Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Blog Free or Die posted:

Retribution was funny AF as a crucible map, so claustrophobic. I wouldn't mind if they brought them all back.

Firebase Echo can stay at the back of the vault for all eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Add Asylum and Firebase Delphi back into D2 and most D2 PvP players would be very happy.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpWm8mIw8Bs
This looks annoying AF

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 25, 2024

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

probably still less annoying then scorn

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Aw yay, they're using the Splicer model and animation for that guy.

Here's to hoping!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Z-SYd-J5s

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bugs?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TWID is out. They sunsetted sunsetting for Final Shape

REMOVING POWER LIMITS FROM LEGACY GEAR

One problem we encountered when designing Fireteam Power was Power limits found on older gear items. You might have noticed as you read about Fireteam Power that the Adjusted Power shared by the Power Leader would sidestep the caps on old Power limited items, making it possible to ignore them. After thoroughly considering the problem space, we came to the decision to remove Power limits from all items starting in The Final Shape.

Always being able to play with your friends was a huge goal for us. As we close out the Light and Darkness saga, we want to rally all Guardians (active, returning, and new) to help fight the Witness, and there is no better way to play Destiny than with your fireteam. As we pursued this goal, it became apparent that Power limits were fundamentally incompatible with Fireteam Power.

We understand that many old Power limited items have been dismantled by this point, and we regret that we have no recovery mechanism for these. Going forward, we intend to reintroduce sources for most or all of these, updated to modern Destiny sandbox standards with added properties such as Origin Traits and buildcrafting perks (as we have started to do with the BRAVE arsenal in Destiny 2: Into the Light).

Also

ACCOUNT-WIDE POWER

Titan, Hunter, Warlock. Most of us play primarily just one, but what if it didn’t have to be so hard to walk in a different class’s shoes Greaves/Strides/Boots? We’re also lowering the barrier to entry to play multiple classes by introducing Account-Wide Power.

Starting in The Final Shape, the gear rewards you earn on any character will drop with a Power level relative to the highest Power character on your account. Level up the Power of your Hunter, and when you switch over to your Titan or Warlock, the gear rewards you earn will be around your Hunter’s level. The exact Power of rewards will still depend on the source, but the Power you earn on one character will positively influence rewards you find on your other characters!

Because cross-character Power progression is now intrinsic to the game, Power Boosts are no longer offered for sale. Campaign Skips will still be available for alt characters. These changes aim to make switching between characters and classes easier than ever before, so try something new and put on that Mark/Cloak/Bond for the first time!

Link

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 25, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well at least I saved a few of them

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My first question is "why not just remove power altogether?" but in reading this, I think it's pretty clear that removing power is their goal. This rework is just to make it a smoother transition for when power is totally ousted in a year or so

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Well the main reason I’d want sunsetting gone is so I could have back my Mountaintop and I just got an even better version of that but hey this is still very cool. Luke Smith retire bitch.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Time to dust off all those year 2/3 museum pieces I kept in my vault.

Looks like Breachlight's back on the menu, boys!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Pinnacle Cap of 2000, but Grandmasters are a player-level 2020 activity

+20 power from the artifact? That's way too much grinding

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Finally, it's the broken Traveler's Chosen and the Sorrow's time to shine again, going to use them to kill the Witness

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Pinnacle Cap of 2000, but Grandmasters are a player-level 2020 activity

+20 power from the artifact? That's way too much grinding

Your level is capped like 20 under for GMs

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mill Village posted:

Your level is capped like 20 under for GMs

The 2020 figure is "max player benefit", not the level of the enemies.

I noticed that in this new system, they don't actually show the level of the enemies

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

I was looking for the classic Bungie monkey's paw in this and it might be that the artifact is harder to level now, since episodes are longer than seasons were:

"Our goals for the rebalance were that actively engaged players could attain similar Artifact levels achieved by the end of an Episode and that Artifact Power remains a rewarding pursuit throughout."

But otherwise these are nice changes, glad they're taking the opportunity to unfuck the difficulty tier names and make them more normal, with standard/advanced/expert instead of normal/heroic/legend (which is different from legendary)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah. They are making artifact power more important (the spread between pinnacle cap & max player level benefit is widening), and making it take longer to earn artifact power.

So it takes more hours of prep each season to do L/M/GM content, and more of our power resets each season. Woo.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ha! After almost ten years I'm finally vindicated for hoarding all my old gold rolls.

They'll probably be outclassed by current generation poo poo but whatever man, my old Go Figure is back

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
There's been enough power creep that my sunset rng favorites wouldn't see much use even if I could undo their dismantling.

I guess this means the other pinnacle weapons are back. I know Hush had a lot of fans. Y1 single perk weapons are usable too. All 3 Oxygen fans are celebrating right now.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Frigid Jackal will ride again!

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Let me spend shards to pull random rolls from collections.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
Hmm, so master lost sectors have a power cap of 2010, but if the enemies are still going to be at +30 over pinnacle, you'll have to always do them at at least a -20 disadvantage. I've done a fair bit of farming and speedrunning of them lately, but that's largely helped by the long season letting me get close to even with their power level. I know that's probably exactly what Bungie doesn't want, people feeling like they can be easy enough to 'farm', but it might just put them back in "not worth the bother" territory for me.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Unsunsetting after bringing back/fixing the problem guns kinda makes a lot of sense. I can't say I care about the stuff I did dismantle, and the stuff that I did hang onto, feels like it's been power crept or replaced.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

RBA Starblade posted:

Finally, it's the broken Traveler's Chosen

I love this gun

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Oh gently caress off really? REALLY? That is exactly what we said they should NOT do after sunsetting.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
lol i think that that they're doing this basically proves that d3 is coming

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'd swear they just recently decided that GMs should be available earlier in the season, and moved them up by like a month...

Also the UnSetting isn't too crazy if you ask me. They've spent the past year preparing for it by absolutely powercreeping the hell out of every sunset gun!

Orv
May 4, 2011

dodgeblan posted:

lol i think that that they're doing this basically proves that d3 is coming

I could see this in support of D3 or a continued D2 honestly. If they just unsunset everything and said go wild yeah absolutely D3 in two years or whatever, Age of Triumph 2 next year.

But reissuing updated versions of old guns always seems to take them a weirdly long time so if they’re committing to that - in as much as ‘we’re planning to do X’ can be a meme with Bungie - I think they’d be unlikely to do that if they’re not just going to continue in this doomed world they’ve created.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

TWID is out. They sunsetted sunsetting for Final Shape

:sickos:

Steelfeather!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Failson posted:

:sickos:

Steelfeather!

:hmmyes:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Bungie is still run by idiots who squeeze customers for every dime and then let go of some of the best artists the company has, but the weekly blogpost seems like the gameplay department went into overdrive in the "respecting your time" metric where Destiny has suffered for five years or so.

Being able to use any gun you like, even if you haven't logged in in six years, and be able to share the power level of the poopsocker who no-lifes the game, is awesome for people who only log in now and then either have lives or try to play multiple live service games simultaneously and can't play Destiny as their main game.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 25, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'd swear they just recently decided that GMs should be available earlier in the season, and moved them up by like a month...

Also the UnSetting isn't too crazy if you ask me. They've spent the past year preparing for it by absolutely powercreeping the hell out of every sunset gun!

I can't wait to use The Vow again at least. It's the best feeling one to me and I miss using it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Was doing Seraph Shield since I stopped right at the start of that season last time i was playing, is that teleporter about half way through that goes down into the jumping area for the old catalyst quests? Stumbled in there on accident and it seemed surprisingly extensive to have nothing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
IIRC that jumping puzzle lead to Archie. The catalyst quests were somewhere else

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Craptacular! posted:

Bungie is still run by idiots who squeeze customers for every dime and then let go of some of the best artists the company has, but the weekly blogpost seems like the gameplay department went into overdrive in the "respecting your time" metric where Destiny has suffered for five years or so.

Being able to use any gun you like, even if you haven't logged in in six years, and be able to share the power level of the poopsocker who no-lifes the game, is awesome for people who only log in now and then either have lives or try to play multiple live service games simultaneously and can't play Destiny as their main game.

Exactly. As someone who went from a hardcore Destiny player to a “I’ll do the bare minimum to see the story through” player the past few years, these changes may actually provoke me into doing more than the campaign hard mode and then dropping it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It's highly unlikely but would be extremely funny if management was too busy planning to jump off with their golden parachutes to even give a poo poo what the devs are doing and this is the result.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

less "jumping off with a golden parachute" and more "pushed into a golden woodchipper". they'll be hard pressed to find work elsewhere if they get as publicly fired as sony has been threatening, even if they have tasty severance bonuses.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kith posted:

less "jumping off with a golden parachute" and more "pushed into a golden woodchipper". they'll be hard pressed to find work elsewhere if they get as publicly fired as sony has been threatening, even if they have tasty severance bonuses.

I mean, as video game executives maybe, maybe. On the business side 'they' shipped a decade long, overtly successful franchise from tortured birth to continued success when they 'left,' they'll be on boards in a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i'm talking about the management types, not the execs. executives rarely gently caress up the guts of the money machine, and when they do it looks like blizzard