Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
It's me, I turned off the lights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Is d2gunsmith even getting updated anymore?

the author said it should work unless the API messes up, but isn't working on it any further.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Sestze posted:

I tried the godmode cheese to get the Master version of this week's story mission done. Without needing to care about my life, it took about 12 minutes to get to where I could be invincible, and about 35 to finish the mission. It's a brutal combination of arguably four of the most dangerous enemies in the game (Hydras, Overload Minotaurs, Wyverns, and Tormentors) that take way too long to kill even if you don't miss shots or make mistakes due to being mortal, with all three champion types. If you bring something like a glaive or sword you're consigning yourself to suicide if you end up point blank against any of them.

The Wyvern 1-hit kill machine gun shots are much nicer when invincible, but yeah this week sucked on master.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

life_source posted:

Is there any lore about what happens when the Cloudstriders die before the whole 10 year thing? If they set up the system under the assumption that they will never fail in their duty then it's a failure and Neptune/Neomuna can perish.

Its implied Rohan is the first to "die" without reaching the expiration date, possibly being the only one to not die from reaching their eol date.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Kith posted:

Also I didn't duo it, I soloed it. Although I DID run a duo legendary earlier with my husband and it almost feels harder in some ways. There are more enemies with bigger health pools, and Brakion in particular felt like more of a slog. Still, did the thing. All hail the slightly raised corner platform that Brakion can't figure out how to step on.

Did you just shoot fighting lion curveballs from the cheese spot that people use wish ender from? if so thats rad.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

edit: thankyou for the gold kind stranger

that sucks kith, specially when the run was dope :(

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Shockeh posted:

Destiny in Australia is such a fuckin' crapshoot.

Play Comp, hit Promotion series, get excited, immediately get queued with two solos so deep in SEA they're teleporting, vs a three stack in Australia. Watch them get 1,000 damage between them, when they're 0-2 down start jumping off cliffs.

yep.

Difference with CBMM and SBMM in australia is negligible, as I've had "CBMM" games playing asia and the US west coast forever so I'm used to it sucking.

I use a lot of weapons like witherhoard and GLs in general as they seem to be able to double quite effectively, bypassing the lag.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

Trials is fun if you've taken drugs, I have discovered that.

This weeks adept bow brought to you by Saint-14s weed stash

was space meth in the Osiris wake up tea?

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

That's not even remotely true lmao there are a tonne of people who have great PvP numbers but seem too dumb to realise that you need to stun champs or use cover in Nightfalls or whatever lol

Edit: Oh okay, I get the bit now. You pushed a bit much when you went for "T levels" lol

In general, to be good at PVP you have excellent awareness so good PvPr's can quite easily adjust to pve

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

heated game moment posted:

trials was good, actually

I need to play more with you Casey

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

My gang had overall, a hard and good time I think in Crota's End Redux. I think it was quite a good raid!

We had the usual mix of salt, laughs, struggles and triumphs

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

There's no reason to run Seraph's Shield in the exotic rotator if you already maxed out Revision Zero in Season of the Seraph, right?

if you are missing guns from that season you can get ones to deepsight from the mission.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

The emblem is more of the thing I care about, I just pick whichever tryhard pve emblem I like at the time. CE challenge one at the moment.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

haveblue posted:

They should change all the flawless triumphs (raid and dungeon) to per-encounter, like the elemental ones. Losing a 1.5 hour run becasri you did two flawless encounters and then someone fell off a platform is neither fun nor challenging

It is infact very funny, so funny I'm going to post it from two perspectives!

https://streamable.com/ztnjab

https://streamable.com/aj90qh
incase it isn't obvious Bark is being architect'd by teleporting into an asset on the level, killing him instantly, and ending our run

Flawless is an endurance test in and of itself, requiring you to deal with increase in stakes as the encounters keep on going. Riven for instance, requires you to either flawless an extremely difficult encounter, or be able to cheese it perfectly on the first go (not always a given).

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

It was fine, hard but fine.

All of the solo flawless dungeons are a challenge and they should be? The nature of the challenge changes. In duality it's a timer/coordination challenge whereas in ghosts it's a survival, coordination and endurance challenge

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Yes this game had no fun guns before this and will have no fun guns after this.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

FlapYoJacks posted:

Nobody is claiming the reason is fabricated. They probably genuinely think someone is DDOSing them.

its really easy to tell if your being ddos'd from outside vs something happening internally that ddos's you.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

acumen posted:

On top of the completely opaque new player experience you also need to spend like $200 to gain access to all the content which is a huge ask. For people who are actually going to play throughout the year it's comparable or cheaper than WoW or whatever, sure. But it's a big chunk up-front for the random blueberry who can't even comprehend if they like the game or its loop yet, or even the returning player who thinks they need to pick up the Legacy Collection/Anniversary/Lightfall.

I don't ever hate my friends enough to let them start playing destiny. One messaged me asking "do I want hunter, warlock or titan" and I said uninstall was the preferable option. They didn't follow my advice and quit a month later after having spent their $200 getting the content.

These last few days really suck for a lot of reasons. It was inevitable Bungie was going to eventually shrink in some way. They aren't doing well (-45% Revenue projection). Sony isn't doing well (and being restructured completely), tech industry in general isn't going well, there's high inflation and cost of living crises happening in many places across the world, and GaaS seems to be dying a slow death.

I think that 45% revenue loss can't be understated. I don't know any company that would look at that and say "we cannot shed a single member of staff" I'd expect there to be apocalyptic cost saving at Bungie for the next year, if they even survive.

Everyone who lost their job, I hope they find some great projects to fit into as soon as possible and continue to make great games elsewhere.

syntaxfunction posted:

At the end of the day I'll play until I am not having fun.
Same.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Mattavist posted:

I don’t know if I’m completely out of touch but I haven’t been able to figure out what an extraction shooter is.

If nothing else it doesn’t seem to be the kind of game that could pull in a mixed PvP/PvE population of players.

some kind of battle royale but you take your loot out of the game afterwards.

This sounds like an excellent choice for Marathon, a game with intense lore about the formation of an ai god on a colony ship.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Lmao

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Power grind per expansion isn't awful, per season it is.

Number can go up yearly. As a treat.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

the pubstove burns more players yet again

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

We have video proof that it's not. And that vode is good at raids.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Sunshot RULES this season. An absolute trash killing monster.

If you've done Kingsfall you can craft a legendary one too.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

VodeAndreas posted:

Spent far too long in those jail cells, mainly because I was obsessed with the upstairs passage and why it was there (the answer is purely for less than 3 players when all the non-corridor doors are open and that lets you over the top)

to be fair, you were in the non-bone observing position

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

The dungeons are all good but some are gooder than other's.

I got more of an appreciation of Ghosts doing a solo flawless. It's very difficult but also quite fast, you rarely have a moment to collect yourself before another problem crops up.

The travel times between encounters are long but I don't hate them.

4 dunks on encounter 1 is indefensible though, but I think other than that the first encounter is excellent.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

we'll find out later he was banned for limiting or something.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

also the dude was cheating in rome total war not exactly a hard game to cheese the ai for someone who does speedrunning and cheesing of destiny ai.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

aledesma posted:

I did it baby!

Thanks to all of you guardians, couldn’t have done it without you

The Max Verstappen av just is a cherry on top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

If they increase Riven's health by 50% the cheese won't work and people will have to engage with the game which is Cool and Good.