Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I was out. But they pulled me back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

What is the one season from this year that’s worth trying to blitz before Lightfall comes out? PSN had the complete Witch Queen bundle on really deep sale.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

arsenicCatnip posted:

Seraph or Haunted I'd say. Strongest stories and great l00t

Cool. I was thinking Seraph. Thanks!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Thanks very much everyone. That’s very helpful!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

PERMACAV 50 posted:

They even dropped that "making Shaxx and Zavala proud" and never mentioned ole Drifter. They're done with it.

They’re going to kill it, aren’t they?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

SgtSteel91 posted:

Going to take the optimist stance and say that while nothing was said about Gambit now, there’s changes in the work that we won’t hear until much later in the Lightfall year

As a weirdo who’s favourite mode has always been Gambit, I hope you’re right.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Kith posted:

it sucks bad that the most interesting part of destiny is the space magic and bungie is like "we need less space magic"

I have a crazy idea. Maybe there should be more space magic.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I hate unstoppables, because I really don’t like using handcannons. Maybe they’ll get a better weapon type mod next season.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Black Griffon posted:

Got it. This stuff is a little hard though, am I missing where I can matchmake for it do I just have to get gooder?

You should be able to matchmake the Heists, but the missions don't have it. I soloed them all, but if you've got buddies on hand it'll probably take less time!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Just shoot good and you’ll be fine.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Well it can’t be yonic, because that’s the Initial Shape.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

The Star Horse should be the core of D3 IMO. Neigh.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

In before the Traveller is the Witness’ ghost and keeps bringing it back without the Witness’ permission, and that’s why it’s trying to kill it.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

lol that literally the only mention of Gambit in the patch notes is in the localisation section.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Please stop throttling me, Bungie. I’m not into that.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

fast cars loose anus posted:

Christ almighty the last room of the 3rd mission is some serious unfun dogshit

I died about 20 times in it last night trying to do it on Legendary, before eventually managing to get to the “Clear the arena” objective, and dying again. I’ll give it another go tonight, but it kind of feels like the number of spawns goes beyond fun and into unfair.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I’ve come around on the Legendary Campaign. Finally the room at the end of third mission clicked, I pulled it off and felt like a god. Game good.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Pierson posted:

Yeah the new Strand power is fun as hell, the seasonal activity is very fun, the guns aren't super-great but that's a subjective thing so hey maybe you love them, but even if you don't but all your old ones will still work. The main issue for a lot of people is just the anti-climatic and confused campaign so if you just want to click dude's heads it's as good as it ever was.

The seasonal auto rifle is great. If you get a kill with precision damage it spawns a threadling. I’m here for that nonsense.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Some people in here have, so I guess so. I’m soloing the campaign too, but I’ve not got that far yet.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I’ve mained a Hunter since D1, but I’m tempted to switch to Warlock purely because I want an army of bombchusthreadlings. So well done on that account Bungie.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Finally finished the campaign. What the gently caress even happened there? Why do any of the vanguard think the traveller is dead? It’s right there! It’s such a non-sequitur ending.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Anyone planning on watching the raid race? I was going to have it on in the background while I'm working.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mesadoram posted:

That first encounter looked so fun.

Yeah. Not too complicated, all in the execution.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

drat, I need to get the orb pondering emote.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Oxyclean posted:

streamers muting to avoid sharing some of the strats is dorky

but I suppose this is my fault for clicking the first name I recognized that had the drops enabled

I've been watching evanf1997 who's doing essentially a commentary show.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

It's pretty impressive the way I'm both commentating and writing posts though, right?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Oxyclean posted:

Nothing's changed yet, but I assume it might be waiting on bungie to confirm the world first?

Wouldn't expect more strand fragments - they already gave us those early.

And we know the 3rd aspect is coming in Season of the Deep.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

The Warlock chest piece is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mazerunner posted:

I don't think it was delayed due to time crunch, but rather a deliberate decision- this year's 'story' is about figuring out what the Veil is, and how to follow the Witness. Like as an ongoing thing, interspersed with the usual seasonal storylines. Bungie took a gamble with a new way of storytelling and lost.

If that was the plan, it was a complete failure of messaging on their part.