Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad3ELGjAG7c

Yes, it's back. For six episodes, weekly starting February 24th on Starz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
JIIIIIIIIIM ABBOTT!!

I'm so drat glad this show is getting revived for a bit.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
No lizzy caplan bums me out but season one and two are basically bulletproof so I really hope this is good too

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

"Hollow what?"

"Caust."

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Can't wait.

Hopefully we get another banger like My Struggle.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Also, no Lizzy Caplan? That's an RDD.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So so excited for this

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I forgot there was a Party Down episode of Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes On Television, in addition to that one episode of Childrens Hospital.

There's probably other shows that have been randomly brought back as many, if not more, times as this one, but I think it's a testament to the cast's chemistry that they've had so many returns already.

Which is a long way of saying that there's no way, no loving way, that Lizzie Caplan doesn't have a thirty second cameo of some kind, even if it's just over zoom.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hughmoris posted:

Also, no Lizzy Caplan? That's an RDD.

What's an RDD? It's a huge bummer for sure. She is funny as hell and was a great character. I hope they gave her char a good send off

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's an RDD? It's a huge bummer for sure. She is funny as hell and was a great character. I hope they gave her char a good send off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRAnvx_xeSQ

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's an RDD? It's a huge bummer for sure.

Fake fan alert

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
What part is flanks? Is it vagina?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Do Do Ron Donald Dos but don't do Ron Donald Donts

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

I'm rewatching this for the first time in 10+ years after forgetting most of it, it's wild how well 95% of the jokes still hold up. Just about to start season 2, then looking forward to finishing that and jumping straight to the new episodes soon for a real fun timeskip.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Looking forward to posting through a hopefully good season

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Premiere is up, I guess on Starz’ web whatever? It’s real good stuff, although has to do a lot of heavy lifting getting everyone back together, so I imagine later episodes will improve. Still I laughed a bunch so hooray!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I can't believe this thread doesn't have more posts! This show came back and did not miss a single beat. Definitely a lot of setup in the first episode and I'm curious how the whole gang will end up back as caterers. The little twist at the end of the episode cracked me up.

These characters are just so well defined that everyone makes perfect sense where they are, ten years later.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

MokBa posted:

I can't believe this thread doesn't have more posts!

It's happening again, they got the whole gang back together and everyone is at the top of their game and no one is watching. That's okay, I survived the show being ignored by the entire world back in 2009 or whatever and I'll survive it this time too, and I'll be one of the three people watching in 2037 when they try to revive it again. I hope you'll be there too.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Great episode; love a show where you can see all the wheels turning and the gears clashing, rather than the random well-that-happened bullshit genre.

If you want your Caplan fix watch Fleishman Is In Trouble.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Only Kindness posted:

Great episode; love a show where you can see all the wheels turning and the gears clashing, rather than the random well-that-happened bullshit genre.

Yeah, Spondoolie shows (Veronica Mars, iZombie, etc.) are always really tightly constructed pieces, though occasionally you end up with stuff like this where it's a waaaay overdetermined -- though the second season Veronica Mars premier still takes the cake.

Very funny though, and happy to see Jennifer Garner back on screen, and in a funny role too. Lady has surplus charisma.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

got a pretty big lol at my struggle being a major plot point

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
How they write out Casey? I saw up to the title and thought they were on the right track. I like that kyle made it, he was always so affably stupid

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
What is this "Party Down" show you are talking about? Never heard of it. Are you sure you aren't imagining it? Surely, if such a show would exists, everyone would be watching it, right?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Are we having fun yet? Yes, we are. That "getting put in a train, getting tattoo a number and being shot in the head, total Hollywood experience obviously" line was the most Hollywood line.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

How they write out Casey? I saw up to the title and thought they were on the right track. I like that kyle made it, he was always so affably stupid

She got a spot on SNL and dumped Henry. You see some stills of her in the episode, but that's it.

He's (re?)married now.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The biggest laugh for me was the very final scene. "2020 is going to be my greatest year" and then cut to COVID announcement

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Ron should have made a killing on PPP loans but I guess his lawyer blooped over that too.

It's a great premiere.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

"I'm a high school English teacher"
"Cool, on what show?"

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
Yeah that was a strong opening episode got plenty of laughs from me. Only six episodes and no Lizzy Caplan is a bummer but something is better than nothing. Excited for the rest of the season!

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I binged through the original run when I heard this was coming back on. Never watched it before but drat if it wasn't a great show.

The first episode was perfect. I wish Lizzy Caplan was coming back but drat if it wasn't just like the old episodes.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Not really sure if this is spoiler material so I’ll do it anyways: I do hope if they’re going to pull Henry back into catering there’s a drat good reason for it. I couldn’t quite get a read on where he stood in that regarding where he’s at in life.

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

god the ending. perfect

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Great episode. It felt weirdly seamless considering it's been nearly 13 years. I'm really happy to have them all back.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

holefoods posted:

Not really sure if this is spoiler material so I’ll do it anyways: I do hope if they’re going to pull Henry back into catering there’s a drat good reason for it. I couldn’t quite get a read on where he stood in that regarding where he’s at in life.

I assume they're going to use the COVID ending as an opportunity to rope people in. I think I read somewhere that Henry's return to catering is a side hustle thing; "extra cash because of economic collapse" feels like a logical justification for him.

Spoilers for both E1 of Party Down S3 and Season 2 of the HBOMax original series "The Other Two": I was kind of disappointed that they used the exact same COVID ending gag as The Other Two's S2 finale, but if it's the plot mechanic that's going to let everyone return to working at Party Down then I think it makes sense

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

holefoods posted:

I think the gag could just be that it makes more money than teaching

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

xbilkis posted:

Spoilers for both E1 of Party Down S3 and Season 2 of the HBOMax original series "The Other Two": I was kind of disappointed that they used the exact same COVID ending gag as The Other Two's S2 finale, but if it's the plot mechanic that's going to let everyone return to working at Party Down then I think it makes sense

Haha, I thought the exact same thing too. Especially since Ken Marino is also in The Other Two.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It feels like Henry is gonna be divorced in the 14 months of COVID based off the conversation with his wife and teaching is a nightmare.

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012
me after watching that episode
https://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/gqzoe0/til_that_the_latin_word_for_left_hand_is_sinister/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Maybe I'm missing the obvious (highly likely) but what's that ref to einstein being a patent clerk and Kyle being like "he wasn't in the army"? (season 1, ep 4 I think, the investor)

Also dead forum and all but man it's depressing how little fanfare this season's gotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

I barely ever post, but I must say that the second episode tells me that this one is back firing on all cylinders.