Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

just read the cliff notes of the stream. "yeah we wanted to do an all-stars run of destiny weapons" ok but no perfect paradox??? are you loving kidding me lmao

Steelfeather, Breach Light and Paradox not coming back is a loving crime :colbert:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

TFS had better involve a reprise of the dawn weapons or i will be huffy

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bring back salad man vergil

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Kith posted:

just read the cliff notes of the stream. "yeah we wanted to do an all-stars run of destiny weapons" ok but no perfect paradox??? are you loving kidding me lmao

But it's okay, we're getting Hung Jury again :jerkbag:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
There are going to be two concurrent versions of Hung Jury while they are never going to have a sandbox where scouts are allowed to be good because then you might be too far away from the boss stomp.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Ok I'm in love with Consecration, Pyrogale Gauntlets and Parasite with an Incadescent special on Solar Titan

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ex post facho posted:

Ok I'm in love with Consecration, Pyrogale Gauntlets and Parasite with an Incadescent special on Solar Titan

The Parasite is so hilarious. I made this build around and I love it dearly: https://dim.gg/6hrievi/Epsilon

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

ex post facho posted:

me too OP

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I like Hung Jury, but it feels like such an odd choice to pull something that we have already, like not even sunset. If they're grabbing Forge weapons and want a Scout desperately they have No Feelings right there, which at least people haven't interacted with recently or can focus *right now*.

Same with Succession and Forbearance. I get they want people to have access to some good guns, but those guns are here now, and craftable, but with different Origin Traits and perk pools. So we have multiple versions of current guns, with the same name and types.

Why not Hush, or Broadsword, or Steelfeather or something? I feel like there's a lot of things they could have just grabbed and reworked that would have hit home more than "guns you can literally get right now, except we tweaked them slightly and no patterns".

Other than that Onslaught looks fun, some of the guns look fun, Mountaintop being a rocket jump gun intrinsically is rad. I'm most keen to see what QoL changes we're getting tho, overall.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Steelfeather, Breach Light and Paradox not coming back is a loving crime :colbert:.

Especially with them doing the Dawn Armour set thing starting this week it's weird how absent every one of those weapons still is.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kith posted:

No FelWinter’s Lie either

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Make that the next comp reward while also fixing Shot Package to actually be different.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
If they wanted Succession and Forbearance to be accessible to non-raiders, literally all they had to do was make the solo-farmable secret chests in DSC and Vow drop everything whether you've gotten it or not, like the Morgeth and Shuro Chi chests.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

PERMACAV 50 posted:

If they wanted Succession and Forbearance to be accessible to non-raiders, literally all they had to do was make the solo-farmable secret chests in DSC and Vow drop everything whether you've gotten it or not, like the Morgeth and Shuro Chi chests.

Honestly just make all Raid chests like that. That's how I got a couple of the Last Wish patterns and it's great, i'd love it if Root got that treatment too :allears:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

more like poo poo package

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Kith posted:

more like poo poo package

An apt description of Lightfall.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I think they want non-raiders to have Forbearance and Succession before TFS, not two years from now

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

So based on the developer blog that just came out, only like half of the guns they showed will be available the 9th and the rest will come out once a week through May 21st. Timegating is dumb as hell.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

not to mention hung jury being in the initial set.

someone pointed out this means there's only going to be 2 weeks to farm a limited edition for the last weapon in the set.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Polaris Lance is hilarious in GM. You mean I can just plink poo poo from even further away? And they blow up? And I just win and collect loot?

Yay.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Coward

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Real guardians play one two punch liars handshake hunter.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

mountaintop with ALH and Recombination. what a loving world

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

The timegating sucks, but god I am excited for Rampage + Onslaught Hammerhead. That's going to be disgusting! And Blast Furnace being able to get Kinetic Tremors in the first column and then the likes of Rampage, Kill Clip, and Firefly in the right means it's going to be real silly!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Kith posted:

mountaintop with ALH and Recombination. what a loving world
4 seconds for 2 in the pipe. I'll take that.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Collateral Damage posted:

4 seconds for 2 in the pipe. I'll take that.
Reconstruction is the multiple shots perk, Recombination is "kill things with other abilities/guns to get stacks, cash out at recombination x8 to do a significant amount of additional damage"

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Recombination is a total of 10 stacks for 10% each (5% PvP), so nuke 10 red bars and your next shot gets +100% damage. Which is swell for not having to do anything except shoot guys.

I'm a big fan of "shoot mans get bonuses" perks. Stats/One For All, Recombination, Rampage and it's ilk, etc. Just shoots doods and get bigger numbers, it's nice. Things like Firing Line, or Golden Tricorn x2 might be better perks, but not easier than "shoot gun" which I like.

Then there's things like Reconstruction, Autoloading Holster, Moving Target and even Hipfire Grip, which vary in effectiveness but the required action is "nothing really" which is awesome.

We love a groovy perk combo that requires an engine to achieve max DPS, but sometimes a gun that you just shoot and does everything itself is the ultimate smooth brain massager.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Sestze posted:

Reconstruction is the multiple shots perk, Recombination is "kill things with other abilities/guns to get stacks, cash out at recombination x8 to do a significant amount of additional damage"
I always get those mixed up.

Is there any gun that can roll ALH + Reconstruction anyway? I figure any gun that has both probably has them in the same column.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Collateral Damage posted:

I always get those mixed up.

Is there any gun that can roll ALH + Reconstruction anyway? I figure any gun that has both probably has them in the same column.

there do not appear to be any, based on light.gg's god roll finder tool

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I want the mountain top because I feel like I don't have a go to explosive weapon for stasis. I would use that explosive side arm from the dungeon, but I didn't run the dungeon yet so yeah.

The falling guillotine looks like it is going to be insane.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i want the new mountaintop because apparently its damage has been increased by a whopping ~56% AND its self-damage blast radius has been significantly reduced

i'm always on the lookout for a nice kinetic special weapon that i can pull and blast a particularly annoying major with and it used to be a shotgun and it's currently the strand fusion rifle but if i can get a gun that can be useful in close-range AND perform long-range if i need it? hoo boy that's going to LIVE in my kinetic slot unless i run into poo poo that requires precision damage

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

i want the new mountaintop because apparently its damage has been increased by a whopping ~56% AND its self-damage blast radius has been significantly reduced

i'm always on the lookout for a nice kinetic special weapon that i can pull and blast a particularly annoying major with and it used to be a shotgun and it's currently the strand fusion rifle but if i can get a gun that can be useful in close-range AND perform long-range if i need it? hoo boy that's going to LIVE in my kinetic slot unless i run into poo poo that requires precision damage

Wait, they buffed the damage? I thought they nerfed it. Holy poo poo that is awesome.

I saw an hoarfrost+salvation grip build I wanted to test out and the mountain is going to be thd cherry on top. Knowing that it can be more than just an ice shatter machine makes me so happy :unsmith:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mesadoram posted:

Wait, they buffed the damage? I thought they nerfed it. Holy poo poo that is awesome.

I saw an ice mantle+salvation grip build I wanted to test out and the mountain is going to be thd cherry on top. Knowing that it can be more than just an ice shatter machine makes me so happy :unsmith:

according to people who pay way too much attention to videos, yes, it's very slapular

they also mentioned that this is not including if it can get spike grenades, which would be a significant increase to damage if it can roll them

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

according to people who pay way too much attention to videos, yes, it's very slapular

they also mentioned that this is not including if it can get spike grenades, which would be a significant increase to damage if it can roll them

Vorpal and auto loading on a kinetic grenade/mini-rocket launcher :allears:. Shame it is not craftable, but holy poo poo I will NEED to get one.

Also, the inspiration for the stasis titan build: https://old.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/1bnckxw/salvations_grip/

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

frankly vorpal is nothing. a passive 10% damage bonus is cute but recombination can get a 10% damage bonus from one (1) redbar kill and can stack up to 100%. unless you're using mountaintop for extended boss dps, in which case i'm very sorry that you have not gotten any purple bricks in the last year

anyway here's the obligatory reddit post breakdown of the weapon podcast, holding many juicy details. my favorite in particular is this:

quote:

All ITL weapons only have the Indomitability Origin Trait, no other Origin Traits will roll on them
ITL Forbearance and Succession versions do not roll with their respective Raid Origin Traits Bray Inheritance and Souldrinker
Original (Raid) Forbearance and Succession versions are not having their perks refreshed or receiving the Indomitability Origin Trait, but remain acquirable and craftable as usual

Forbearance is one of the best guns in the game because it heals you, so it's interesting that they're replacing Souldrinker with something else. also worth noting that Indomitability on Succession is strictly inferior to Bray Inheritance, as it requires kills whereas Inheritance only requires hits.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

frankly vorpal is nothing. a passive 10% damage bonus is cute but recombination can get a 10% damage bonus from one (1) redbar kill and can stack up to 100%. unless you're using mountaintop for extended boss dps, in which case i'm very sorry that you have not gotten any purple bricks in the last year

That does sound better than vorpal :hmmyes:.

It's a little upsetting they are time gating some of these weapons, hopefully they will walk that back and make them all grindable right away.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

yeah the time gate is ridiculously stupid. the community is Big Mad about it and hopefully bungie listens.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Vorpal is 15% for special weapons for the record.

So is Desperate Measures basically "Tricorn but 1) Element neutral, 2) Refreshable"?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

So is Desperate Measures basically "Tricorn but 1) Element neutral, 2) Refreshable"?

And 20% for primaries for all three people using primaries on mini bosses!

Also yes, looks like the stacks are smaller, and made via ability kills, but can refresh the timer with regular kills. From what I've inferred anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

MJeff posted:

gently caress. poo poo. my numbers