Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I prefer Souldrinker to the abiltiy regen traits but this change to chain reaction might make the waveframes feel pretty weak

Chain Reaction is being reworked to accommodate it being added to other weapons (like Glaives in the future) - these changes are coming in TFS
Special-ammo weapons:

15% smaller detonation radius
20% reduced damage

Heavy-ammo weapons:
Keeps the current detonation radius sandbox values
30% increased damage
"Heavy GLs will be significantly better at add-clear than Special GLs"

Seems like they're trying to rein in how easy add clear is with Forbearance in particular

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

syntaxfunction posted:

And 20% for primaries for all three people using primaries on mini bosses!

Hey, works like a charm for Malfesance.

Waroduce posted:

I prefer Souldrinker to the abiltiy regen traits but this change to chain reaction might make the waveframes feel pretty weak

Chain Reaction is being reworked to accommodate it being added to other weapons (like Glaives in the future) - these changes are coming in TFS
Special-ammo weapons:

20% reduced damage

Heavy-ammo weapons:
30% increased damage

Seems like they're trying to rein in how easy add clear is with Forbearance in particular

Oh jesus, that is steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

But, are Compressed Wave Frames gonna be the best ad clear in the game now?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

We still have more news to share next week about Destiny 2: Into the Light! Our dev team will gather for a third livestream on April 2 at 10 AM PT to finish the series with a bang. Here's the quick summary of the topics we will touch on:

The return of two classic Exotic missions.
A preview of the three new PvP maps arriving in May.
A new PvE challenge we call Pantheon.
And more.

Any guesses on what exotic missions we'll be getting? I assume Hawkmoon is probably likely since it's more recent and probably doesn't need much tweaking/rebalancing, but the other could be a return of Zero Hour or Whisper - though Ive heard someone also suggest Bad Juju could also get the same treatment?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
One would think Harbinger is definitely one of them. I'm having a hard time thinking of if there's anything else besides Zero Hour or Whisper. Bad Juju is a good shout.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
API activity and ornament sales would suggest that the whisper mission is coming back, which makes sense since it's still in the game file

Man, I feel like Bungie analytics revealed That Special ammo grenade launchers were used a lot, and purple ammo grenade launchers were not used much. And they misinterpreted the data to mean they should Nerf Special ammo grenade launchers

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

One of the returning missions is whisper, no contest. They had the whisper of the worm rifle always on display behind the devs seat. That's not subtle.

But still this timegating bullshit definitely has taken a bit of wind out of my sails for the update. They literally cannot help themselves for always tripping at the finish line.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'd like to see Thorn go back to having an exotic mission, its reputation was so hyped in previous versions because there was a story to getting it, whereas now its just the gun that's a worse version of Osteo Striga in every way.

E: Probably Hawkmoon since they can recycle EDZ assets and Zero Hour since they're working on tower / city assets anyway. .

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There aren't actually all that many exotic quests that take the form of a single one-and-done mission where you get your hands on it at the end. Other than Avalon and Starcrossed, both of which are shoo-ins when their seasons get vaulted, and the 4 that have already been named, the pickings are pretty slim. Thorn, maybe? The Last Word? Both of them have some public space tasks that could get cut. Bastion? I'm not sure that mission would make any sense at all removed from context.

Then you get to the question of how you would make those weapons craftable without making them totally broken. And bringing back those seasons' other weapons to pad out the loot table

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm pretty sure the missions lined up/expected for the exotic mission rotator is just the ones that were formally treated as missions unto themselves - not open world faffing. Whisper, Zero, Hawkmoon and maybe Bad Juju and Ager's Scepter - they all had actual named missions attached to them that had some unique space/encounter/challenge.

It also dawns on me that part of the use of the exotic rotator was to offer a way to get old gun patterns - Presage got the weapons from Haunted rather then Chosen. But, Plunder is the only season that's currently unavailable. So either they stick world pool/non craftable guns on the new missions, Stick Plunder guns on one of them, or Deep/Witch guns on them. (Defiance and Wish will probably get associated with their associated exotic missions once TFS drops and the season get phased out)

I suppose Season of the Deep guns could actually fit with Whisper - there'd be an overlap in availability cause they're dropping them now though.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Pre patch Avalon was probably the most fun and one of the most challenging destiny pve experiences I've ever had apart from Master Exhibition

I cleared twice, one in a duo wo wishender cheese bc we didn't know about it and than in a trio with wishender

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

avalon was so loving good, i loved that poo poo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Obviously they should bring back the Felwinter's Lie mission, where you walked down a hall and listened to some exposition and then picked up the gun

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Kith posted:

avalon was so loving good, i loved that poo poo

Didn't you solo it pre-patch? Even if not, I remember being very impressed with how early you cleared solo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Day 1 legendary avalon doers know that solo was actually the easy way to do it

It was hosed at first and everything had too much health if you were in a duo or (god help you) a trio

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Day 1 legendary avalon doers know that solo was actually the easy way to do it

It was hosed at first and everything had too much health if you were in a duo or (god help you) a trio

Ya the scaling was all hosed up and everything had way too much health but I don't like to play solo. It's why I cleared duo first and than a trio just cause I like playing w others.

I also don't think it was much easier. The scaling was better but you still need to deal with the stupid fuckin codes and the wyvrens and the wyvern and the other wyverns and the traversal and than the final boss arena with the God drat turrets and the God drat wyverns

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

Obviously they should bring back the Felwinter's Lie mission, where you walked down a hall and listened to some exposition and then picked up the gun

"And the tyrant looked upon his tyranny and wept."

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Waroduce posted:

Didn't you solo it pre-patch? Even if not, I remember being very impressed with how early you cleared solo

ye. i had fun trying it w/ husbando so i figured i'd give it a shot solo, had even more fun, so i did solo legendary. i also discovered it was a very bad idea to post it to reddit because those fuckers get weird and vicious over the strangest things

Waroduce posted:

I also don't think it was much easier. The scaling was better but you still need to deal with the stupid fuckin codes and the wyvrens and the wyvern and the other wyverns and the traversal and than the final boss arena with the God drat turrets and the God drat wyverns

imo the hardest part about solo is managing consistent add clear but i didn't have much trouble with that for reasons everyone should understand. also lmao volatile rounds + retrofit escapade made bosses ez pz

Kith fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 29, 2024

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Avalon was pretty fun with the season artifact cause there was a lot of void synergy, and lots of void shields, and it was really satisfying rolling in with a Commeration and popping shields causing chain explosions and having poo poo loads of heavy ammo.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Void Titans with devour and volatile rounds and a Commemoration with repulsor brace and demolitionist :hellyeah:

It was probably a lot harder on any other class or subclass

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

im going to be honest with you. i dont roll devour. and i refuse to. it's warlock nerd poo poo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah I'm not really into the RP part of this RPG, but I know a few people who really don't like how similar all 3 classes have become. It makes sense that they want everyone to be able to swap between DPS, Tank, Healer, Add Clear etc without needing to have more than one character, but at some point it's like, why not just let you swap between 15 subclasses!

Exotic armor balancing, I guess

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
a nice thing about having a bazillion subclass options is that boring people like me can basically just self-identity as void or stasis hunters and only swap subclasses when they need to match a nightfall surge or something

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

a big part of why i don't run devour is because i like having 100x3 and also because controlled demolition provides plenty of healing as-is. volatile rounds lets me facetank a hydra, there's not much more that i need

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

full timegate reduced from May 21 to April 30th. so that's something

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I run devour because I run Gyrfalcon and tbh there's not a lot else I can do that isn't already in the loop, so might as well eat some orbs and life forces I guess.

If I could swap out devour for easier ways to suppress or weaken enemies I absolutely would, that would be hilarious. Gimme the ability to suppress on void special weapon hits or something lol

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I don't run devour because I run the assassin's guise which is basically devour.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kith posted:

full timegate reduced from May 21 to April 30th. so that's something

Where’s this posted?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Where’s this posted?

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/destiny2team/status/1773505113350681079

e: There's a pretty long thread with them giving more details if you're interested in reading it.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Kith posted:

im going to be honest with you. i dont roll devour. and i refuse to. it's warlock nerd poo poo

The rework for Mask of the Quiet One should have it grant devour on kills at low health.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

hard refuse. titans, despite being the originators of the volatile status, do not have a volatility exotic. if mask gets reworked, it should give volatile rounds or make volatile explosions more gooder or SOMETHING.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Waroduce posted:

Special-ammo weapons:

20% reduced damage

Heavy-ammo weapons:
30% increased damage

I'm far from an expert on Destiny 2 theorycrafting, but sounds like my unrelenting/golden tricorn forbearance will be just fine. Chain Reaction isn't absolutely necessary for good add clear, imho. And the heavy wave frame kinda sucks, since the wave is wider, but much shorter (from what I can tell), heavily limiting it's utility, again imho. Maybe with more damage, it will help, but since special ammo is going to remain more prevalent (unless they unwind the double-special nerf) I don't see a strong reason to trash my old forbearance rolls just yet.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Demo/chain reaction was the roll I wanted in the first place, so I’ll be perfectly content to farm one up.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Wave-frame special gls in general are great for add clear. Its just Chain Reaction is what really sets Forebearance apart. I have a couple Memory Interdicts with Chain Reaction and pre-buff those things were very strong. Combine the ammo buffs with the upcoming Heavy GL CR buff and that thing is going to be insane for add clear.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Demo/chain reaction was the roll I wanted in the first place, so I’ll be perfectly content to farm one up.

That's the exact roll I was eyeing up.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the brave forbearance will be better for grenade spam if you're on a light class since demo and the origin trait will be giving varying amounts of grenade energy per kill

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kith posted:

the brave forbearance will be better for grenade spam if you're on a light class since demo and the origin trait will be giving varying amounts of grenade energy per kill

Hmmmm. Maybe something with Spark of Discharge and Spark of Beacons?

Actually maybe Undercurrent would be better for that because Undercurrent can do Demo/Voltshot. Then you can add in Spark of Ions and just have an asinine amount of grenade uptime from Demo and the Ionic Traces.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

MJeff posted:

Hmmmm. Maybe something with Spark of Discharge and Spark of Beacons?

Actually maybe Undercurrent would be better for that because Undercurrent can do Demo/Voltshot. Then you can add in Spark of Ions and just have an asinine amount of grenade uptime from Demo and the Ionic Traces.

So I hear but I have yet to get anything but ad junkie or OFA in the fourth column :mad:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PERMACAV 50 posted:

So I hear but I have yet to get anything but ad junkie or OFA in the fourth column :mad:

My 18 Braytech Ospreys with Lasting Impression can sympathize. That'll be another 5 engrams.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The new Iron Banner Strand wave frame looks cool tho. Chain Reaction is near, but with changes to the hatchling perk it's gonna make so many threadlings and tangles :3

And tangles explode! Tbh I can see a *lot* coming from the wave frame for add-clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Man 6v6 sucks so bad now. Just handholding team shooting. 3v3 is much better though.