Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

really can't recommend Under Your Skin enough since it's a Precision Bow that you can force Draw Time string/MW/perks on to make it just as fast as a Lightweight while dealing superior base damage

Just want to second this, the bow is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Oxyclean posted:

Good list. If you play warlock I'd toss Bump in the Night from Haunted - it's an Stasis RL you can put chill clip and demolitionist on.

I gotta make one for my lock, sounds like a great combo.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

arsenicCatnip posted:

the traveler cracks open and there's a dopefish on the inside of the shell

:hmmyes:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Armor sets for the next season looks pretty awesome (at least what I can see from the promo picture).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

stat mods should be 1/3 universally. being 2/4 just makes buildcrafting a bigger pain in the rear end, especially since stats tend to be the weakest part of any build (even moreso since they're nerfing ability cooldowns)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

haveblue posted:

My assumption is that the traveler does not survive this year. Jury's still out on whether the witness will

Edit: Trying to make a lovely joke on a phone sucks :smith:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

El Cid posted:

I am a sucker and bought the Witch Queen deluxe edition since it was on sale for 20 bucks on steam (figured since I didn't have the dungeon pass it probably wasn't too huge a waste of money since I want those cowboy hats someday). With the 1 a day red borders things going I'm going to try to get a couple of craftables from season of the Risen and Haunted. Any stand-outs if I were to get say, 1 from each of those seasons?

Ikelos SMG is perhaps one of the best weapons they put in the game. Get that first IMO.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

the only church i'm a part of is the church of the fighting lion. i will never subscribe to your heathen faith

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The Traveler confirmed to be an Ion Cannon.

Command and Conquer 5 confirmed.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I also don't love the concept of 'oh I picked up an Orb/Goober, I better hurry up FAST to the next group of adds while the timer is still active'
Reminds me of Diablo 3 trying to time CoE ring rotations

Oh... oh no. Not again :smith:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FlapYoJacks posted:

Void hunter wins again. :smug:

Can't wait to get hone from work so I can slam some void orbs with the Ruinous Effigy on my void hunter.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bleck posted:

I just finished running through The Witch Queen story missions and thought it was pretty neat - I'd been told to read about Oryx (I never played Destiny 1) before and really liked the lore with those three, so having her come back and do stuff was fun and interesting.

That being said, I thought Dr. Triangles or whatever their name is that they revealed at the end looked very silly, and it's not exactly filling me with confidence that everyone in this thread seems pretty down on the story of Lightfall.

I'm still gonna buy it, probably, but for now I'm probably just gonna run around doing old poo poo I need to catch up on, shooting hella aliens with my new bone gun.

I like the idea of referring to The Witness as Dr. Triangles.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

arsenicCatnip posted:

Switched over to the seasonal content cause the campaign was frustrating the hell out of me and it's way better, Crow's a dick now but in a funny based way

Crow: I've been testing the boundaries of the pyramid prison for hours now and the Guardian just walks on through?

Mara Sov: It's a matter of perspective. The walls of the prison may have been impregnable, but the walls between worlds were not.

Crow: Well, I guess you never did care for boundaries.

:allears:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIB6IQnQQdQ

:allears:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Haven't played in a few days due to feeling like poo poo, so I decided I wanted to start chipping away at the story. Long story short, I got distracted and did a lost sector. My light level is 1670, the lost sector was like 1760. I beat it, but boy that was miserable getting one shot again and again by the boss.

Also, the Ruinous Effigy is still fantastic.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Happy to report that the Retrofit does a drat good job of murdering Tormentors.

Sad to report, I have not found to many other consistent ways besides it :smith:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I wonder if Asher is going to be the one to give us the Vexcalibur?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
There is no way they are going to leave this in the game like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSR1S3t9-Ec

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I keep getting kicked back to orbit.

Yay!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

oh...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:tif:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Paracausal posted:

more like stasis makes me make sharts amirite

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Reiterpallasch posted:

if you have retrofit escapade from last season you can basically just use it instead of your primary weapon.

Retrofit feels SO good this season. Even with the volatile rounds nerf/fix, this thing still melts enemies.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
That first encounter looked so fun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Click this link to learn all raid guns, perks, archetypes etc

https://archive.destiny.report/root-of-nightmares

This link also starts with the Raid Exotic

Of loving course its a double barrel shotgun. I don't raid so this hurts my soul :smith:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Now that someone beat it, did anything in the game change? Like, new Strand fragments or something bigger?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yes, but temper expectations to a Preservation-style weekly and a new task of interest on Neomuna. The big epilogue was punted to next season due to a time crunch

:smith:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I feel like I am missing something, how do you make orbs with the Vexcalibur melee?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

arsenicCatnip posted:

When you have overshield (any overshield), Vexcalibur's perk is active and it's melee counts as void damage, so run void siphon and you'll generate orbs as long as you have overshield up. Melee kills will refresh your overshield buff so it works nicely

That makes makes, thank ya :unsmith:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Vexcalibur is amazing.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I've been using this build and loving it: https://dim.gg/3n35niq/Void-Kelgorath

It has pretty good survivability and is a lot of fun to just have everything blow up around you.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
You can make a build in game, go to DIM and save it there.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Is the only way to get the catalyst(s) for the Vexcalibur is to do the mission on legend? I tried to do a legendary lost sector and despite having 100 resilience I got literally 1 shot by a sniper, so my eagerness to do any of the harder content stuff is at an all time low for once.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MJeff posted:

You can literally save it in game with two button presses now.

Indeed and it is great! Shame it is limited though until you clear a legendary lost sector flawless solo.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
All I want is my Steelfeather back :smith:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The spawns in this game can be funny sometimes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBCSGvxhdpg

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

VanillaGorilla posted:

That’s cool but I still get smashed by champs at 1810 even using the most tanky meta builds for my Titan so it’s kind of academic.

I dunno I mean I know I’m bad but I also regularly soloed LLS’s before this and got all the exotics last expansion and now it’s basically a loving impossibility.

I’m also consistently topping the scoreboard for points and orbs when I play nightfalls and battlegrounds with other pals so I don’t think it’s entirely my fault. I can press the buttons!

Edit: honestly I only really care about getting the new legs for my Titan so I would probably be better off ramming my dick into the legendary campaign than this version of lost sectors

Yeah idk what it is this season but trying to run LLs sucks so much poo poo I don't even want to bother with them. Then again, I am only light level 1780 or something.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I hate being so under light level. I want to solo the legendary Vexcalibur mission to get a catalyst but I am getting annihilated. Minotaurs are 2 shotting me through over shield :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
He was only 60... gently caress.