Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Crafted guns own I will continue only using crafted guns. Farming for gun rolls? They’re playing you for fools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

As far as random rolls go I think they’re still doing it but I like the idea of each reset for an activity adding a column to random weapon perk rolls. So if you REALLY want options, you can just hit an activity enough and end up with a gun that has multiple perks for everything.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They could, hear me out, unspaghetti their code.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Who cares about stats Rasputin is about to loving DIE in like half an hour. Dude’s been two weeks from retirement all season. He’s done.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Luckily, passive cooldown is simply not how you get your Abilities in PvE so we will be spamming abilities as much as ever, outside of Crucible

Yeah I was going to say Arc Hunter now has a good loop to endlessly spam punch things 2 death and mobility has 0 input on it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lol this loving game

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yo that was fun

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They threw up the finale cutscene online if you can’t play but want to check it out.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

abraham linksys posted:

i did seraph shield exactly once (still need to do the legendary for the catalysts, but i think you can do it one time if you just progress the four quests far enough) so i was predisposed to like that final mission a lot more than most people, i guess

Correct. You can knock out all 4 catalysts in one go.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Traveler is a punk I am going to renounce using light classes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

those guys were doing terrible in VoG I'm surprised they're still around.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Yeah there's no Insight Terminus GM showing up in my little GM menu wtf

The menu only shows stuff you haven’t cleared for gilding Conqueror, I think. It’s not a free pick whatever you want whenever you want.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

^burtle posted:

after the last 7 years i can absolutely believe the giant ball is only in semi orbit because it is out of real estate and not for any altruistic reason

got tired of paying property taxes so it moved to a township (near earth orbit)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://youtu.be/2VJWfrI5SPs

This started a few minutes ago.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kith posted:

lots of interesting details, probably my favorite is that holster mods are being moved to elements rather than weapon families

Same for unflinching aim looks like

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hot drat look at all those wasted stats.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GAME OF THE loving YEAR

https://twitter.com/destinytrack/status/1626298610215264259?s=61&t=Ulspnuge37VgNfDb22RvwA

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kill the witness for the campaign, kill the corrupted Traveler for raid.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

“I swear it’s good despite me sounding like I loving hate it” is literally everyone that loves Destiny, including myself and everyone that posts here.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Destiny 2 Lightfall - I swear it’s good despite me sounding like I loving hate it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Deliverance and Ammit are my 2 highest leveled guns at mid 70s. Taipan and Calisto MINI are in the 50s then everything else is in their 20 or so.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Xur sells them lol owned bitch

Doesn’t he sell the 2.0 versions while the new ikelos are the 3.0 THIS TIME FOR REAL good version

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Does anyone here actually play this game i feel I’m going insane with some of these questions

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My worm is only fed by deleting non crafted god rolls.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

To add to that, I also haven't played in a few years, I liked strikes and crucible, but it felt like the only thing bungie wanted me to do was the seasonal menagerie knockoff. I got pretty bored of the menagerie as soon as it wasn't the actual menagerie, is that still the main focus of each expansion? Here's a new activity do it ad nauseam for 3 months?

Are strikes and crucible worth playing at all for loot? What do you mean rep track?

It’s mostly still that but it’s less that. If you just do it once a week (or 3 times, 1 per character) you generally get enough progress to upgrade the doodad which in turns lets you focus and gets you closer to crafting the seasonal guns which you can then use on strikes and crucible.

Rep track is the rank rewards from each activity. Bungie tends to add a good rolled weapon (and its ornaments) to the track as an incentive of playing those activities. Also 2 of the current year’s seasonal activities and being added to Strikes so you’ll get to play them anyways.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 18, 2023

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Saw some champion talk a few pages back, those are getting more manageable I take it? Less use x gun for y champions this season?

There's going to be so many ways of dealing with them you wont really need to worry about specific guns

Kith posted:

i have good news for you: arc, solar, stasis, and strand will be able to deal with unstoppables just because

theres a very good chance you'll never need an unstoppable weapon mod again

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Every now and then an old destiny 2 clip pops on my YouTube feed and what in the world

https://youtu.be/rE1z0iW8mGU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Alright fess up, who wrote this?

https://twitter.com/lizardkelp/status/1627002058124697600?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Remember when we fight a worm god and all he does is spit crap and call for help?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Difficulty changes across a ton of activities article is out

Covers quite a bit from dares/wellsprings, to nightfall and raid changes. Oh and lost sectors too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Meiteron posted:

In Lightfall, you will be discovering another aspect of Darkness - something completely new, something no one in the history of the universe has ever found before!

Except for all your enemies, they will have all developed shields that use it immediately. They're really good at that.

The witness: “oh actually i know that dumb poo poo here’s some shields against it”

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/joegoroth/status/1628218754869104641?s=46&t=nzkFYyLdQQQKH-k7Wz56BA

Joe goes over the vanguard ops changes

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DancingShade posted:

Fortunately they haven't hosed with dares of eternity... yet. Someone burn that monkey paw.

You uh… you might want to sit down for a moment

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think you guys are severely overestimating the apparent rise in difficulty vanguard ops is getting. If you're already getting 10 minute clears doing wacky poo poo that's probably not going to change. The only people that this will "affect" in any way are the players that are literally not engaging with any of the game mechanics and are just vibing with a gun that goes pew pew and armor that looks cool with like no semlance of a build and zero mods added. And guess what? Those players are already out there right now and you're carrying them already. Them doing less than the nothing they already contribute ain't going to change you going through the strike.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Black Griffon posted:

Got it. This stuff is a little hard though, am I missing where I can matchmake for it do I just have to get gooder?

The basic heist stuff has matchmaking. The legend difficulty heists do not.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That's all new players who don't understand the game yet, and how long do you think games tend to last when they piss off new players trying to get through the basic activities? Especially when the game is that bad at explaining these systems to new players?

I'm just going off the two people I know IRL who've tried Destiny 2, but my wife just hands the controller to me for activities that have "loadout bullshit" involved, and the other person tried f2p at the start of this season and said "a lot of the peripheral mechanics seem convoluted and messy" and he's someone who's actually into gaming as a challenge.

I'm so glad someone in the last thread came up with the phrase 'loadout puzzle' because it perfectly encapsulates the sphynx riddle the game presents you with when starting a new activity, so that you don't end up stuck trying to take out a sniper with a shotgun and smg, because they're the guns that have champ mods or a buff or a bounty or quest step or need levelling or deepsight extracting or whatever.

And yes, every time it gets brought up, seasoned players laugh at the idea of someone not switching to a bow or bringing a long-range option, but the idea of bringing different weapons for different ranges, or having different weapons with different DPS rates for tougher enemies is something I had to explain to my wife. Most players don't have DIM or the app to transfer from the vault.

There are so many fundamentals we had to learn that we've forgotten we even had to learn them. Destiny already has a loadout puzzle, it doesn't need additional layers piled on top especially for the lowest difficulty tier if they're also removing adept difficulty where you don't have to worry about these things.

The entirety of the in-game loadouts and guardian ranks and journeys with Lightfall are specifically to talk new players through each and every mechanic. Like this is a stated goal of Lightfall, to make learning the game and interacting with the mechanics not complete garbage entirely reliant on third party sites.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I mean yes, hopefully it does adequately teach new players to interact with those systems, but knowing how to deal with those systems doesn't make them less poo poo, and that's my primary gripe.

Having to pass your exams first just seems like a good way to drive out all the casual players and leave yourself with only the most toxic parts of your fanbase.

I honestly can't tell what you're arguing/hoping for here if "we're updating how the game teaches you how to play" is seen as an exam that will drive people away or why should we even cater/care for players that refuse to engage/learn the game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm saying forcing (or encouraging to the point it becomes mandatory) players to restrict their gear to meet arbitrarily set criteria is a bad thing. Knowing how to correctly restrict your loadout does not make the restriction good or even neutral, it's still a bad unfun thing.

I am once again asking what exactly do you want out of this game. Or any game for that matter.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hamelekim posted:

Are there are weapons I should be going for in particular, unique or otherwise? I like playing Warlock, I'm currently at ~1410 for my gear level.

I have no idea how to craft stuff, or what I should craft, I read that crafted weapons are usually better than found and then upgraded weapons.

Crafting is tied to the Witch Queen campaign. Do that and you’ll see how the Enclave / crafting / shaping weapon works. Then go hit the Dares of Eternity for a BXR because it’s so good for Solar warlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Black Griffon posted:

this mf played destiny 0

It’s called Halo 3.