Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I hope Titan stays immortal in Solar during Lightfall. I've been playing more on my Hunter cause I think the new Strand super looks amazing and I die a bit more often because my hunter feels like he's made of paper. I did the final story mission on my hunter and died a few times in the last room by being to hasty and just getting caught out in bad spots. Did it later on my titan and never faced danger because either I had a hammer to kill thrall with or had my class ability to save me. I just waded through rooms and stood right in the middle of people and it felt great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Well I ground out all the pulse rifle catalysts up to the legend seraph mission. Gonna have to try and find and lfg or rope some unsuspecting goons into doing it. I would probably try and solo it if there was more time in the season left but I just wanna get it done before Lughtfall.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Well that HoIL nerf feels incredibly huge. I thought it might get touched some but that the general nerfing of abilities all around might have kept it from getting hammered. Turns out nope. In better news, I was able to finish a legend seraph mission with a friend and got all four catalysts. I appreciate people in here offering to help but my friend was stuck in the same spot so we just wrecked it. Revision feels pretty nice when it has good perks and a catalyst.

ChaosReaper fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 27, 2023

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

That seasonal trailer really throwing all kinds of death flags around. I have to imagine someone important is about to eat poo poo this season.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

I wonder how many missions are in the story. They seem to be pretty long.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Well some of the world first raiders out here talking about how power creep is still a thing and this raid is so easy like the rest of the game. So expecting to hear them beg to have the game get even harder before Final Shape.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

GentlemanGiant posted:

While his desire for a challenge might be legitimate I still have to roll my eyes at a 30 minute rant about how POWERCREEP has KILLED the challenge in Destiny now and forevermore. Especially when the raid was mostly easier due to mechanics and not enemy lethality and the rest of the sandbox is in the state it's in.

Yea this was my issue with his and other content creator's takes. It's one thing to be disappointed that Bungie seemed to miss the mark on contest mode, but it's another to then use that to whine about powercreep or that this is the death of contest mode raiding. I mean the opening to that Datto video has him saying that the casuals have won and gotten contest mode tuned for them while the rest of the game is casuals just getting their poo poo pushed in everywhere else. I would bet that Bungie just messed up the tuning of the mode and along with more people running with more things unlocked made it seem easier. I would almost guarantee that even with more people doing contest than ever that Bungie swings the other way and makes it even more difficult again because of the backlash from the most visible part of the community.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Wish I had known that before I got home ready to play some Iron Banner.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Pinnacle rng fuckin sucks. I sure do love a run where every pinnacle is for the same slot so you either get a single point increase in that slot or even no increase. Good times.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Can't find a good answer so I'm hoping someone here knows. It looks like seasons will carry over to another platform but expansions won't. If I bought the Lightfall Annual Pass edition for Xbox, would I just need to buy the regular edition for PC and still get my seasons? I assume it's yes but wasn't sure because technically they are future seasons from a bundle so I'm not sure if they work the same as having bought individual seasons.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Can you buy a red border in the normal chest at the end of raids once per character or once per account? I know the red borders are per account, but I haven't done a raid on multiple characters in a while so I can't remember about normal chests and can't find a good answer by searching. I'm 2 patterns from being able to craft a commemoration and so I'm hoping to be able to just do 2 Tanik's checkpoint kills on 2 characters to get that done. I doubt it works this way but god I'm hoping I don't have to try and farm over and over to try and get 1 lucky drop. My luck has been garbage so far.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Well poo poo time to learn how to do this and what guns/perks are the best. Maybe I'll solo all the dungeons if that trace rifle grenade launcher is an idea of what you can do.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

I got it to work on an Ammit with just an aggressive shotgun frame. It seems to shoot to fast foe the game to pop damage numbers sometimes but I'm not sure if they are actually doing damage all the time. Also it glitched out some enemies when I tested it. Like it just wrecked their whole life bar but they didn't die but gained back say a third of their health.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Guess it's a good thing I at least got the admit to work cause I can't get another no matter how hard I try. Did manage to own the poo poo out of a master lost sector not trying with it though.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Also I'm pretty sure that Sloane threatened to attack the tower if anything happens to Ahsa because of Eris' scheme. So that would be fun to see.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

If we lived in a just world, management would have eaten poo poo for the 45% revenue miss instead of the rank and file people. The fact that the people who led that get to stick around and keep their huge paychecks while outsourcing QA and Art and poo poo is a joke.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Well poo poo that's a cool way to do that at least.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Man, I sure am glad we're going back to connection based matchmaking. It's not like the last time they did that, Bungie had to put out a twid/twab saying that half of all matches were decided before a bullet was fired. I'm sure their new confidence and hidden skill system will totally work just fine to not have poo poo matches.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Man I was already hesitant about playing destiny's new season and all these nerfs make that even worse. I'm sure other people are happy cause it means we have to shoot guns again but I liked being able to just ability spam my way through life.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

So based on the developer blog that just came out, only like half of the guns they showed will be available the 9th and the rest will come out once a week through May 21st. Timegating is dumb as hell.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

So instead of a new subclass you just mix all the existing ones. That's pretty cool.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

I kind of hate the idea of random rolling the exotics especially if the choices are large enough. That said this whole thing kind of got me more hyped than I thought it would.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Got kicked out of two like 15 wave onslaught runs and then got anteatered out of the tower. I decided that was enough destiny for now

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Yea as a Titan main I'm a little less hype than I was before because it looks kind of meh compared to what I already have. As a sometimes bleak watcher spammer though I'm down bad.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Everyone keeps saying that prismatic doesn't invalidate old subclasses but it seems like it might but not due to power reasons. The deep dive says Transcendent also allows you to break the shields of special combatants standing in your way on your journey through The Pale Heart of the Traveler. These combatants have been bound by The Witness and are invulnerable to incoming damage otherwise. Unless there is some other way to be transcendent then either you solo or some members of your party will always have to be prismatic anywhere those enemies will appear. I'm sure Bungie will think of this and include like a stand in on the ground but if not then whelp.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Dumb question but can you have a single legendary stasis rocket give you both anti overload and barrier from the artifact? I know when guns have intrinsic anti champion perks they can't double dip but I can't find anything about a regular gun using two. I assume the overload perk overwrites the unraveling round stasis perk.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Yea I meant strand. I didn't think it would work but I was hoping so I could just cover all the anti champion poo poo while solo in the horde mode.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Yea I probably wasn't gonna go that hard at the boss rush anyway but 8 contest mode bosses in a row is definitely not happening. Maybe once if I get carried by goons but I doubt I'd do it enough to get the cool title. Do wonder if they mean the raid exotics when they say exotic weapons though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

I just want the game to give me a recluse with the loving perks I want. I've had that gun selected since last week and can't buy a repulsor/ destabilizing to save my life. I haven't even seen the funnel web roll which I also wouldn't mind. I get some people love the grind for God rolls but I hate it after a while. I'm not looking for 5/5 just give me the 3rd and 4th columns being right and ill live with everything else.