Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I got Izanagi's and the Lemon bow from my Forsaken ciphers, based on what I've been told to do by the internet. I'm trying to decide between Thorn, Last Word and Ace of Spades for the last one. I'm a very casual pve titan player if that makes any difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

This seems like a dumb question but if I am just chilling and levelling my dude and am around 1780ish until the next round of pinnacles/powerfuls next week, I am too underlevelled for Coil right? I can't figure out how to progress any further through the season story without doing the Coil and I don't want to give anyone the shits more than I usually do.

I unlocked banner of war after that diabolical fight in the calus arena with the tormentor and felt like I was too underlevelled to be doing that but now I appear to be thoroughly unkillable after using my melee once or twice in a fight

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I went back to Neomuna to do some space jobs to tick off things on my list of space jobs and man I really do hope Nimbus dies on his way back to his home planet at the start of TFS

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Late to the party but for a pop gun that sounds like the wussy half-life 2 pistol Indebted Kindness is quickly becoming my favourite gun in the game

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

I bought Witch Queen & Lightfall despite that however, but I still haven't played them yet. I intend to because Witch Queen is apparently a return to form but Beyond Light is what stopped me playing the game. I'll start going through WQ & LF sometime soon since I'll be getting Final Shape just to see how it ends, but my expectations are pretty low. I think I heard that there will actually be some new Crucible maps though which will be nice after all these years.

I played a ton of D1, quit D2 around Red War/Trials and then came back a few months ago. I quite liked Beyond Light (but can see how people wouldn't), thought Witch Queen was a bit overrated but highly enjoyable (but had most of the gotcha moments in the story spoiled by the game itself) and then thought Lightfall was atrocious outside of strand, which is extremely fun.

Lightfall just didn't fit into the Destiny universe to me; Neomuna seemed to be a really lazy Neo Tokyo attempt with none of the detail or world design Bungie usually excels at. Europa, by comparison, looks great. Nimbus was also extremely terrible and lame and bad and it seemed like Osiris just repeated the same three lines about the veil and paracausal energy and the radial mast and hurrying up.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I never played Black Armory and don't have the time or motivation to raid (yet?) so being able to get Forbearance and any unsuspecting friends into the game with the free powerful cap chest seems extremely good to me

As a returning/casual player I am most definitely the target demographic. Hard to sympathise for complaints about a sizeable and entirely free content drop though

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

haveblue posted:

Forbearance dropped from Vow of the Disciple (and still does). Hammerhead and Blast Furnace are the ones from the Black Armory set

Yeah sorry I didn't word that very well. There are a lot of complaints about it just being returning weapons and then weapons that people can already get (Forbearance & Succession), so it's a bad content drop. I was trying to say I wasn't around for some of the older content, plus I don't raid and thus don't have Succ and Forbearance, so I'm pretty happy about the available weapons overall.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Polaris lance has carried this little baby through so many solo master lost sectors :kiddo:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

PERMACAV 50 posted:

If they wanted Succession and Forbearance to be accessible to non-raiders, literally all they had to do was make the solo-farmable secret chests in DSC and Vow drop everything whether you've gotten it or not, like the Morgeth and Shuro Chi chests.

I think they want non-raiders to have Forbearance and Succession before TFS, not two years from now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I got an envious/hatch one from decoding engrams and it's pretty fun to use