Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Roctavian posted:

I was working under the impression that Hung Jury will still be on the Nightfall rotation next season, which was the entire basis of my "Don't Bother Doing Nightfalls Until Wendigo Week" strategy. I have two older adept Hung Juries that I really like already, and while I wouldn't say no to an origin perk... I would otherwise just be going for the same rolls I already have? (subsistence/explosive payload and rapid hit/box breathing)

I was in the same boat but went into the mines for a bit because the origin traits are just so good. For pve the nightfall perk is amazing since it's a premier champion gun, and for pvp omolon has amazing synergy with the box breathing play style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I wonder when they'll retrofit the new raid adept system (which is amazing imo) onto the other raids with master. Fatebringer/Found Verdict/Midha/Submission will be all over the crucible since those weapon types really care about adept mods.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I enjoy champs/match game because they're a fun puzzle to work out and mix things up. I know you're thinking "but with it gone you can use whatever seems fun rather than only running the meta loadout!"

Buddy, if I had that level of self control I wouldn't be playing destiny

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Kith posted:

i wrote a list of seasonal patterns that people appear to think is worth paying attention to

it's unlikely that they're going away forever but the current easy acquisition is probably not returning

I would assume they get added to the dares rotation and then you need to use the "add deepsight to a weapon" feature they've talked about so it will be an absolute gigantic pain in the rear end

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

RBX posted:

You need spike grenades in the second slot to do damage.

I don't know why people want the spike/explosive light combo so much. GL impact/blast damage ratio scales with blast radius, explosive light sets maximum blast radius, so spike do the minimum possible damage

Black Griffon posted:

What sort of story content from the current season should I power through before it ends? And how do I find it in this jumble of a map?

This seasons story content is on the right side of the helm. Imo I would go through it far enough to get revision zero at least. The big thing you want to do though is get the ikelos smg pattern from the resonant stems because it's possibly the best pvp and pve primary?

Actually reading through these changes as someone who plays too much destiny I like them, but for a large chunk of the community I think they won't be great. Someone said it better than me up thread

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Oh my god these clowns

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Of course Amanda will die, why else do you think they keep telling us to go pick up unclaimed twitch drops?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Bleck posted:

Any rundowns on Trials of the Osiris? I'm expecting to hear "oh, that's going away tomorrow, so you won't be able to get the cool bird armor, sorry."

The bird armor should be the armor next season, and they're also adding in the option to focus the old sets so every trials set ever should be available.

Since trials is LL enabled they don't turn it on for a few weeks at the beginning of a season. The earliest it'll return is the week after the new raid debuts, but I could see them making that IB week (especially because they're moving this to 3 times a season) and having trials return the week after.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

arsenicCatnip posted:

I think this might be the first time we have this specific interaction? Ophidia Spate was specifically for knives so no synergy with stasis shurikens, there's no way to get extra nades besides armateranium or starfire and warlocks didn't have melees with more than 1 charge unless you were using claws.

People were up in arms about armamentarium + touch of thunder not giving you 3 lightning spikes

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

id take farming events for consistent keys over running wellspring on a specific day for a 10% chance drop of a red border to progress the witch queen crafting quest, a quest that i have still somehow not finished (i don't even think it unlocks anything but a bad exotic glaive at this point but i would like to clear it out someday...)

Don't worry, the wellspring equivalent has only 3 separate daily exclusive weapons you have to farm, down from 4! although they all need 5 patterns so it works out to 15 total red borders vs the 16 for wellspring

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

There is no patterns for the daily exclusive weapons so have fun getting hosed by rng!

I didn't even notice! Lol lmao if they expect me to grind for those mid guns.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I don't care if the guardian rank number resets as long as the unlocks don't.

The dumb thing to me is we already have season pass ranks, seasonal challenges, triumph score, and seals to show accomplishments/knowledge and this system fits into none of it.

Also as was said the commendation system is weird, everybody is going to be stuck on 6 for a long time because 7 requires 750 points and the system is only active at the end of activities for a short while and you need to press buttons to bring it up. They should have at least made it like overwatch where you can do it until the next activity ends.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Hypnobeard posted:

On PC < is left arrow key and > is right arrow key. I can't remember the color change key if there is one. Yes, you can change the name and icon, but only from a specific list. The initial setting appears random.

It's W for some reason and not up arrow. Absolute lunacy.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also did they gently caress with neptune red frames? I've done easily 15 TOs in the past 24 hours and gotten zero

The Terminal Overload guns are not craftable, and the chests don't drop the other craftable ones. The source of the craftable neo guns is the gold patrols and nimbus rewards after rank 30, and neither are guaranteed red.

It's so stingy which is why everyone is instance shopping for the gold patrols. You need 2 of each because you can get 3 from doing the campaign/missions on your 3 characters.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

NewFatMike posted:

Is there a good spot to check for gunsmith and Xur rolls? I’ve been out of the game for a year and never really found anything decent in those fronts.

You can do it in DIM under the vendor tab, it's super easy if you use it already.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

I think it actually IS a nerf, because it was doing hidden damage that wasn't counted in the results screen but moved the health bar and would kill the thing. It was doing like over a million before a debuff.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Do Hero nightcalls not drop the weapon? I've done 12 now and still no Mindbender's.

The nightfall weapon drop rate is abysmal on any level below gm, where it becomes guaranteed AND a better version. It will be exceedingly rare, to double check make sure it says "nightfall weapon" in the rewards. But if you want a mindbenders the best thing to do is wait for gms.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

LLSs are +20 delta, not minus. You can keep levelling until 20 over the recommended level.

It's 1830! The Pinnacle cap for this season and the next is 1810, grinding to +40 artifact power is lunacy. +20 to be at parity is at season pass level 210ish, and to get to+50 is like 500+

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
On the flip side of the coin I think encounter 3 of RoN is by far the weakest, and feels like it's from a different raid. The other encounters are much more dynamic, and you can totally have someone save the day if people know the mechanics. Encounters 1, 2 are like Exhibition-lite (the best raid encounter in the game) while 3 is like Atheon-lite which is meh. 4 is better-rhulk and also a great time.

Plus there's only so many things you can do when you only have a gun and interact button and they want to make the encounters class and subclass agnostic.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Kesper North posted:

How do you all have such ridic armor and my rolls are lucky to have 65 points per piece?

Is there a good way to farm high-stat armor? I'm using the Ghost Resilience armor mod, etc, but most of the best drops I get top out at 60-62 stat points. My current best armor is 2019-vintage poo poo and none of my overall stats are above 80, including Resilience.

This is... probably part of why hard content is so undoable to me, but I just never seem to get armor that's better than what I've been using for years.

(I'm guessing that good armor is locked behind activities I can't do with bad armor, looool)

There are 2 main ways to get high stat armor.

The most straightforward way is to use the seasonal high stat armor focusing. Definitely the lowest bar because you get engrams from everything.

The "best" thing is to farm the master duality dungeon when it's on rotator, you can do either the final encounter or cheese galhran in the first encounter. The latter is definitely the fastest. This gets you artifice armor which is the best all purpose in the game.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

Part of me wonders if Lost Sectors are the way they are because if they weren't then besides timegating people til they hit powerful cap then light level really is pretty much pointless. The maximum effectiveness targets for Grandmasters this season are 1815. That's just the powerful cap, plus 15 artifact levels, which for anyone considering Grandmasters is not gonna be an issue by the time they open. In fact outside of Lost Sectors I don't know if there's a single point to going past the powerful cap besides bragging rights any more?

The one place where it matters being at the Pinnacle cap is Trials of Osiris, which is just lol. I assume it's an artifact of them trying to cut down on f2p cheating, but I feel that's accomplished equally well by the requirement for Lightfall ownership to play and they never relooked at it.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

It might be slightly better to play today after reset since I think they have "flawless pool" which keeps all the people who've gone flawless from matching with people who haven't, or something?

But yeah, it felt pretty ridiculous that by my 6th or so match on friday, playing right after reset, I was being thrown up against people who already had adept versions of the new SMG. Trials is some real dumb poo poo and the salty rear end in me wants to assume anyone who has adept trials weapon is either a cheater or just stupidly lucky. 7 wins a row feels like it should be seen as a failing of matchmaking, not something that hands out poo poo that gives you an edge over everyone else.

I mean trials is just a badly designed game mode. There's ostensibly no matchmaking except card based (e.g. people with 5 wins play people with 5 wins) and it's sold as the power fantasy of winning 7 which if teams are remotely balanced is extremely unlikely.

They've tried to bandaid this with the flawless pool, adept qp, and fire team based matchmaking, but due to the reward structure the bottom drops out of the player population once the new loot is acquired. This is definitely your best chance to get an adept immortal though, playing freelance after flawless pool is in effect.

It's a fun mode if you can reliably win but that's a big if. I had high hopes for the comp rework since that would be a more "fair" system and would be better to be the aspirational mode.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

arsenicCatnip posted:

Also, I'm struggling to put enough damage into these loving overload champs in the lost sector, any tips? BnS Cataclysmic doesn't put nearly enough in to get them before they start regenning again, and then with the stupid loving cooldown on their stun half the damage I've done disappears. Do I just save super?

The two ways I deal with them is either Lemonarque, because the poison stops then from regenning and doing they're bullshit, or a clown cartridge rocket launcher/ghally because it puts out enough damage to drop them

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Definitely wait for a sale, that content isn't going anywhere. I don't think there's a "complete" legacy pack, there's one that gives forsaken/shadowkeep/beyond light and then stand alone witch queen. There's also the thirtieth anniversary, and last seasons dungeon pass.

Imo witch queen has the way better campaign, but the other pack has way more items and another subclass.

The dungeon pass is a fun 10 dollar buy if you can find someone to go through it with you, same with thirtieth. But for solo play it's not a great idea.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

PathAsc posted:

I'm pretty salty that once you fully unlock strand on one class they no longer get green macguffin drops so you "get" to do it all again. Had I known that before I found out the hard way I'd have farmed all the green poo poo on my warlock for the other two.

Don't worry about it, you actually can't do that. If you ever have more total strand bits in your inventory then you need to unlock the remaining stuff it stops dropping. I purposely left a fragment un-bought to do just that and once I got over 200 they stopped dropping.

Also, unless they patched it you can't ever really get rid of it, because once I unlocked it on all three characters it would always give me a drop of bits if I had none but then no more.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Iron Banner was moved back a week, and I would put money on it being too hard to swap the bonus rep rotation to match.

Jokes on you, last week was double Gambit!

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

neutral milf hotel posted:

Something I've always been curious about but never bothered to look up. Are pinnacle reward levels calculated on the gear you've equipped or everything in your collection?

It's supposed to be everything in your collection, including postmaster, except for engrams.

There was a bug earlier in the season where stuff on another character didn't count but I think it may have been fixed. In any case you will be perfectly fine having the highest level item in your vault.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Power levels haven't mattered in IB for a few seasons.

Fun new random rolls of Banner guns are Hero's Burden with destabilizing rounds for PvE and Wizened Rebuke with offhand strike for pvp

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bungie wrote 10,000 words about how Master Raids didn't hit the mark and then proceeded to

- Make them harder

- Got rid of Extra Perks

Yeah, I was super excited for enhancing adepts when it was first announced, because with 7 possible perks if it rolls 2 the odds of getting a specific combo is 8% which sounds reasonable. With only a single perk the odds of a specific combo is 2% which is way more spoils than I'm willing to gamble with. I'm just going to be happy with crafted.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Banshee is selling the 5/5 falling guillotine as a daily deal, jagged/swordmaster/relentless/whirlwind

New players Iwould highly recommend picking it up if you don't have one

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Thanks Guardians! Looks like I'm going double bow (primary+heavy) from now on. Any legendary recommendations or is it always precision frame+fastest drawtime+dmg perk?

PvE bow thoughts. I'm only going to touch on legendary bows since you want your exotic to be leviathan's.

Imo the most important question to ask is "how many hits does it take to kill a standard red bar". If lightweight and precision take the same use the lightweight, otherwise use a precision. Always use minor spec

The next question is what perks to use, and the answer is always explosive head. It is always-on +17% damage, AoE, and double champ hitting. There's basically no reason to ever use a different perk. For the other perk the answer is usually Archer's tempo because it adds an on-hit draw time reduction that goes beneath the floor. AT/EH will be the best roll in 99% of PvE cases

Finally, I highly recommend kinetic bows because of their intrinsic +10% damage that stacks with surge/overcharge. They're just better than any element unless you need the coverage which you usually don't.

So I would rate the best PvE bows in each frame as

Lightweight: Fel Tardiddle the Craftable Wellspring bow with AT/EH, it doesn't get any better.

Precision: Accrued Redemption from Garden of Salvation, AT/EH as well. Since that's kind of a pain to get the next best option is Biting Winds from Europa, it only has EH but you can farm it solo.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Collectibles that you place in a spot have been a thing all last year. There's the Witch Queen moths you place behind Fynch, and the Haunted Calus bobbleheads you placed in the helm. I don't remember if there's others, I'm not counting the nezarec parts from Plunder since they weren't hidden

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Suspend works well on Wyverns, making them show their crit spot. I do also like a chill clip fusion to freeze them if they get too close.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

I’m a little confused on how Avalon/Vexcalibur works and none of the YouTube guides seem to be helping. I’ve finished the quest but haven’t found all the secrets, there’s like three left I missed. Do I have to find the other three to unlock all the crafting options for it? I still seem to have M1R Distribution Matrix IV locked and none of the catalysts are available, though that may be because my Vexcalibur is only level 7.

I hope it gets buffed. It’s kinda crap right now but overshield on demand could make for some fun builds.

Of the 7(?) secrets only 3 are tied to the intrinsic upgrade, so just follow a guide and finish those up, it's pretty easy on normal. For the 3 catalysts you have to beat it on legendary, and you'll get one of the three. Then do it twice more for the other two.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

^burtle posted:

they didnt adjust Throne World i dont think, people just dont care about the weapons

They adjusted wellspring, and the other throne world weapons dropped from deepsight chests as well as gold patrols.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I’m trying out void Titan while there’s still fun seasonal perks, and I have some questions.

1. Ward of Dawn vs Sentinel Shield

Both seem pretty mediocre? WoD has a really low cooldown, but it just seems like the damage boost isn’t that much. I also thought you could shoot through it. Sentinel Shield also has pretty low damage, though with Doomfang’s It seems like it can last a long time.

2. Exotics

Helm of Saint-14 seems really situational, Doomfang’s is pretty decent, and I think I’m missing one that gives you double shield throw? I’ve been using Armamentarium, but that’s a good exotic for why build. Any other ones worth using?

3. Overshields

These seem to be the main focus of the build, especially with the aspect that gives grenade energy boost when you have overshield. Is there something else I should build around that to increase them? I don’t really feel like I notice them that much.

Two exotics that are worth using is Heart of Innermost Light (shocker) and synthoceps. My personal favorite void Titan build right now is Synthoceps with Vexcalibur and repulser brace commeration. Both the shields count as overshields for your aspect which is huge because of how they've nerfed your barricade.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

Mykel’s Reverence is the best non-exotic primary sidearm in the game and it’s not even close.

I'm curious what your roll/use case is? There are some amazing sidearms available, my personal favorite is a tap the trigger/rangefinder liminal vigil. Heck, in the rapid fire archetype you can get a rangefinder with harmony or kill clip

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
For new players you will have a 100% better time buying the annual deluxe edition (or whatever they call it) then buying any of the previous expansions. Especially because there's a new season/dungeon releasing in two weeks.

I would only get the legacy pack if you run out of stuff to do and want more content

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

LionYeti posted:

So I hear all the time about "God Roll" weapons and such. Now that I'm at powerful cap and continuing my quest to go from Not poo poo at Destiny to pretty decent, I have no idea what traits are desirable in guns. Is there like a cheat sheet that says like SMG with XYZ is awesome but with ABC its garbage?

The "wishlist" feature in DIM will put little thumbs up on your things, they're not perfect but they're a good place to start. It's not too hard to guess what's good yourself though, in general for PvE you want a reload perk and a damage perk.

For PvP the secret cracked perk is rangefinder because how magnification (zoom) is currently used in all the under the hood calculations.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Kith posted:

other movement exotics are limited in scope:

dunemarchers is only for sprinting
lion rampant is only for lift
peacekeepers is only for smgs
transversive steps is only for sprinting
astrocyte verse is only for blink

meanwhile, stompees buffs sprint speed, slide distance, and all three jump types

stompees have deserved SOME kind of drawback for a hot minute and tying it to a short cooldown is not the end of the world

Dunemarchers and Transversives both buff slide distance in addition to sprint and they have a third not-insignificant ability. It's lame that only one class doesn't get an always on go-fast exotic. Imo they should just have the jump effect turned off on dodge if they care that much.

The one I'm really surprised they didn't look at was PK's, they are by far the most stacked weapon exotic and I don't think anyone runs them in PvE. I assume the thinking is "it's only because smgs are meta and those are getting nerfed" but I don't think it'll be enough because of how overtuned. If like lucky pants did for HCs what PK's do for smgs nobody would take them off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
It's a game about collecting all the guns, people want all the guns. Some people can't/won't do high level activities and I see nothing objectionable to giving people one drop a week. Especially given the dire state of lfg/new player experience. People are running it for 18 drops a week!

Imo that taste may make people want to try these activities more. I think the beginner raid taste like preservation/seraph station should give one drop.

Currently the only "build defining" raid drop this season is Commemoration, with Bricks from Beyond and Volatile Flow on the artifact. The raid exotics Collective Obligation and Conditional Finality are also somewhat build defining. CF in particular is so well designed and fun I wish everyone had easy access to get it.