Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

pizza

With that out of the way, I am throwing my hat in this fun game. Already beaten it at 81% with both John AND Snotty Approved stickers. Game is still hella fun, even as I scream as my combo meter ends and my P becomes a basic bitch S.

Currently probably gonna wipe up the pizzachievements before I try getting the John suit and WAR camo.

Shootouts to the Golf level and the Don't Make A Sound level for having some of the most interesting loading screens, as seen here:

And of course, special mention to the last two bosses: Fake Peppino's Peppino Pizza 2, and Pizzahead's psychotic cartoony rear end.

Pigbuster posted:

I really hope we get more stuff beyond just playable Noise. I think they were planning co op at one point but I believe it got downgraded to "if we can make it work".

There was a trailer for playable Vigilante. And maybe more Gustavo and Brick Power Hour times.

Comedy options: Noisette and Snick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I think the Celeste x Pizza Tower pic got folks to do other crossovers.

... I'm having trouble finding suitable links to them but the Gordon Freeman one is pretty aces.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Einwand posted:

P rank on every level including bosses and all the chef tasks, yes. Other than the John suit getting every secret treasure and completing the game in under 2 hours and 15 minutes and the clothes for beating the game twice I've done everything possible beyond self imposed challenges or speedrun attempts.

Is your 101% run Snotty Approved? Serious question.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Einwand posted:

Tragically no, by the time I realized that was a thing I'd already murdered the poor creature by accident, when I eventually go back and do it all again I'll be sure to get a real 101% file.

You loving better.

SAME FOR THE REST OF YOU HERE. SNOTTY APPROVED OR BUST.

Here's mine with all Toppins and treasures.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Are the toppin-tronics in Don't Make A Sound too much? Now you too can make it OKTOBERFEST FOREVER.

I saw it on the PT Discord and yeah,, this might be good to share here too.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Augus posted:

I thought it was pretty silly when I saw people were bothered by the “jump scares” in that level since they’re so tame but I can get on board with this

I think I read somewhere that this can be read as "Peppino gets white girl wasted with the toppin-tronics and somehow gets himself stuck in one before sobering up".

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Doomykins posted:

Cleaned up my War runs enough to get the three achievements and gotta be my favorite level. Extra banging theme in an OST of full bangers, incredible rhythm and flow to movement, perfect late game level to really see how good you've gotten.

Almost got a last boss P Rank but got hit by a loving somersault recovery out of his vulnerability. You really can't hesitate on those, though I cleaned up my timing practicing to get my John Approved sticker so just a matter of time. Luckily the fights are such joy to do even multiple times in a row.

Gonna be sad when I'm mostly done with this game, what a gem.

There's also the Scoutdigo mod (only available through their discord). With hip new features like playable Noise and Vigilante, Arenas, DEATH MODE, and even a key hunt in the hub. The key hunt, I dunno what it leads to. I just know it's endgame stuff.

Getting in said discord requires you to own a copy of Pizza Tower on Steam, and it has to be manually verified by folks.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Doomykins posted:

Oh sweet. However where's the full game Gustavo mode????

I'd say also Scoutdigo buuuut it's not as polished

That said, gently caress that I'm going to play the Doise

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Dieting Hippo posted:

I figured I'd take a crack at modding the two problematic enemies, tribal cheese and Mr. Pinch, into new ones that still fit in their level's themes. The latter I'm planning on making a sewer clown that grabs and throws Peppino, but that's going to take a lot of custom sprite work to replace.

For now though I've got in Government Cheese which operate weather machines that control the thunderstorm clouds in the Oregano Desert. It felt like federal-agent-themed cheese slimes would be a better fit, since there's also the whole UFO segment toward the end of the level.

https://twitter.com/dietinghippo/status/1632373866738876417

At least we all can agree that the cheese should pog at Peppino

That said, wonder if you can also look at Noise's piledriver move

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Oh yeah, I should show this to prove that I sugar-coated Noise. As it turns out, parries are actually useful for no damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Reached the end of John Gutter with a 98-combo only to learn there's no third lap (despite being told "Don't worry if you miss something, just do a third lap")? No idea what enemy I missed but I was livid. Had to put the game down.

They're probably talking of the Lap 3 mod. Adds a new song in the form of Pillar John's Revenge. Lap 3 itself is simply eating any remaining escape timer, causing Pizzaface to spawn right where you do for Lap 2. However, some levels has Pizzaface malfunction and slow down because if they were to go normal speed, it would be literally impossible.

Also adds a 2nd ranking for Lap 3 completion, and a new victory screen if you beat Lap 3.