Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
more like the dorkness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Technically you don't need a full heavy charge for the combo, just enough that there's a sliver left for the finishing swing, so I think it's [block] 3 light 1 heavy [unblock] 2 light repeat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*the final boss’s minions’ HP

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Another thing about Dungeons is that they were all designed to be easily and flawlessly cleared by one single player. Being the second or third player on a fire team will just make it easier! Nothing to worry about at all as far as being a deadweight dungeon gamer

I dunno about "easily", you still have to deal with health pools and add numbers meant for 2 additional players and unless you have an absolutely perfect build and execution you will be spending a lot of cycles on each boss (at least in grasp, duality and spire, the older ones have fallen so behind the power creep that this is less of an issue)

That said, yes, it's absolutely easy and fun to jump into random groups and do dungeons, even without a mic. The mechanical complexity is more than a strike but much less than a raid, if you're the sort of player who knows things like "throw balls at each other to power them up in The Corrupted" you can easily learn and handle a dungeon.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The higher he gets in the hierarchy, the less he is personally dictating to the creative departments what to do. He probably still has input on game content but he isn’t in every design meeting and signing off on every season proposal like he would have done in the past

We don’t even have any Destiny products that aren’t the core game yet other than minor fan bait like tie-in comics so we really have no idea what he does all day now

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They could theoretically bring back Wrath by replacing all the Splicers with normal Fallen, I don't think it would make that much of a difference and it's not like it has a narrative to disrupt

SgtSteel91 posted:

What, that Destiny 2 is “ending” after Final Shape?

The "saga" of Light versus Darkness is ending in The Final Shape. The game is continuing, but we have no idea where the story will go after that, even in the most general terms

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 13, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

arsenicCatnip posted:

Oh poo poo, like the one that people were using in the Plunder activity? That hadn't occured to me. I haven't played WotM bearing in mind, but what exactly differentiates it's held objects from, say, the nukes in DSC or the orb in King's Fall?

There's at least one encounter in Wrath that relies on having a specific number of balls available at a given time. I don't know if that means having more faster makes it malfunction or they just feel it's not an enjoyably complex and challenging encounter without that constraint

This being Destiny 2, it's likely that there's more than one implementation of "grabbable orb" in there and some of them never had the bug, some had the bug but it was fixable, and some are bugged so hard that it's not worth the effort to fix

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah they want it to have opportunity cost. If you spec heavily into, say, intellect, you still have room in your armor to also somewhat spec into something else. If you spec heavily into resilience, you have that much less mod capacity left, so you’d better be sure that being the tankiest tank is so important to you that you’re OK with not doing much else

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

arsenicCatnip posted:

this finale mission is way lamer than the season of the lost one tbh

This finale mission works and the cutscene was a lot cooler and easier to understand

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Caidin posted:

I mean, she brought a load of back up and a chunky health bar, let's not go wild now.

Specced into res and hit up LFG, like you do

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Nothing any other class does is as fun as a severance enclosure bonk build

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

life_source posted:

I want a scene of the Witness laughing some stupid laugh going "My pyramid ships are too strong for your weak weapons." and it zooms out to a pyramid ship getting loving blasted to poo poo and destroyed from a Ketch that flies away. Zoom in to Eramis flaunting the double duece and also savagely crotch chopping. Back to the witness and all his vape smoke heads are frowning.

“I hope you can see this because I’m doing it as hard as I can”

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What did you expect, they have a Valkyrie for a face

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So I guess this is because I came in right at the final season of the expac but the whole Hive Ghost thing felt extremely undercooked? Maybe there's some postgame quest I missed (only did the one for the bug gun)

No, that’s pretty much it. They were the antagonists of the season that launched with Witch Queen (Risen) and featured in Plunder briefly but they haven’t exactly led to seismic change in our relationship with the Light

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
DSC has been out for almost two years, everyone’s played it to death so getting craftable guns by the most efficient means possible is all that’s left

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The first meatball you ever see, the end boss of the Forsaken campaign, was named “Voice of Riven”

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My assumption is that the traveler does not survive this year. Jury's still out on whether the witness will

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Obviously the solution is that TFS introduces raid matchmaking

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It turns out the only way to defeat the Witness once and for all is to eliminate paracausality from the universe. Your guardian bravely sacrifices themselves and is permanently deleted. After every player has done this the game shuts down and plays a trailer for Matter

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You get a lot of progress from an activity completion and a LOT of progress from a seasonal activity completion, it adds up

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My highest weapon is Thoughtless (season 16 sniper) at 105. My taipan is 75

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SUNKOS posted:

This is cool to hear. I haven't played any of it yet but the ship vs. ship Plunder stuff looked fun and I vaguely recall some weird neon Vex missions that looked good as well?

Those were in season 14 so aren't available now. Although some Lightfall previews have mentioned there is something with a similar aesthetic coming up.

quote:

I remember the trailer showing stuff with Calus' ship appearing by the moon and everything being corrupted looking really good as well, hopefully some of that stuff (season of the haunted?) makes it into the strike playlist as well, although I've no idea if it would be suitable or not.

There were 2 activities in Season of the Haunted, a free-roam area with public events popping off and a set of solo missions with heavy scripting. Neither of them would fit in the strike playlist without major changes. I think we're only getting the things mentioned in the update- the heist battlegrounds and the psi-ops missions.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roctavian posted:

Are we gonna have the ability to break our buddies free of tormentor grabs, or is it gonna be another lost opportunity like shooting people free of stasis

The impression I got was it was an uninterruptible but very short pseudo-cutscene like a finisher and you are quickly released with a debuff. My guess is that, also like finishers, the only way to spare someone the debuff is to kill the tormentor before it reaches the key moment

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There was an unstoppable hand cannon mod this season??

Does Witherhoard know about this?!

Does Leviathan's Breath know about this?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I half remember one of the recent announcements saying there's going to be a way to imbue guns with derpsight* in future, so if you can't get enough red borders to unlock the pattern before lightfall, just make sure you grab a few copies and stick them in the vault in the hope you'll be able to deepsight them at some point in the future.

* Pseudoedit: not correcting it.

This is from the crafting future preview article:

quote:

This feature allows you to electively apply Deepsight to a weapon that has a pattern available to unlock.

Only weapons that have not previously rolled with Deepsight are valid for Deepsight activation.

Deepsight can’t be activated on the same weapon instance multiple times.

The ability to manually activate Deepsight will be tightly controlled, and there will be some variation in cost depending on the weapon (e.g. a raid weapon will require additional currencies compared to a seasonal weapon).

We’re targeting a Season 21 release for this feature.

It doesn't say, but I wouldn't be surprised, if this only applies to guns that drop after crafting 2.0 is released.

So it's probably going to be something with a difficult grind and/or time throttle like ascendant alloy.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Red Crown posted:

I'm trying to spice up my solar titan. Moving away from HOIL as the Default Pick and Lorley Splendor as the Other Pick, what are some fun exotics to build around? Note: I've got pretty much everything but Synthoceps :smith:

Severance enclosure

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Every now and then an old destiny 2 clip pops on my YouTube feed and what in the world

https://youtu.be/rE1z0iW8mGU

This was part of the season 1 content, a post-campaign quest on Titan which is no longer in the game (along with the rest of Titan). It was the first time we saw Mithrax and he didn't appear again until season 5. For some reason I wrongly remembered that it was possible to kill him in the knight fight, but it looks like it never was since he's invulnerable the entire time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ponzicar posted:

I am pretty sure you could, and there would be alternate dialogue. I went through it once solo, and then did it co-op with my brother, who didn't pay attention to the story and just opened fire on both of them.

I thought so too but in the video he has his shield before the knight is dead, you can see brief flashes of it around 31 seconds in. I thought they might have patched out the ability to kill him when they continued his story with Zero Hour, but this video was posted long before that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

victrix posted:

I've kind of lost track of how many sentient weapons/gods/people are in my backpack

This is called out in the lore card for the Spire exotic (which is also a former character)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Not as bad as, say high value targets on planets. Just run circles around each zone and something happens every few minutes. The ones that spawn off in hidden corners have text callouts, the rest appear right in the middle of things and start shooting at you themselves. It’ll probably get tedious when you’re down to the last 2 or 3 and it’s never them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

Lake of Shadows and Arms Dealer are being updated with new enemies, new encounters, new mechanics and new objectives.

Expect them to be much tougher than before... and less Sparrow-friendly.

:sickos:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I agree that they shouldn’t eliminate all the low effort relaxation activities you don’t have to perfect your build for, but I’d also like strike encounters to involve more than every player procs their favorite chain reaction effect simultaneously and then everything in the room is dead

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I personally think they've overestimated how many players can be arsed to have to think about what they're doing all the time

Yeah, this. It's good that there are activities in the game you can just jump into in an instant regardless of what you have equipped. Requiring you to craft a custom build for each activity or even for a new week of the same activity would be a mistake

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
On the other hand, we are frequently reminded that onscreen text is at best loosely related to the actual activity config, so it’s more likely that “legend” has multiple context-dependent meanings for a time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DancingShade posted:

Final shape will simply be the old tower renovated. Only now with IKEA office furniture everywhere and bland corporate motivational posters.

The seasonal artifact is an allen wrench

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
loadout sudoku is old hat, all the cool kids are playing loadout wordle

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Doing bounties generally shouldn't require you to tweak your armor mods, which is the most complicated and time-consuming part and the part saved loadouts helps the most with. If you just have to get 10 kills with whatever it doesn't really matter if they have anti-champion properties or if they're the right element to generate wells or etc

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm actually totally OK with strikes being harder if a Vanguard Reset is only 15 strikes now instead of like 80

It sounds like they are actually doing this, with the strike scoring bit. Unless they do something dumb like reduce the base rep, or the changes making strikes take a lot longer (they probably won't, for all the doomsaying), veteran players will probably rank up faster than before

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Yeah those let you collect seasonal currencies and buy stuff from the seasonal vendors, it's got nothing to do with the season pass. That's still a you-had-to-be-there thing except ada will sell old season pass shaders starting i think next week

Looking at the list of shaders she has, they're all stuff from before the season pass system was introduced. Specifically, I see the base game planet and faction shaders, the shaders from the Mercury and Mars expansions, and the shaders from the 3 proto-seasons in the Y2 Annual Pass offering. There is still no way to obtain anything that's been vaulted from season 8 onward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They haven't (yet?) announced any changes to the loreley exotic or the restoration solar verb, which are the real reasons titans are impossible to kill. They should be fine