Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
As a guardian I am always be jumping over railings into long drops because I thought I saw a walkway or an engram or something so this will in fact increase my chances of surviving and being right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Everything looks great but it seems wild that Chill Clip deals with the two most annoying kid of champions trivially. Like, I'm not complaining because I love my Deliverance and it just got even better but it is a choice to make that particular perk even better.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Finished the campaign and have some thoughts that are basically 'I did not like this campaign much'.

Second-act bad-ends are a thing that can be done well but the way they implemented it here feels like the worst kind of "hey we won" "oh wait no we didn't". We're sitting around after the big W and then Ghost serenely floats away and turns it into an L. A Halo Reach-style last stand with Caitl at the entrance where we just straight-up fail as solemn music plays would have felt better than this. I was excited about descending into an Ishtar Collective facility and finding out what the gently caress the Veil was since Ishtar lore is crazy but the Veil is not at all explained and whatever it did to the Traveller Zavala is acting like it's Dead For Real so I guess the coming year is gonna be about that.

It sucks that Calus got turned into and went out like a chump. Jovial nihilist Calus who wrote fanfiction about us and wanted to see the end of the universe was infinitely more compelling than the rear end in a top hat second-string goon he got turned into at Haunting and continued to be here. Not even a good final scene with Caitl after what we saw in Duality. RIP Emperor, I wanted to grow fat from strength with you but then you became a dull henchman. It even sucks to fight him, he is a souped-up Colussus with infinite adds who then turns into a souped-up Gladiator and the arena is catwalks over deathzones so they can have a reason to make you use Strand, so any kind of physics fuckery and you're dead unless you can pull of a half-second grapple.

I have no thoughts about Nimbus, they are a non-entity. Bring Finch to Neptune and have him be dazzled at Neomuna.

The new guns are great, the new strike rules, I love Strand, the Tormentors are fuckin scary, D2 will continue to be D2 and I enjoy playing D2. But this campaign was closer to Beyond Light than Witch Queen.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Fragrag posted:

so, as a Destiny player who never gave a gently caress about min-maxing stats and just enjoyed pointing cool guns at bad dudes, is it worth getting back right now?
Yeah the new Strand power is fun as hell, the seasonal activity is very fun, the guns aren't super-great but that's a subjective thing so hey maybe you love them, but even if you don't but all your old ones will still work. The main issue for a lot of people is just the anti-climatic and confused campaign so if you just want to click dude's heads it's as good as it ever was.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Edit: Nevermind my bad, it's just a teaser.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 12, 2023

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I do love a good Spooky Season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Halibut Barn posted:

For anyone else who was waiting for one for their harmonizers, Banshee is selling Retrofit Escapade, with a pretty good roll already (4th Time, Target Lock, decent barrel and mag), though I think the perks reset in...six or seven hours from now?
Is this a particularly good LMG to get a crafted version of? I left all my Harmonizers go to waste last season because I don't know what to do with them.