Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Doomykins posted:

HOLY poo poo does Oh poo poo(hahahaha) want you to drop that combo. Those freaking Pizza Ninjas! And it feels twice as long as most levels, though it's really just twice as complicated in the routing. That cheese zombie section right after John is such a god drat trap too, I had to try to uppercut over one of the 4 little power up clumps, hit 3, that 1 might have saved me when I was wall humping after the roll down to touch a drat clock.

And of course the time honored finishing lap 2 with Pizzaface within 5 yards of me, making my heart rate double.

got it tho
It’s easily the worst level to P-Rank in my opinion. It’s has a ton of finicky sections with no way to recover, and the worst is that it’s loaded with a lot of time-wasting filler such as the pipe transitions. Combine it with one of the worst transformations and yeah it’s, well, lovely.

I finished P-Ranks on everything today. Not sure I want to mess with Chef’s Tasks, so time to wait until either we get DLC or whenever Sugary Spire is finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I had no issue with the third secret itself, as once you learn how the box controls it’s pretty simple, but getting to the secret is always a nailbiter as you gotta hit Mach 3 quickly enough to get in there and keep your combo up. That whole initial escape segment is hell on both laps.

I think the difference between RRF and OS! is that the former’s easier sections involve cathartic high-speed areas or being outright invulnerable, whereas OS! is slower and not that difficult so it just feels like a slog. For example, I never once lost a P-Rank run on the stupid ladder climb full of ninjas, but it’s still a good 30-45 seconds of climbing, stopping to parry, climbing, and repeat.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Noise is out!

He has a few different mechanics from Peppino:

-he doesn’t run up walls, but he bounces and can keep jumping so long as you tap the button. He gets decent air off it, so it’s not like you have to mash
-building on the above, if you hit solid ground after wall bouncing and hold forward, he gains enough speed to break metal blocks from basically any distance
-he can super jump at any time, but still gotta charge
-while he has a standard butt stomp, if you press down while on his skateboard (just hitting Mach 2) he becomes a drill, and you can keep the drill active to go under narrow spots and break blocks without worrying about speed
-his uppercut has massive range, effectively a double jump
-he can still pick up and throw enemies, cancel momentum immediately by grabbing in the opposite direction, and other nerdy tricks

You get three Noise save slots, and while the levels seem the same so far, things have changed like dialogue from characters, or which characters even appear. Pretty good for a free update!