Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Sekenr posted:

It weirdly feels like the times of the scarab lord guy who tortured us for way too long.

And here I thought I was the only one who remembered playing Curse of Osiris back when it launched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Failson posted:

I can't even remember what the endgame loop was supposed to be at the time. Trials of the Nine? Weapons were still fixed rolls, I think? But armor wasn't?

There were no Trials of the Nine in Curse of Osiris! You got a (comically lovely) mini-raid like four months after the expac dropped. People were expecting the Infinite Garden to be something like Prison of Elders, and it just ended up being a strike that was a carbon copy of the story mission.

What a time to engage in the content.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

CoO was a humongous content drop that was wasted on a garbage sandbox. I'd kill for another season with multiple strikes, pvp maps, raid, more than a dozen exotics, etc

Didn't they remove the CoE crucible maps from rotation after a few months because the spawns obviously favored one team over the other?

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 1, 2023

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Buce posted:

great stats on this baby

Exactly how long is a '1' speed reload? Is it longer than the 2 seconds it takes to fart out every bullet in the clip?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Yes. Absolutely. But since Joe's announcement of re-attempt in April those are my terms for believing they're actually putting in the work to exceed expectations. Otherwise it's clear it's all talk and will never get better.

https://www.ign.com/articles/bungie-shakes-up-marathon-leadership-removes-chris-barrett-as-game-director

Especially when it's clear the team believes they're going to be laid off (why put in hard work if so?) and plan to move to Marathon anyway.

Speaking of Marathon...

https://twitter.com/MTBulletn/status/1770163647320412170?t=6meu0KIlfCtrDuNybqRf7Q&s=19

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Is there any aspect of D1 Mars in the game? The D2 Mars sandbox/tileset are pretty distinct. It's probably a lot more work to add a strike to D2 when its underlying planet isn't a part of D2.

Io was originally supposed to be Mars at one point, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Kith posted:

they'll be hard pressed to find work elsewhere if they get as publicly fired as sony has been threatening, even if they have tasty severance bonuses.

They can and probably will find a lucrative career in politics, be it a campaign or PAC.