Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Gun stream in 10 http://twitch.tv/Bungie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

lol the ultimate reward will be the superblack shader

e: System to attune to a weapon to make it more likely to drop, so just going to assume no crafting for this series of weapons lmao

100 more vault slots in TFS. Nice.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 26, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
100 more vault slots in TFS.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wild it’s 2024 and we still have to deal with vault space.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Luna's Howl is back as a 140 Precision Frame, Magnificent Howl is some whacky combination of Hawkmoon and Kill Clip right now.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Rocket jumping with mountain top?!?!?!

(Micro missile is it's own frame type too)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
All the overpowered pinnacle weapons have been reworked, it sounds like. Good, because being overpowered is why they were sunset

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

It's a lot easier to add extra vault space than spend the time making the vault UI usable enough for players to actually be able to find anything in it. You still can't sort by weapon type, or do literally any amount of filtering, so sure, throw a bandaid on the pile of bandaids that is the vault.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Boo, the "limited edition" ornament is locked to the weapon it drops on, so it's not just something you need to unlock.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Truspeaker posted:

It's a lot easier to add extra vault space than spend the time making the vault UI usable enough for players to actually be able to find anything in it. You still can't sort by weapon type, or do literally any amount of filtering, so sure, throw a bandaid on the pile of bandaids that is the vault.

I believe the answer to this is "ui is too hard so just use the app" lol

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Battuta, are you still lurking? I think you said Bungie didn't hire you to write anything for Final Shape, so I'm not optimistic on the story at atll.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Failson posted:

Battuta, are you still lurking? I think you said Bungie didn't hire you to write anything for Final Shape, so I'm not optimistic on the story at atll.
Apparently the collectors edition lore is good, so I suspect that (a) they paid him to unfuck it and (b) is probably under some kind of NDA.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Not really comfortable with this implicit view that Battuta is the only good writer Destiny has ever had tbh. Game is and always has been written by a large team with changing membership

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

Not really comfortable with this implicit view that Battuta is the only good writer Destiny has ever had tbh. Game is and always has been written by a large team with changing membership

Which is something the man himself constantly stresses.........

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I also don't really like the vibe of like trying to "pry" information out of insiders which feels like it's become a thing from time to time when goons know someone might have gossip.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

haveblue posted:

Wasn't he hired to do the Ikora booklet that came with Witch Queen? I'm going mostly on that and the praise from BYF's video, which gives off similar kind of vibes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVuissDS-aM

Not saying he's 'the only good writer' by far, but this does sound like his sort of subject and it's something he's done and has been well recieved before.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

If I'm being honest I'm not crazy about the weapon set having two pulse rifles, two handcannons, and two variants of currently available raid weapons. Feel almost like they could have made more interesting choices? Like Trophy Hunter instead of Succession.

e: Hung Jury is also another weird choice given it's been available for a good while now.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 26, 2024

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I never played Black Armory and don't have the time or motivation to raid (yet?) so being able to get Forbearance and any unsuspecting friends into the game with the free powerful cap chest seems extremely good to me

As a returning/casual player I am most definitely the target demographic. Hard to sympathise for complaints about a sizeable and entirely free content drop though

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

haveblue posted:

Not really comfortable with this implicit view

lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Thinking posted:

I never played Black Armory and don't have the time or motivation to raid (yet?) so being able to get Forbearance and any unsuspecting friends into the game with the free powerful cap chest seems extremely good to me

As a returning/casual player I am most definitely the target demographic. Hard to sympathise for complaints about a sizeable and entirely free content drop though

Forbearance dropped from Vow of the Disciple (and still does). Hammerhead and Blast Furnace are the ones from the Black Armory set

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Apparently the collectors edition lore is good, so I suspect that (a) they paid him to unfuck it and (b) is probably under some kind of NDA.

Nope, was not involved. There are other good writers!

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

haveblue posted:

Forbearance dropped from Vow of the Disciple (and still does). Hammerhead and Blast Furnace are the ones from the Black Armory set

Yeah sorry I didn't word that very well. There are a lot of complaints about it just being returning weapons and then weapons that people can already get (Forbearance & Succession), so it's a bad content drop. I was trying to say I wasn't around for some of the older content, plus I don't raid and thus don't have Succ and Forbearance, so I'm pretty happy about the available weapons overall.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They should give us a kinetic Jotunn to go annoy people in pvp in with the Black Armory weapons coming back

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Your wish is granted! "Mountain Top"

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
un-sunsetting recluse is so funny man

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I feel like I might be the only person, but I wish they un-sunset this gun: https://www.light.gg/db/items/717150101/braytech-rwp-mk-ii/

I LOVED that gun back in the day.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i have incredible news for you about polaris lance

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

i have incredible news for you about polaris lance

They are making it a legendary?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Watching that reveal stream with the long upgrade track that apparently ends with the Superblack Shader just reminded me it's been like three years since 30th Anniversary dropped and I still don't have the Forerunner catalyst.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

We're supposed to be sharing the rock anyway

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mesadoram posted:

They are making it a legendary?

it's already basically a legendary!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

it's already basically a legendary!

:smith:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Plink plink plink plink plonk

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's funny that "Exotic" was originally a penalty on a weapon (ie you can't equip two of them), but now that Exotic Primaries are the only thing that can cut through those big fat red bars, "Exotic" is the single most important perk on a PvE Primary

Also it's weird that there are like 15 legendary high impact scouts and none of 'em are solar

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also it's weird that there are like 15 legendary high impact scouts and none of 'em are solar

Yup, it's quite annoying as I do love scout rifles.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The big problem with "always run an exotic primary" is it also means "never run exotic special or heavy" and that sucks cause a lot of those are very fun and good. And double special got nerfed so that isn't a thing.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Oxyclean posted:

If I'm being honest I'm not crazy about the weapon set having two pulse rifles, two handcannons, and two variants of currently available raid weapons. Feel almost like they could have made more interesting choices? Like Trophy Hunter instead of Succession.

e: Hung Jury is also another weird choice given it's been available for a good while now.

The set is also very void-heavy

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Polaris lance has carried this little baby through so many solo master lost sectors :kiddo:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Thinking posted:

Polaris lance has carried this little baby through so many solo master lost sectors :kiddo:

It let me solo the last mission for the Thorn quest.

That loving eye...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

just read the cliff notes of the stream. "yeah we wanted to do an all-stars run of destiny weapons" ok but no perfect paradox??? are you loving kidding me lmao