Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I've been slowly P ranking my way through the game and I've reached floor 4 now, and I think this has a strong chance of winding up my GOTY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Having finished 101%'ing the game, this is almost certainly my GOTY for 2023. The art is charming and consistently amusing, the soundtrack is filled with a wide variety of songs that are all amazing but most importantly the gameplay and level design just absolutely nail what it's going for. Controlling Peppino Spaghetti is generally very smooth & intuitive and the levels are, mostly hello Bloodsauce Dungeon, laid out really well to make going as fast as possible feel natural while almost every level has at least one unique mechanic or gimmick that doesn't get reused leading to your progress through the tower consistently feeling fresh.
It's just a game that's oozing with love and pizza the entire way through.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 20, 2023

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

Is 101% all achievements, P-Ranks and secrets?

P rank on every level including bosses and all the chef tasks, yes. Other than the John suit getting every secret treasure and completing the game in under 2 hours and 15 minutes and the clothes for beating the game twice I've done everything possible beyond self imposed challenges or speedrun attempts.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 20, 2023

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

widespread posted:

Is your 101% run Snotty Approved? Serious question.

Tragically no, by the time I realized that was a thing I'd already murdered the poor creature by accident, when I eventually go back and do it all again I'll be sure to get a real 101% file.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

yook posted:

What's with the wizard that shows up for a split second in the John Gutter level pillar room when you get there fast enough?

I'm pretty sure most of the levels have a brief instance of the pizza tower guy if you're going extremely quickly, it's just one of many little weird one off jokes I think?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

My big advice for P ranking the bosses, other than the 3rd floor one, is to just take it slow if it seems like it could be unsafe to try and get a hit in. Unlike the stages there's no time pressure what so ever to force you to go fast, and since most of the bosses have very consistent attack patterns based on how much hp they have left you can just let them cycle their attacks if it combines poorly with some of the more random elements that are added on top.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I'm pretty sure that phase's attack pattern is based on how many times you've hit them, if you don't attack them at all they'll just keep looping whatever attack(s) they just did.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Well this is a pleasant surprise, as good of an excuse as any to replay Pizza Tower.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Noise is different enough to feel good replaying the game, having finished only the first floor so far Bloodsauce Dungeon was ludicrously difficult as the Noise, the way he flows just does not mesh at all with that level and I hated that level to begin with. The music continues to be unreasonably good as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I have now beaten pizza tower, a third time. Noise was fun, Bloodsauce Dungeon was the hardest thing in the entire game by a huge margin, followed by the 2nd phase of the last boss while getting a P rank on everything.
Wonder how long until the new music gets added to the OST.