Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Einwand posted:

Tragically no, by the time I realized that was a thing I'd already murdered the poor creature by accident, when I eventually go back and do it all again I'll be sure to get a real 101% file.

:rip: Snotty, I threw him into The Noise the first chance I got and never looked back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

Should I be using a gamepad for this or continuing to use keyboard? I'm used to keyboard from my time playing other ancient old man platformers but I've heard peppino is a little more manageable using a controller

A controller with a good D-pad will go a long way. I've been using a USB Pokken controller and so far it's been pretty great. I've got charge on R, superjump on L, and ground slam on A (Nintendo A, B on Xbox) since that's not being used by any other actions in-game. Otherwise it's set up standard like any other controller.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

I figured I'd take a crack at modding the two problematic enemies, tribal cheese and Mr. Pinch, into new ones that still fit in their level's themes. The latter I'm planning on making a sewer clown that grabs and throws Peppino, but that's going to take a lot of custom sprite work to replace.

For now though I've got in Government Cheese which operate weather machines that control the thunderstorm clouds in the Oregano Desert. It felt like federal-agent-themed cheese slimes would be a better fit, since there's also the whole UFO segment toward the end of the level.

https://twitter.com/dietinghippo/status/1632373866738876417

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

ZZT the Fifth posted:

It's been a few months - did an actual mod ever come from this?

I got distracted by other things, but I did make more progress after that point (see below). Since then there's been a mod manager that came out, so installing this should be fairly easy once I get back around to it!

https://twitter.com/dietinghippo/status/1635199233774219264

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

I'm still terrible at getting P-ranks, but it felt nice to hop in after the longest time not playing and get an S-rank first try with The Noise. His moveset feels way more aggro than Peppino and it works so well.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I still would like to see this mod completed if you're still working on it. I've said this before, but "government cheese" is such a god-tier pun.

I wanna' see it completed too :negative: Last I remember I got burnt out on how many frames of animation I had to swap out, and it's a lot! I'll go dive back into my aseprite files and see what I had left and how modding is working now. Mods for Pizza Tower were in a weird spot so maybe it's way easier now for distributing. I also wanted to do level title and achievement graphics too just to make sure everything meshed together.