Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Kith posted:

this is like the sixth or seventh time since season of plunder launched that i've had the game just poo poo itself at random and require reinstallation. there doesn't appear to be any consistent reason for it, either - sometimes it's in the middle of a fight, sometimes it's running around an empty room. utterly baffling.

https://i.imgur.com/MMdgXS7.mp4

are you running intel or amd? i had a similar issue on my AMD computer and no one could acknowledge or explain it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i'd really like to have a bunch of the old strikes back. if they can use the mars patrol zone for a seasonal activity surely there's a way to get strikes from io and poo poo back.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
would've been way cooler if we just styled on Eramis since we're so much higher in power level now, instead of her being like "heheheheh they boosted my hp!!!"

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
champs are still an awkward part of the game that will always feel out of place lol.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
they're pitbulls for vex

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
too many cool plot threads. send them to naraka

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
all the artifact mods are passive now, but you can still only choose a limited amount! but resets are free! Come The Heck On Guys

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yeah I get it but it's so obvious that like 1/3 of them should just be gradual unlocks or optional unlocks and only the other 2/3rds might be OP if you get them all. They should just make all the anti-champion poo poo inherent to the season or part of the seasonal track

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Oxyclean posted:

They don't want you have all of them because that would be a huge jump in power unless they made all the artifact perks much weaker.

Like, you can unlock them all right now but you sure as hell can't slot them all - and the mod energy system makes it so you can't really fit certain ones together regardless.

That said, the big questions are "is the artifact setup tied to your loadout" (lol if no) and "can you swap active perks without resetting the whole artifact" (lmao if no)

Because right now the first column is going to be a goofy thing - having all of the basic anti-champion perks active at the same time doesn't really confer meaningful power - you just pick the ones relevant to your loadout, and whatever else you need to reach later tiers. Unless they changed how unlocking the tiers works, you'll always have 2 or 3 anyways. But if you need to reset the artifact because you decided you wanted to use and SMG but didn't have the overload AR/SMG perk unlocked, hoo boy.

They probably should just design the artifact in a way that you need to unlock all of column 1, or those perks are passive seasonal modifiers, balancing your points out for the other columns, otherwise it's always going to be this min-max problem.

Yeah the champion part is the part that makes me roll my eyes. They shouldn't be a part of the same system, imo

e: someone on reddit pointed out the shot of the traveler surrounded by pyramid ships looked a lot like sagira and while i'm not gonna invest much into that, it seems way too similar to think bungie didn't do it on purpose

muike fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 23, 2023

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the witness is just megamind

i kind of dislike how many plot threads just seem to be getting tied up for the sake of getting tied up instead of the destiny universe having a feeling of mystery. i don't think it needed a single big bad guy, especially one that is like ALL ENCOMPASSING for the store to be fun or to even reach a natural conclusion

maybe some lightfall lore will make it seem more interesting, but i feel like the build up to lightfall has been about making everything less interesting and open ended and more about there being a Lord Zed to the Power Rangers

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
demigods turning themselves into guns is way too cool for the current destiny narrative team imo

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i am implying that i think those writers are no longer part of the narrative team that oversees the story

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
that nezerac's that xur has just masterworked with 99 recov. 99. kill me

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
kinda feels like bungie just wants to get all the dangling plot threads over and done with, instead of letting them dangle, and they realize it's gonna take through the final shape to tie them up

i'd rather let some things just... dangle, you know

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

MarcusSA posted:

On PC how TF do I exit the game without going back to orbit?

Right now I have to go back to orbit and press B on the controller to bring up the menu to exit to desktop.

There is a way I am missing right?

shift+esc

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

MarcusSA posted:

OK is there a controller combo that does that?

Yes I can just lean forward but still!

(thanks!)

sorry i was kind of posting that in a dickheadish way but I do believe the easiest way to to exit out is that keyboard shortcut.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
just finished the campaign and that was somehow a sub seasonal-level storyline? I don't want to be a huge lore nerd but maybe it shouldn't have all just been a big shrug??

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It didn't even really teach Strand in the same way Beyond Light taught Stasis. it was just kind of like, oh here's a new subclass, have fun with it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
maybe i haven't played any post-main campaign stuff yet, then!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Okay I generally don't do lore questions in this thread, but how did we go from not being able to find Neomuna or detect it at all to crashing into it in Mission 1. Is that how we found it? I"m kind of confused

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I'm an absolute lore hog, so I'm pretty surprised I missed any explanation here.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i think there's a lot of cool stuff they added to the game or changed in the game, but it also feels like lightfall is the world's most bloated, wildly untested season. like there is genuinely a lot of stuff altered in the game to be way way better, but...

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Basic Poster posted:

Also I feel like the Neptune zones are very likely ripped of from Tony Hawks Pro Skater with different textures.

what a cool city that absolutely nothing is going on in

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the GIP bans shouldn't count against anyone but anyway I think Nimbus sucks and they shouldn't have tried to enter the black garden with us and don't deserve to be a cloudstrider because they're super irresponsible

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
ok so neptune had a vex on it that sent out a distress signal, a colony ship that somehow also has maya sundaresh on it while she's also working at the ishtar collective at the same time decides to try and get away from the collapse by using it, and also that vex knows that titan has an ally, hopefully sloane, is alive and we need to get in touch with them. am i putting these lore tabs together correctly or am i getting the sundaresh timeline mixed up

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Kith posted:

sure it does, i even have it :)

there are several hundred, possibly several thousand, maya sundaresh(es)

that's what I thought but i haven't quite put all the pieces together for the ones that exist outside the vex network while also existing inside the vext network yet, I guess??

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Kith posted:

the ones that exist outside of the vex network were originally part of the vex network, which is why they can navigate it. all of the ishtar collective clones come from a goblin they had in captivity simulating the outside world with perfect accuracy, and the originals decided to rescue their simulated clones because they were effectively real people. the result was 227 sets of simulated clones, which then began exploring the vex network because they didn't really have much else to do as AIs.

some of them were captured and corrupted (such as the Maya Sundaresh that threatened Clovis Bray), some of them got obliterated by network defenses/firewalls, some of them are still around (fun fact: MSund12 from the Insight Terminus is one of them). the original flesh-and-blood Maya Sundaresh (accidentally?) founded the Future War Cult and also canoodled around Destiny Lore doing other miscellaneous things for a while.

this kind of covers most of what i already knew but also doesn't really explain it in a way that i want it to (not your fault)

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the Titanfall Smart Pistol you get from getting all the fragments for strand is fun too

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
90% of currencies need to go away and the remaining ones need to be uncapped

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the last wish is literally the raid named "the last wish"

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

PERMACAV 50 posted:

This reminds me, did we ever get any clarification on the relationship between Savathun and Ahamkaras?

it's used by a lot of people, though the ahamkara use it by default. it's supposed to be a dominating phrase, at its most effective probably the same as "would you kindly"

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
okay that was a cool new story beat to bring us back in, even though i feel like the story has fell kinda flat since witch queen. everyone immediately went "oh yeah duh savathun needs to come back after everything we learned" so putting that much time between that and the reveal of her being necessary seems... dumb

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i had a really good time coming in right after shadowkeep dropped. seems hard to promote people coming in now

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
cool secret mission that i sucked and feel bad for the other pubbies who also didn't really know what to do. will try again when there's 1 million people who kwtd to carry me.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Siva is cool but it's not fundamentally paracausal so I never got why people thought it would be a subclass. As cool as it might possibly be

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Guardian, we've detected traces of a subclass that is even more annoying for Warlocks to use in most game modes. Please head to Theia.

Stasis and Strand not having choices of supers kind of sucks. I get why, but it sucks that all the others have choices.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

MJeff posted:

"SIVA exposure empowers Guardians' light" proves at the very least that SIVA and paracausal forces can interact, I guess.

Something something darkness is about emotion, something something Brays loving With Darkness something something Darkness SIVA subclass. :shrug:

I think quicksilver overwrites the existence of Siva as a story relevant element now but i do think siva is cool

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

RocketRaygun posted:

Nah, Chioma's logs basically said that Neomuna was built using SIVA and that anything they have is an evolution of that technology. SIVA is still around. It's very likely that the nanites that make Cloudstriders what they are is SIVA.

well the neomuna version of Siva is Quicksilver, right? that's what I meant. if I'm wrong let me know

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
there's a lot of stuff we could have built off d1 and base d2 that just got thrown in the trash. Failsafe is never gonna get seen again for example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Oxyclean posted:

What do you even do with Failsafe?

But it is funny that for being a character from a non-sunset destination, they've basically never been involved in a seasonal story?

Devrim has been pretty out of the picture up till Defiance though.

Oh of course, I just assumed the quote was more "there is not a Season of the SIVA anytime soon."

You're not wrong but it's an extant character with a dangling story thread that could be effectively pulled on imo. for a dumb guy (me) example, we put an entire warmind in an exo so we could hang out with him, i don't see why we can't do the same for Failsafe. also I don't really understand why of all the vaulted destinations, nessus was spared. separate thought though.