider including that one sliding statue in the Pepperman fight.

The amount of restarts that statue has given me alone might be two-thirds of all my restarts to date.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I see. I'll give that a shot then.

I'd been practicing parries, but the statue always seemed simultaneously too slow and too wide, like I'd come out of my pose just in time to take damage off the back end, but that might just be my eyes exaggerating the threat level. Pepperman's big too, but fast enough that I felt more confident in parrying his attacks. I can actually do the first half of the fight hitless, it's just the statues that were psyching me out.

EDIT: Aaaand that's exactly what happened. Too slow, too wide, coming out the back of the invincibly frames while his hitbox is still clipping mine.

DOUBLE EDIT: FINALLY got him, oof, needed to celebrate after that one.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 12, 2023

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

tbh im kind of disappointed the thread subtitle is not "yall ready to get funky?"
Not all of us are ready to get funky.

Yet.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I've choked on the lava achievement twice now in the process of jumping the last possible pit. I needed to take a short break both times. I also got my first proper P-rank in John Gutter (and also against Pepperman) and could feel my heart racing. Peppino's energetic anxiety was the perfect match for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Reached the end of John Gutter with a 98-combo only to learn there's no third lap (despite being told "Don't worry if you miss something, just do a third lap")? No idea what enemy I missed but I was livid. Had to put the game down.