Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Riptide is another stasis fusion that can roll CR/CC and you can focus Shaxxagrams for it right now if you can’t/don’t want to raid.

It’s not farmable at all (world drop), but keep an eye out for a Reconstruction/Chill Clip Aurvandil. You can get up to nine chill clip shots in there, it’s loving stupid. Only downside is it’s a high impact so the charge time is almost a full second.

I have a recon / chill aurvandil, a demo / chill adept deliverance and an ALH / chill riptide

Riptide is the only one I use, the name of the game is two shots on target to freeze, so no need to use anything but the quickest. I’m keeping the other two just in case they gently caress with stuff in lightfall in a way they haven’t intimated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Lib and let die posted:

I always ultimately talk myself out of putting up an LFG for content I don't know at all. I did DSC a few weeks back and like half the group was learning it for the first time and the entire time I was wracked with anxiety just thinking "oh god I'm the problem oh god I'm the problem" every time we wiped.

"Need 2 for [dungeon], also you're gonna have to teach me everything and we'll probably wipe a bunch" fills me with great shame

Stop worrying about it

Destiny is full of extremely nice weirdos who love to teach people stuff

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Another thing about Dungeons is that they were all designed to be easily and flawlessly cleared by one single player. Being the second or third player on a fire team will just make it easier! Nothing to worry about at all as far as being a deadweight dungeon gamer

This is extremely true, when I lfg a dungeon I know in about 3 seconds whether I’m a spare body or I’m gonna have to do the lifting. And either way it’s fun.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Luke Smith basically saved Destiny 2 lol everyone else was for whatever dual primary 4v4 Joss Whedon bullshit that nearly killed the franchise

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

quote:

My name’s Joe. You may know me as the … the human with three different red border weapons equipped trying to complete ten separate bounties in a single match, but … I’m also the Game Director for Destiny 2.

And people think Luke Smith is the problem lol

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Pirate Jet posted:

Aside from the Exotic Mission rotator, none of that really sounds that good to me? Making less weapons craftable and more reliant on RNG sounds really loving bad to me, a player who hasn't gotten a Subsistence/Frenzy Funnelweb even once since Witch Queen dropped.

Crafting is stupid as hell, they never should have added adept perks, and being able to only have one set of perks and barrels/mags on a crafted gun is insanely bad

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Pirate Jet posted:

Yeah that's the other thing, of all the complaints I have about Destiny right now "not enough to do" is not one of them.

“Not enough stuff to do that is fun” is a better phrasing

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

^burtle posted:

Banshee just sold one

Brutal lol

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Destiny 2 Lightfall: Power Bottom Fantasy

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Nelson Mandingo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKr_UvMhOlU

Wow the witness is tall, if he's looking down on Tormentors / Calus.

Uh he’s like 69x as tall as Calus

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Archonex posted:

I thought that was just his arm sticking out of the cosmic jizz bath or whatever that turned him into the consciousness of the Leviathan. The part sticking out of it looks more like a hand than a full body.

I was under the impression that it's been implied he's basically melted his body and become a part of a ship at this point if the trailer and some lore is anything to go by.

Edit: Seriously though, Calus is one nasty dude. One of the lore blurbs talks about him lounging in the pools of the genetic material that makes up his clones. Dude probably reeks like the most unwashed goon when he isn't followed by the smell of copious amounts of space wine.

Pictured: Calus’s arm (and his other arm, his shoulders, his legs, his head, his body, and his rear end)

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Calus has always looked like Calus

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Lol

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
It’s actually racist against Italians to call it a meatball

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Ahahahahaah

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The only way to get the 4 guns with Ikelos in the name is to open up the ... 32? 'Music Boxes' hidden around the galaxy

You have an item in your inventory called Resonant Stems. Press (Button) on them to spend 4x of the Stems, and the item will update with a Clue as to where you need to go. The clue will be something like EUROPA.CB.VARIKS.NEXT.TO.VARIKS.EXE and when you get close, ballet music plays

Once you've 'found' the Ikelos guns & purchased the necessary upgrades from the Exo Vendor in the HELM, you'll be able to purchase a redframe Ikelos weapon each and every day from the Exo Vendor

They do not drop from any other sources.

Xur sells them lol owned bitch

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Get this guy outta here

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Doesn’t he sell the 2.0 versions while the new ikelos are the 3.0 THIS TIME FOR REAL good version

No, they just fixed this so he sells the 3.0s now

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Do NOT step to a man who has never been owned online

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Tormentor Grab, GI Joe King Fu Grip, things of that nature

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

3DBlast posted:

Arc Punch for Unstoppables, Osteo Striga for Overloads, pulse rifle of choice for Barriers

( me after seeing two primaries in any content whatsoever) Well well well if it isnt the Blowjob Loadout

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

syntaxfunction posted:

Double post because the more I read into the post the more I feel this is a far lesser issue than thought.

To account for Surges and Overcharges they have increased enemy health and ability to be staggered. How much, we don't know. Could be 5%, could be 100%, no idea.

With the way Surges have been specified to work they increase the elemental damage of the SURGIN element. So if we're rolling Strand (all season) and Void then we're getting +25% damage to abilities of that element as well as weapons of that element.

It seems a little restrictive, until you add in Overcharged weapons. These explicitly do NOT stack with SURGIN. Overcharged weapons also give +25% damage. Kinetics receive the boost if your subclass is a SURGIN one. But that doesn't mean that you need to be SURGIN to get the Kinetic boost. This is because they have specified Overcharged weapons come from Artifact Champ weapons and activity selection.

Given we get roughly 6 artifact weapon archetypes each season (and I expect that to continue) then at least six archetypes are going to receive +25% damage increases, regardless of Kinetic or Energy and regardless of the element type. And again, this doesn't stack when you're SURGIN, so you're getting the boost from being a champ weapon OR from SUGARIN.

And then there's activity weapons. It could be one archetype, or two (as Dares has sometimes), so we're probably getting at least one additional archetype that gets a big boost.

Between all these as far as weapons go it will probably be difficult to not get a 25% buff to all weapon damage. The real pain is whether you get the boost to your ability damage based on whether your subclass is SARGIN or not.

And until we know how much health they're giving the enemies we don't know if it's even an issue.

Oh my god these clowns

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Black Griffon posted:

Everyone's just talking about theoreticals here though, right? No one actually knows how any of this is gonna turn out?

We’ve been at this for a 10 years bruh

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Like, your average dedicated destiny player has more built up knowledge about what works and what doesn’t than most devs at Bungie lol

And I don’t want to hear about whatever internal limitations exist for making decisions or changes, that poo poo matters literally not at all from a “what is good gameplay” perspective

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Black Griffon posted:

this mf played destiny 0

You could say I’m a D1 Alpha Vet

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

RocketRaygun posted:

Sleeper seems similarly poised to be a good option for dps but doesn't suffer from the "oops i'm dead for this whole dps phase" problem that 1kv does.

Do we really have to post it for the 69,420th time???

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
[British guardian voice] minge

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyMemes/comments/118b0el/shitpost_lightfall/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Warlock feels like the “true” destiny class as opposed to a crayon eating John-69420 titan or boring rear end hunter

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You guys noticed the Witness was like a thousand yards tall yeah??

I’ve been saying this but the people wouldn’t listen to my message

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Vail Resorts-rear end Seasons Pass now imho

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

MarcusSA posted:

RIP Amanda

She’s in a bunch of the vidoc stuff that’s obviously post battle, she ain’t dead

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

MarcusSA posted:

That’s what they want you to think!

She either lives or becomes a guardian, guarantee she’s involved in the seasonal poo poo

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Bungie Name idea: Amanda Holliday’s Pair o’ Causals

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Bungie writing the new mechanics blog posts:

https://twitter.com/ohshidt/status/1628906122072453126

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
We won’t fight the witness because we’ll be fighting the traveller

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
They are going to land this thing worse than Mass Effect and it’s going to be very funny

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

FlapYoJacks posted:

I'm sure Saint-14 has a decent package.

They don’t call him 14 for nothing

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

RocketRaygun posted:

Gotta put on my IK hat here: let's cool it with the horny sex talk people. Thanks

The game explicitly shows osiris grabin’ Saint’s beefy rear end and the lore talks about Shaxx blowing out Mara’s back walls so I’m gonna talk about horny grandpas and crucible schlongs all I want because it’s On Topic

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

syntaxfunction posted:

Clarity Control then, the big rear end statue that isn't a statue that we haven't been told much about but a lot has been alluded to, could be a possibly neat story hook.

I don’t think the statue had that big of an rear end