Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Osiris needs a major loving attitude adjustment.

Speaking of needing an adjustment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Just finished the campaign. There was a vehicle mission so my overall score is 1/10.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

abraham linksys posted:

i honestly thought it was the best one of those they've done but have no idea how it plays on legendary lol. i loved that mission as something that felt like it fell out of halo 1 tho

It was the easiest of them all even on legendary, but I just hate them so much.

As someone who only pays attention to lore from the cutscenes, and I'm talking main story campaign cutscenes not seasonal story stuff, I'm getting hard shadowkeep vibes. Now I have to wait another year for something interesting to happen.

Neptune playable area and characters should have been introduced a year ago. I'm excited to try out stand once it's fully unlocked.

Calus should have been the VOW baddie. I'm over him. I don't give a gently caress about the cabal. Rhulk should have been the protagonist. Tormentors are cool. KINDA REMINDS ME RHULK NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT. I thought the veil was supposed to be a race of people. More "deciple" enemy variants would have been good. Instead the veil is an internet service provider?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
This is game of thrones all over again!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Maybe the low-trust activity was Destiny all along?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I'M GETTIN' MY rear end KICKED!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Supremacy: It's like Mayhem... but for Titans!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Mesadoram posted:

Decided to give the Leviathan's Breath another go and uh yeah it rocks, hard.

Do you have cat unlocked? You can kill a barrier champ before they know what's up.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Paracasual

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

syntaxfunction posted:

Radiant Dance Machines buff is very fun. Game breaking? Nah. Meta? Nah. Not even close to release level of bonkers. But on activation you get six seconds to dodge. Any kill at all resets the timer to 10 seconds tho.

It's still super niche, it doesn't activate aspects like the slowdodge, but it can be some silly fun now.

Probably the most effective way I've found to use it is to use either Arc or Stasis. Gambler's dodge, of course. Heavy Handed for orbs, two Impact Induction mods for 25% grenade energy every seven seconds for melee damage, and Innervation for grenade energy on orbs.

Pretty much does what you figure. Dodge around like an idiot, getting those melee charges, either punch, frisbee, shoot, whatever and keep it going. Lots of orbs, lots of traces, gently caress LOADS of shards. All the while the constant orbs are recharging your grenades along with your melee.

Shards provide overshield and heal, with mods like Better Already or Recuperation helping too. Arc has a buttload of resist fragments for close range and being amped and stuff.

It is very silly, and lots of fun, definitely an improvement, but I doubt it'll be shifting any metas or preferences.

This stand build popped up in my feed and is pretty fun

https://youtu.be/ZFVfjhb3v1k

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Try waiting in a queue for servers to stabilize now you loving stupid bastard!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I did the campaign 3 times and I have never successfully grappled to the cabal thresher

I figured it was a trap! That's supposed to work?! It just carried me further from the goal and then detached

I was on my second playthrough when I realized you have to keep your camera pointed towards the thresher. Keep the strand grapple in front of you and you'll ride indefinitely.

Maybe there's a less forgiving breakpoint that I don't remember but it worked for me every time.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
The real bungie are the thread posters we haven't agreed with all along.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Please stop making fun of this game.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I have 32k monarque kills in crucible since I switched to pc. Not sure how many I had on ps4. I've only started receiving hate mail within the past 3-4 seasons.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Maybe they'll bring back No Land Beyond for Marathon??

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Over the last week I've been watching I Hate Everything's destiny reviews beginning all the way back to D1. I'm going to watch Shadowkeep tonight.

One thing I laughed at was tokens. I have a fragment of a memory remembering faction and destination tokens. Io, crucible, vanguard, nesus, calus, edz, trials... It left me wondering, how offended was I at the time that my brain decided to block it as a safeguard? Or did I even give a poo poo to begin with? I don't even remember when tokens went away.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
It sounds like they should bring back No Land Beyond

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
But bungie wants you to have a meaningful experience.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

haveblue posted:

Hire that poster’s wife

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Monarque needs a buff to prevent thorn from being too powerful.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

MJeff posted:

There's a handful of encounters in Destiny 2 endgame that go into "yeah, I get it." territory where the mechanic itself is entirely fine, but it overstays its welcome by like two or three rounds.

Crown of Sorrow opening is the main culprit I always think of for this.

What was the crown of sorrow opening? All I really remember is the boss fight.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Health benefits and stock options will be taken away until morale improves.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
This was probably already talked about, but when I first saw TFS teaser poster I automatically assumed that our player character was on the cover, showing off a new armor set. Then it hit me that I thought that because I play as a hunter. Who knows, maybe whoever that new character is will be the new vanguard leader.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I wish Lance Riddick was still alive.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
All bungie wants you to do is make tough but meaningful choices.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

RBA Starblade posted:

e: Also a friend got me silver as a gift and I got an ornament, but the finisher I'd have wanted for the hell of it (All Four Barrels) just isn't a thing anymore? Why remove paid stuff lol what the hell

Your choice not to buy earlier was meaningful and important. Guardians make their own fate.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Tensokuu posted:

Can you knock out all four of the catalyst quests in one run of Legend Starcrossed?

Yes

https://youtu.be/OoRD-vcUw3U?si=0G6BFaRKDo0zk4oP

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

magiccarpet posted:

Why don't load outs swap out artifact mods and other UI experiences

Short answer is Bungie is a small indie company and were forced to lay off people recently.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Have they added match making to legend dares yet?!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

syntaxfunction posted:

They should flip the switch for a day to make it Trials Mayhem. And instead of Flawless you get the title Deeply Flawed. Hell I'd go for that.

Finally, some real constructive criticism!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I found manticore be a fun, silly little tactic. Timing is everything, and if you're simply just floating then yes you're a floating duck. In pvp I found that even doing a single jump off the ground and hanging for a moment can throw off an enemies prediction on when you land.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
If only there was a playlist that encouraged the use of an obscene amount of space magic and heavy weaponry...

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

PathAsc posted:

I'm way out of the loop, is mayhem always available now?

No! :comeback:

Oxyclean posted:

didn't they just dilute that rotator with some lame modes so they could have a second permanent 3v3 rotator?

Probably!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Bring back No Land Beyond.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Guardians make their own fate.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

haveblue posted:

Not really comfortable with this implicit view

lol

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Lib and let die posted:

alternate theory: bungie devs are purposely making the game unplayable as a final act of spite to management (reduced profits) and the playerbase ("thank you for your years of...'constructive' feedback on reddit") as they go into the night walking backwards, both middle fingers up in the air knowing management is gonna dump them and funnel everything into marathon anyway

hell yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Looks kinda mid ngl