Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
So are Henry and Evie not gonna try and make a long distance thing work? I liked them together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Robobot posted:

So are Henry and Evie not gonna try and make a long distance thing work? I liked them together.

I liked Evie too, but she did feel a little bit like a stand in for Casey. I wonder if they always had an eye on one more season where Lizzy Caplan could actually come back - some of the actors have talked about this and the ending definitely set it up

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I’m choosing to believe they secretly shot 12 episodes and the second season is gonna come out next year.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Anyone else get really, really emotional during the finale? I'm approaching 40 and Henry's arc hit so hard.

Met up with a whole bunch of college friends a few weeks ago and it felt so close to this. Some of us didn't end up anywhere near where they thought they'd be, but are pretty content. Folks like me ended up... adjacent to what our dreams once were and feel fulfilled. And in our group there were two people who "made it" and confirmed that it has made no real difference to their daily happiness whatsoever.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

just caught up on this, and the new season is truly a miracle

Narcissus1916 posted:

Anyone else get really, really emotional during the finale? I'm approaching 40 and Henry's arc hit so hard.
I turn 40 this year and one of the big things I've had to learn is to recognise when you have a Good Enough thing in life, so this definitely resonated with me too.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Really great season, impressive to pull it off this long after while delivering new gags and a new emotional angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Pretty cool that we got a third (short) season after all this time. Episodes were good. Not as good as the first two seasons.....but definitely enjoyable. Here's hoping for another one (or more).