Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bleck posted:

I have no idea what's going on but that mission was really fun (and hard, I probably wasn't supposed to do it alone) and I'm excited to do more.

Actually, missions with the Legendary modifier scale up and become harder when you add more guardians. Although Bungie is tweaking that to be less punishing in Lightfall.

If you enjoyed that level of difficulty, the Lightfall legendary campaign will probably tickle your fancy when it comes out.

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Anyway, is there anything I should know that is important but not immediately obvious about playing the game Destiny 2?

Yeah like another poster said, they'll be adding Guardian Ranks when the new expansion comes out next Tuesday which will make the new player experience much less obfuscating, hopefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bleck posted:

This is actually one of the earliest exotics I ever got and it frankly seems unlikely that I'll ever take it off.

Although maybe the one Xur is selling is a better roll or whatever? I don't really know how that all works, I've basically just been picking armor based entirely on how it looks.

Don't feel like you need to rush into it but buildcrafting is cool as gently caress and if you get your stats, aspects, fragments, exotics and armor mods all working in tandem with each other you'll be able to do some truly insane poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wouldn't call it a dump stat on Hunter necessarily, your dodge can do a lot of really cool stuff. Off the top of my head, it's necessary to activate Lethal Current.

It kinda sucks for Hunters because they gotta care about a stat that Titans and Warlocks just don't.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Good news regarding the Vanguard Ops playlist though, they are gonna be adding more seasonal battlegrounds to it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bleck posted:

Thanks, I'll keep all this in mind.

Probably dumb question; do you have to be a Voidwalker for Nezarec's Sin to work? I want to try out Green Mode when Lightfall drops, but I'm nervous about taking off my favorite hat.

Nope, if you're using void weapons, it'll work with Strand. But you may consider something like, say, Verity's Brow if you have it, which is more neutral and will activate off of kills from any energy weapon.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
And btw there'll be a perk in the seasonal artifact next season that's basically absolutely begging to be used on a Voidwalker with Nezarec.

"Void Weapons Channeling - You gain a temporary bonus to Void weapon damage after you defeat a target with a Void weapon while at least one of your Void abilities is fully charged. This damage bonus increases based on the number of fully charged Void abilities you have."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

death cob for cutie posted:

hahaha I thought I got all the seasonal weapons but I need one more Firefright, and the game goes down for maintenance before reset tomorrow

thank god I work a mostly pointless job I hate

e: well I'm glad nightmare containment is going away because I never want to do one ever a-loving-gain

I was one short on finishing the Ikelos sniper pattern, I had the energy and everything I just needed to log in and buy one more sniper and I just...forgot. And now I'm out of town and can't play until next week. :cry:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pirate Jet posted:

Saltagreppo’s team is absolutely malding about the raid being too easy, which I suspect is at least partially because they didn’t get world’s first this time

If it was so easy, why're you outside the top 50, my man. :laffo:

Go bitch about Divinity and resil some more.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Streamers are just people trying to make a living and entertain people and that's fine, laudable even. There's a lot of Destiny content creators who I would say are unambiguously a net positive for the community. The issue is when too many streamers think that because they've played the game for so long, they know best for the game better than the people making it when they're some 30-something in their apartment who's never touched development tools or designed anything in their life. And there's plenty of people in the raid race category of the community who have gone way past that point.

And then there's the people who, after almost 10 years of this franchise, are still waiting for Bungie to make some comprehensive mega rework to PvP that will make everybody happy once and for all and uh. I dunno. I dunno why they're still here.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's light level and anybody who tries to get me to call it anything else is getting slapped with a dueling glove for insulting my honor.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There are people who use primaries besides Voltshot Ikelos...? :confused:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RocketRaygun posted:

gnawing hunger is cracked with this artifact. lots of void shields to make orbs that give volatile rounds and orange/yellow bar enemies that drop heavy ammo.

In all seriousness, yeah, I was using Arc as a carryover from last season (Star Eater + Gathering Storm is so loving great), but I gotta go over into the Void/Solar stuff. Wonder if Caliban's Hand is any good right now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Void anything with repulsor owns. Blows things up AND gives me overshield? Sure thing

What's the new perk that's Incandescent for Volatile? I'm waiting for a gun that can roll that AND Repulsor and I will be so horny when it happens.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm way behind and have only done Legendary Campaign so far and my only take on that is that it felt way more punishing than Witch Queen. I did Witch Queen as a Void hunter and now I feel like that was the wrong choice and I'm much stronger and have a really powerful Arc Star Eater loadout and I was still getting pummeled. Strand was frustrating to use because it kept popping in to gently caress with my established loadout that I had built very specifically around my subclass and giving me these extremely difficult fights with this incomplete subclass that doesn't have a grenade. The Minotaur fight with the rotating wall was absolutely stymieing. I had absolutely no idea how I was gonna beat that thing.

Then I figured out that Assassin's Cowl will proc off of the grapple melee and you can guarantee the grapple melee will activate every time by turning off your charged melee in your controller settings. So you can just go invis and get health back basically on demand. The Minotaur fight was still extremely difficult but Calus was actually a lot of fun to do solo with that loadout. It was also probably the first time in the entire campaign I felt like I could control the pace of a fight with a Tormentor, thanks to the big open arena with the catwalks.

Anyway, Bungie is never wrong, anybody who complains about the raid being too easy is a no life poopsock streamer who doesn't want anybody else except them to enjoy the game and anybody who complains about legendary lost sectors being too difficult is a skill issue scrub who should go back to Fortnite. And obviously every PvPer should be put in prison.

Seriously though gently caress that Minotaur fight, that thing was nuts.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mill Village posted:

Any raid encounter is easy if you do it with 6 Starfire Well Locks and play the game for 14+ hours a day. I’m not upset that a new group got world’s first and I got my community to spam the video with comments about how they cheated. I’m not upset that I got smoked in this race by unknowns and got 57th. But this raid was incredibly easy and you should listen to me and only me.

Lol wait what's this about getting his community to spam somebody

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

tyrelhill posted:

i get a bounty that can only be done in a pvp mode that is randomly selected.

naturally i get the other one 5 times in a row.

so i just start leaving until i get a control map and get punished for it.

what a stupid loving game

You could just delete the bounty.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

tyrelhill posted:

all they need to do is quickplay filtering like call of duty has had for last 300 years, but bungo is bungo

Lol you didn't know about the random bounties, huh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Lol great news for anyone looking for a demo + repulsor brace / tricorn void smg, so hot right now

Please don't shame my bulwark/controlled demolition build, sir.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

Also good for vaporizing the boss of the Strand practice mission

poo poo, I wish I'd thought of that! I was using Gjally like an ANIMAL.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Between the seasonal artifact artifact giving an extra fire bolt grenade, better scorch, and spawning a fire sprite, it almost seems like my Ashen Wake build is better without Ashen Wake. What exotic armor could I replace it with though?

I don’t have Heart of Innermost Light or Loreley’s. Loreley’s seems kind of wasted on a Solar build anyway. I have Hallowfire, but I feel like I never notice a difference when it’s on.

Phoenix Cradle? Path of Burning Steps?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I do think it's pretty funny that a lot of top PvE players complained about Divinity, citing the extremely high HP bosses in King's Fall Contest Mode as a problem, they said if Divinity got nerfed, bosses wouldn't need to be so tanky, then Divinity got nerfed and shocked pikachu face, the bosses have less health now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Ya the guys who are actually mad are Gladd and Saltagreppo

With Datto, I genuinely believe he just wants to be challenged, he's been very consistent about that for years. When he says he's happy for the people who got their completion, I believe him because I think he just loves raiding.

With those other guys, it's one hundred percent that they're mad about not getting first. Gladd already threw this tantrum after Deep Stone when he placed like poo poo in that race.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I did not know this, but that is cool. Is “Primary” just the top slot, or is it any weapon that doesn’t use Special or Heavy ammo?

The latter. Primary is any weapon with infinite ammo. The top slot is for kinetic, stasis and strand weapons.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Spanish Manlove posted:

People didn't read the tooltips when they popped up one by one in each segment to teach you the class bit by bit. Do you think that just letting them have everything and letting them learn on their own would have been more helpful?

I really would've preferred to be able to build craft around Strand during the campaign rather than have it come in, kick my build down a flight of stairs and tell me to go fight this boss with no customization and no ability to actually read what anything does because the tooltip that explained it was like two hours ago.

Took me forever to figure out that Silkweave has a heavy attack because I forgot the tooltip said it did.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There any way for Hunters to get in on this fire bolt poo poo?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean whacky combinations like Warlocks and Titans can do with their aspects and exotics. :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What does Solar Severance enclosure do?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
For some reason I thought Severance got a special bonus where it applied some keyword related stuff depending on your subclass, maybe that's just bombadiers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Paracelsus posted:

The Destiny tradition of the initial-target-numbers-guy being wildly optimistic in their projections of what the player base could actually accomplish remains unbroken to this day.

The most galling example of this remains Season of the Worthy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think it's both. Contest Mode was created so the nobody could overlevel the raid and people could participate and have a chance to win the race without Omega grinding, but they set the bar 20 levels or whatever below the raid and give you an emblem for completing it for a reason. They want the initial raid experience to be more difficult.

I don't remember exactly when they introduced contest mode but I'm pretty sure in effect it's supposed to be trying to chase the feeling of people doing Last Wish for the first time with no idea what was going on and SEVERELY underleveled.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 14, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah the elephant in the room here is that Bungie has been doing this for 10 years, what else can they really do with raid mechanics that we haven't seen before.

They're not gonna make something element or class dependent and they're not gonna make some truly impenetrable poo poo like Last Wish again. I liked Vow but that was kinda straining the whole "tell your teammates what thing is what" shtick to the extreme.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's available from other dungeons but Duality has the highest rolls and the spikiest individual stat rolls. Spire on the other hand, despite arguably being faster than Caiatl, will sometimes serve up some 59 roll garbage.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mesadoram posted:

You can make a build in game, go to DIM and save it there.

You can literally save it in game with two button presses now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

Avalon and Vex Invasion may both be getting destabilized by too many dead vex parts lying around, that was a problem in Garden of Salvation too

I'm pretty sure ammo drops and poo poo in the vault hosed some Petra's Runs too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

:siren: Don't delete your Sunset Gear :siren:

Just keep it

It might be usable again someday winky blinky

Man I don't think pre-subclass 3.0 pre-origin trait gear is gonna be all that useful in endgame activities.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This is really awful, 60 is just way too young and Lance was a really special talent who brought a very unique charisma to all of his roles. He was just...really, really fuckin' cool, and it sucks that he's gone way, way too soon. It sucks for all of his fans and it must be absolutely devastating for his family, who lost him just, again, WAY TOO EARLY. We're all greater for having had him and lesser for having lost him.

From a Destiny perspective, I dunno what the gently caress Bungie does. Zavala's arc was not taking him towards death. It sucks because Ikora got to have WQ focused around her, Osiris got to have Lightfall, which means, you would think, Zavala was gonna get to have his big focused character development expansion in Final Shape. And I really don't think it was gonna end with him dying, a heroic sacrifice doesn't really follow where his character has gone the last few years. But recasting a role Lance Reddick played for literally almost a full decade is, uh....REALLY tough!

I really don't know how you handle this one. This just loving sucks for everybody, man.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 17, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, Zavala was like the one character who had been there from the start and was still there all the way until now. :/

I guess Holliday too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

Zavala, Ikora, Rahool, Banshee, Holliday, and the postmaster robot have been there every single day since Destiny 1 launched (before, even, since you could go to the tower in the alpha)

Ikora switched VAs, fair point on the rest.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1636860522149683201

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kith posted:

doing solo legendary vex and lmao wyverns need to settle the gently caress down

My most satisfying moment so far in this expansion was when a Wyvern was gearing up to do its charge attack right as I grappled it, the grapple stunned it and put it back down, then I did a grapple attack to knock its loving block off. I don't know if I have ever felt more catharsis in this game.