Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I may just wait for the next wrap-up expansion, I'm still a little burned out lol

The changes seem good though

Pirate Jet posted:

corcle good trongle bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Also man, I really want to replay Destiny 1

Or like, some big curated thing to go through the major beats from D1 to what'll be the end of the plot or whatever the next expansion is going to do

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If you don't kill the Dark Witness Pyramid Man because of bullshit about how Guardians Make Their Own Fate then farting him off a cliff with a rocket launcher or the tractor cannon what was even the point

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They should pay Peter Dinklage to come back and reveal that the Nolanbot was a fraud all along, then we can get back to the real roots of Destiny - scanning poo poo on Venus for no real reason

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I decided gently caress it and got back in for the 30th anniversary stuff

What the gently caress did they do to my arc titan what is any of this lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

When did you last play? The stasis subclass in Beyond Light was the first aspect-and-fragment subclass and that was two years ago, then they migrated all the existing classes over to that system over the course of last year

About then lmao, little after

Nice to see us start to get options back, it's only been since Destiny 1

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shockeh posted:

Also, 'buffed to the loving stratosphere and no sign of it ever coming down' is what they did to Arc Titan.

Know who's sick of Arc Titan? Literally everyone else.

lmao I noticed, though Fist of Havoc seems fiddly or something? I got two punches then it farted out. Thundercrash is insane though. I kind of juts slapped whatever together that seemed vaguely good and I appear to blind everyone all the time whenever I do anything and instant reload and heal on everything and everything's always online? Also the juggernaut shield that actually just works now? Amazing lol

MJeff posted:

On the bright side, Eternal Warrior actually does something now.

What? That can't be right.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It makes sense but catching up lol how every single NPC that had a subplot about prepping for the Darkness ended with "oh no! I got owned by The Darkness!"

Also double lol how Rasputin spent his entire life getting owned

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

Not really. Almost every established player gets rank 6 automatically and there are no concrete rewards after that

I started at Rank 5 this is bullshit don't they know who I am or how fancy my first year Solstice armor is

Don't they know I killed Crota(aaaaaah)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is Vault of Glass still free and in the game to play? I'd love to revisit it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxyclean posted:

Yep, Vault of Glass and King's Fall are both free & available to all players.

Hell yeah I didn't know Kings Fall was back

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tried Deep Stone Crypt for the first time!

People kept shooting Atraks lmao. Death to Fallen

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

marhom posted:

She taught a human family to sing the Traveler to Earth from Io during the Collapse and also naturally spent a brief minute on the moon dunking our dipshit paingod straight into superhell

Thanks Space Satan's Sister

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I did Dares of Eternity for the first time and got three energy swords and six battle rifles

Thanks I guess

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mesadoram posted:

So glad they kept Dares in the game. It is a good testing grounds for builds IMO

They're very fun and I'm having a great time

Up to ten battle rifles. gently caress you Xur.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I finally beat DSC! :toot:

It was a blast, what a fun raid. Lmao that a solid half of it only happens because the player character forgets they own a spaceship though

It's mildy annoying I'm locked at rank 5 because I didn't buy the season lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just got Forerunner and lol that you loot it off Master Chief's cryo pod

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just don't give a poo poo about Megamind at all, sorry Bungie

Should've stuck with the idea that the Vex always win each iteration of Everything and the light/dark stuff is an "attempt" to screw with that/not screw with that or whatever with the end being to tell the Traveler and the Darkness itself or whatever to gently caress off and win anyway by shooting Atheon 2.0 out of the universe with the Tractor Cannon

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Also, lmao

quote:

We used to get writing like this: https://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/ghost-fragment-mysteries. So...is Rasputin now talking about the Witness Spaceship Fleet? The Witness themselves? Is Rasputin afraid of the Veil somehow even though we've never seen the Veil say, do, or affect anything?

quote:

I am made to win and now I see the way.

Bad news about that one Rasputin you literally never win

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lib and let die posted:

Like some kind of backup as part of a Witness Protection Plan

Lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

muike posted:

the last wish is literally the raid named "the last wish"

If that's true why is there ten thousand increasingly insane posts on Reddit about, uh, *squints* harmonic frequencies from the Vault of Glass? Huh.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Failson posted:

I agree, and am I misremembering Forsaken? Didn't the Traveler literally speak to the player character, and call you a moron because you didn't take Oryx throne world?

I think that was Toland

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

There’s already a pepe silvia emote so just do that constantly at any NPCs who dare exposit at you

Oh my god

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Meiteron posted:

If you go by the lore available to us there are only a handful of situations where the Traveler attempts to communicate with people, and even one of those cases is pretty iffy. The Speaker, who is that dude who was important in D1 and literally no one knows about now in D2, was the last in a long line of people who could pick up emotions or impressions from the Traveller and tried to convert those into concepts for regular people. It was almost always a creative exercise, but the last Speaker (the only one we as players knew) probably got the closest - the mask he wore was an actual piece of technology designed to amplify certain signals from the Traveller and he was picking up something. Unfortunately most of what he was picking up near the end was "oh poo poo oh god the red legion is coming I gotta loving get out of here" and he intentionally did not share that information to avoid impacting morale, not that it helped.

The only explicit case of the Traveller actually speaking to someone is, hilariously, Clovis Bray. I put that in a black box because I bet no one guesses the name under it unless they've already read the lore, but essentially: Our boy Clovis has some strange dreams and interprets them as messages from the Darkness and it's only near the very end where they get one final dream and the actual for-real Traveller shows up as the Alpha Lupi in said dream and more or less explicitly says "NO, you colossal moron, I was sending those dreams as WARNINGS and you misinterpreted them all".

lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm about ready for it, how annoying is Dares of Eternity on Legend? I want the Vidmaster title and all the goodies lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxyclean posted:

Not /that/ bad - you can probably just hit up the LFG tool and pug it, I was doing it regularly when chasing red borders. Just go in with a somewhat serious loadout/build - I think all 3 champion types can pop up so the more you can counter, the better.

Alternative hit up the discord and you might be able to drag in some goons to help you and it will probably be a breeze.

Cool, I figured something like that but wanted to make sure

So far only really annoying snag has been exactly zero lightning rounds showing up lmao, but I'm sure I'll get em sooner or later. Also am I right that the DoE ship is just the Marathon? It sure looks like it and that's rad

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PERMACAV 50 posted:

This reminds me, did we ever get any clarification on the relationship between Savathun and Ahamkaras?

I thought she just Took one and also a lot of people like to say that to be lovely now lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

occluded posted:

I thought the dares ship was the lumpy comet, is there another one?

Yeah the lumpy comet

The Marathon is Deimos hollowed out and with an engine strapped to it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Meiteron posted:

More lore! More Lore

You gotta be careful about harnessing that Ahamkara power, ex post facho, you never know what you might bring back with you after using it

Hold on I know this, don't take the deal, you get locked out of the Final Shape if you do

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Exotics and gear except stupid trash hold no sway over me, I have my Thunderlord, I have my Skullfort, I've had them since Destiny 1, I will end Destiny 2 with them

Rip Icebreaker

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lib and let die posted:

You gotta try the contact braces

I googled this

Ok maybe a handful of exotics hold sway over me

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol gently caress strand in pvp, what a load of bullshit I don't feel bad about using Jotunn lmao

Also double lol all the crucible challenges are bugged and I don't have any so cool

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waroduce posted:

Waaaa why can't i use anything I want when I want, I have to engage with content and explore different aspects of the game like all these new guns and class abilities and cool new ways to kill things that they keep giving me every season!

They gave Crimson (with an artifact) and Thunderlord (inherently) the ability to fight Champs so I don't even have to do this lmao

Only thing that's changed is they removed my giant aoe punch attack and I just have shoulder charges forever. Give me that back Bungie

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxyclean posted:

Which big aoe punch attack? Cause arc titan still has that.

Just the standard ol arc punch it used to have. I just see shoulder charge, buttslam, and the kamehameha now unless I'm missing something super obvious. I've bought everything from Ikora as well

Think it used to be storm fist? Or is it just still there but rolled into something and I'm not noticing?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

I don't believe storm fist was ever in Destiny 2

Looks like before arc 3.0 the third titan melee was "frontal assault", with the description "Strike an enemy with this melee ability to reload your weapon and increase both your weapon stability and weapon damage."

Lol I think I called it storm fist the entire time I played anyway

Anyway I'd like that back also please thanks, I don't like things that are new and different even if it's objectively better

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lib and let die posted:

did you try the cannon brace yet?

I don't have it yet sadly, I've been lazy about getting my light level up

Jotunn/Dunemarchers in Iron Banner was a pretty funny gently caress you though

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RBX posted:

"Somehow, Savathun returned"

So let's get to taking out her command one by one.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RocketRaygun posted:

We're going to get juked. It wont be Savathun, it'll be her taller, green, mustache wearing brother Luigithun

Somehow Oryx returned

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lexorin posted:

"Grow bigger with power" seems to be a genetic trait robots, humans and radioactive humans lack that the other alien races have.

"Grow fat with strength" I wheeze as I slam another package of oreos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm really glad I didn't buy Lightfall and just the 30th anniversary pack to get back into things tbh

The price is absurd to keep playing now