Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

What's Party Dowm, with an M?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:laffo: unbelievably great episode. this poo poo really back

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Maybe I'm missing the obvious (highly likely) but what's that ref to einstein being a patent clerk and Kyle being like "he wasn't in the army"? (season 1, ep 4 I think, the investor)

Also dead forum and all but man it's depressing how little fanfare this season's gotten.

Just watched that episode last night. I took the line as Kyle hearing Einstein was a clerk for Patton. I’m probably wrong though, because that seems a little too knowledgeable for the character.

I don’t have Starz, but am making my way through the first two seasons for the first time in over a decade and I agree they hold up. Glad to hear season three is solid.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Escobarbarian posted:

:laffo: unbelievably great episode. this poo poo really back

Yep, it's back on track. Loved it (but it's a shame Lizzie's not here).

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Latest episode is great. I definitely feel the quality carried over and they are hitting the ground running.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dinosaurs! posted:

Just watched that episode last night. I took the line as Kyle hearing Einstein was a clerk for Patton. I’m probably wrong though, because that seems a little too knowledgeable for the character.

I don’t have Starz, but am making my way through the first two seasons for the first time in over a decade and I agree they hold up. Glad to hear season three is solid.

That's probably it. He might not know the history one way or the other but he probably had seen patton, surely

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I still can’t believe how funny that last episode was. 13 years and they didn’t miss a beat

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

It's also great to see people who just love the show they're doing. It comes through in the performances. Everyone wants to be there.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I mean that's how the original show got made. It had no budget but everyone in it just wanted to make something good and funny.

It really is miraculous that it feels pretty much exactly the same, but updated for 2023. They threaded the needle perfectly.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm enjoying the show in a different way than before when I was still working service industry and picking up catering gigs. The laughs don't carry as much weight, they float a little higher if that makes sense lol

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Khanstant posted:

I'm enjoying the show in a different way than before when I was still working service industry and picking up catering gigs. The laughs don't carry as much weight, they float a little higher if that makes sense lol

I never experienced that, but I can see why, if you're working that exact industry, it might hit even harder in a tactile way. Still, I think the show is just as relevant because it understands that the emotional experience of working with ridiculous people in a ridiculous world is universally accurate, and proceeds to nail it.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

The chef lady is fantastic, what a perfect weirdo to add to the group

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
LMAO the runner about the CW's Lost Boys reboot.

Really loving solid. Feels so odd that it's, yeah, exactly the same loving show.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

holefoods posted:

Her triumphant look as the former child actor freaks out was perfect. Stunning act of necromancy to bring this show back in fine form after thirteen years, and I only wish they had gone for a full season.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

holefoods posted:

I laughed for a full couple of minutes after her little fist pump

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
I liked the first two episodes very much. And I'm kind of glad it's a weekly release, because this is the sort of thing where I'd be wrestling with myself about not wanting to binge the whole thing too fast.

Anyone else recognize Gwart in the kitchen in the premiere? I always like seeing her pop up in stuff.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

One thing that hosed me up about the episode is that Henry took two Percocets and was shown taking at least one shot. Dude must have some serious tolerance to be standing and lucid and speaking clearly. I mixed those things once and straight up fell over.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I am really enjoying this season so far. It's hit the ground running with episode 2 and can't wait to see where things go.

I also started rewatching the first season, and as of episode 6 the number of up and coming stars is amazing. Shame about episode 5's award winner have to go tending mushrooms.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Another drat good episode. Some great Henry stuff and the biggest guest star I won’t spoil was funny as hell

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I was about to be really mad at this show pulling a "see, both sides are extreme and stupid!" only to totally reverse it and show that no, that's literally just more nazis pretending to be leftist protesters. This episode felt like the perfect sequel to "California College Conservative Union Caucus", showing just how much political discourse has changed in the last 14 years.

Also the moment I saw Nick Offerman I thought, "wow I really want his shirt"... until I noticed the matching pants.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Okay, that was a stone cold classic. Up there with the theatre ep or the high school reunion, IMO.

MokBa posted:

This episode felt like the perfect sequel to "California College Conservative Union Caucus", showing just how much political discourse has changed in the last 14 years.

Oh yeah, it absolutely felt like a companion piece. Wonder if they originally wanted Jason Dohring back as the divorced husband.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MokBa posted:

I was about to be really mad at this show pulling a "see, both sides are extreme and stupid!" only to totally reverse it and show that no, that's literally just more nazis pretending to be leftist protesters.

Yeah I loving loved this lol. Was worried for a second but the reveal was excellent

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah I loving loved this lol. Was worried for a second but the reveal was excellent

"Ah, the classic false flag. Three dimensional chess!" got a solid involuntary snort from me for sure.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
This show keeps threading the needle perfectly.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I was loving dying at the gag with Ron ramming the tray into the wall

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

I liked the not-Jorp speaker in the background, but I feel like Nick Offerman maybe didn’t learn any lessons from Parks and Rec

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
This was the funniest episode since Nick DiCinto’s Orgy Night. I am really not surprised that Alex Trimbolli ended up fash after being a lying little snitch and claiming he got a handjob at summer camp.

Also Zoe Chao is such a good addition to the cast, like a perfect mix of Lizzy Caplan and Jennifer Coolidge.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

blue squares posted:

The biggest laugh for me was the very final scene. "2020 is going to be my greatest year" and then cut to COVID announcement

Saved by the Bell reboot also did this

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

beefart posted:

This was the funniest episode since Nick DiCinto’s Orgy Night. I am really not surprised that Alex Trimbolli ended up fash after being a lying little snitch and claiming he got a handjob at summer camp.

I still laugh to myself about the CGI recreation of the handjob

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

A fake meme that feels scarily accurate.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

beefart posted:

I am really not surprised that Alex Trimbolli ended up fash after being a lying little snitch and claiming he got a handjob at summer camp.

Ohh that's where I recognized that guy from!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

He’s a bootleg domhnall gleeson

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Edward Mass posted:

A fake meme that feels scarily accurate.

Honestly the closest fictional thing I’ve seen to accurately depicting Gen Z memes

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
The Nazi episode might be the best and funniest 30 mins of television ever made

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
When the 1st episode started it was hard not to notice the main cast had aged, so halfway when Ron's silver hair dye started leaking down his head and it turned out he looked exactly the same I was loving dying.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Ron picking up the remaining tray, carefully turning around and smacking it into the wall was very good

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
does Roman feel slightly off to anyone else or is it just me? obviously it's been over a decade so people aren't going to be exactly the same, but he just feels different in a way that the others don't to me.

The show is still good, don't get me wrong

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Paperhouse posted:

does Roman feel slightly off to anyone else or is it just me? obviously it's been over a decade so people aren't going to be exactly the same, but he just feels different in a way that the others don't to me.

He seems more at peace with things, weirdly. He can't help but pick fights with people, because he's a tedious pedant and it's just in his nature to get into battles over pointless poo poo, but he also just seems more chill about his job. There's no desperation there that the other characters have, he doesn't need to be recognised or achieve anything -- not in his lifetime at least. He's got his audience and he's got his little goal that he's steadily working towards, which means that he's fully settled into his life and he's not constantly feeling needled by Kyle as a result (plus Kyle's on a downswing so Roman would have less to feel insecure about anyway).

He's won, in his own little way. Kinda funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Paperhouse posted:

The show is still good, don't get me wrong

The actor is carrying over the same energy he had in Silicon Valley, which is none. He at least had SOME energy in the first two seasons of Party Down but now it's largely likely watching wallpaper talk.