Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
oh sweet I forgot we were getting in-game lfg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Tormentors look cool but I really hope the new Shadow Legion Cabal come with more enemy types. I always feel like D2's enemy variety is really underwhelming compared to what it could be. I hope this expansion gives us more weird Vex subtypes, or something other than "it's a Legionary but with a hosed up helmet"

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

So my quest to grind out all the season redframes before Lightfall has hit a bump, namely that I spent several days not getting some of the guaranteed red-borders from vendors lol.

What are the drop rates for deepsight weapons from the focused engrams? It's 1 in 4, right? If I don't have a majority of the patterns for a vendor complete, does that make it a better use of energy to get random weapons instead of trying to focus one specific one (after I get my daily one, of course)?

Also, the Haunted weapons - do those only drop from Sever runs? It feels like I haven't gotten them from Nightmare Containment. Alternatively, maybe the question is, will Sever runs not drop Opulent weapons? I have all the Opulent patterns acquired, so if there's a way to avoid getting those, that helps me out quite a bit.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

SUNKOS posted:

This is cool to hear. I haven't played any of it yet but the ship vs. ship Plunder stuff looked fun and I vaguely recall some weird neon Vex missions that looked good as well?

The Plunder stuff is boring as hell IMO (possibly because I've done too much of it) but those seasonal Splicer missions were really cool. the Splicer environment is sick as hell (even if it, lore-wise, feels loving dumb) and I'd love to see one of those come back as a strike.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Taken Phalanxes took over where D1 Phalanxes left off - slapping the poo poo out of anyone they choose, anywhere they like, at their convenience.

I am still stupid enough to try to jump over them to headshot them as they are preparing to do their shield poo poo

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

hahaha I thought I got all the seasonal weapons but I need one more Firefright, and the game goes down for maintenance before reset tomorrow

thank god I work a mostly pointless job I hate

e: well I'm glad nightmare containment is going away because I never want to do one ever a-loving-gain

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Feb 27, 2023

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

locking enemies up in the stasis wall can get them out of your hair for a bit

also with the right build we can slide through the walls to explode them, which is cool

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

so my one remaining task for the season is to run Avalon on Legendary; doing it normal is pretty reliable at this point, although the final boss is insanely tedious and I have a tendency to beef it in the third phase (meaning I have to redo the entire fight, which sucks). thinking about just using fireteam finder to run it, as my current friend group/clan isn't available. two questions:

a. I know that enemies get buffed for this mission as the fireteam increases in size - how sizable a buff is it? is it big enough that working with uncoordinated pubbies will actually be worse than just doing it solo?

b. if I just set up a micless run through fireteam finder, is there some kind of assumption that the squad leader will take charge for the dumb access code puzzles and the remainder will just focus on add clear? or does it also end up being a nightmare, meaning I'd be better running it solo?

semi-related: my current loadout for Avalon is a legendary pulse rifle (dealing with hobgoblins at distance/killing them through their regen with anti-barrier if I don't kill them quickly enough), Vexcalibur (it seems to make the second encounter much easier, as well as the final phase of the boss; also good for dealing with hobgoblins if close enough) and a Retrofit Escapade with FTTC/Target Lock (Brakion's head hitbox is the size of a loving barn) using a Striker Titan. if I end up just soloing it, does this sound like the right plan? I know Legendary will add arc shields to some enemies, I assume they're still less common than the void shields so I think my arc grenades/melee should handle it reasonably well.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Two Special weapons for dealing with champs is nice, Looks like this is the season I'll end up putting fifty thousand kills on my Shadow Price. (It's not even a great gun, I know, I just really like it.)

Is it just me or are the fourth/fifth column artifact perks kinda... bleh? In particular, nothing in the fourth column sounds great.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I have no idea what I want my theme to be for this season; I'm strongly considering not even changing from my Guardian Games outfit, it's very strong.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

So for those of us lame enough to be collecting Bungie's little seal pins - is there not a Flamekeeper pin for this year? I'm hearing that since it was available last year, it's not available for this year, which feels... silly.

I guess I have to wait for one of those events where Bungie offers up old Rewards items again?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Majere posted:

Grapple regen is weird too...sometimes it refills in a second, sometimes it has normal grenade cooldown timer.

isn't it that the regen is instant if you grapple a tangle or one of the grapple points, but normal regen rules apply if you do anything else with it?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Is there an article somewhere that lists all the raid chests that can be accessed solo? I can google individual raids, but I'm hoping there's one that just consolidates it all into one location.

... that's not a video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

PERMACAV 50 posted:

you can find my post about the first last wish chest upthread. you can also oob/cheese to the second ("morgeth") one but it's finicky. drops everything but the exotic and cosmetics, including red frames. no spoils.

you can get to the first vow chest by killing the first round of ogres and shooting the three doodads. it won't drop anything if you've never done the raid but i think you still get spoils.

you can get to the first DSC chest solo but i don't think it drops anything if you've never cleared the raid, not even spoils. bungie killed that because we were farming the poo poo out of it when the no-frostbite cheese was around

there's an oob path to the area containing the VoG entry chest and first secret chest. you'd need a video for that either way, it takes several minutes and trial and error. drops spoils but nothing you haven't gotten from the raid.

the first crota secret chest is also soloable but you have to get past the opening plate mechanic which i think has to be at least duo'd. ask for an "abyss" checkpoint in discord maybe? drops spoils but nothing you haven't gotten from the raid. bring an eager edge sword.

good enough for telling me which ones I shouldn't bother with. also lead me to discover this, which,

PERMACAV 50 posted:

anyone who still has a twitter account should take a spin through the quote tweets, dude is getting absolutely COOKED

eta: stop stop he's already dead
https://twitter.com/PaulTassi/status/1688324301361938433?s=20

incredible LMAO at the idea of bungie having 800 competent computer-touchers dedicated to D2