Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I don't think we should treat serial killers as celebrities, what they do is truly horrific, and it's disgusting that the news gives murderers so much attention.

I personally find it interesting in a morbid way but it's really hosed up that the media hypes up mass murderers so much, since it really elevates them as public figures. When they do that, it probably contributes to the problem, causing copycats or people who feel inspired to become famous by brutally murdering other people to make headlines. Sometimes the media does the right thing and doesn't publish the names of school shooters or anything so that the shooter doesn't achieve notoriety.

anyways here are my favorite murderers

1) The Railcar Rapist
2) South End Toybox Chopper, who everyone needs to hear about but not many podcasts cover it
3) YPK, if you havent heard about him theres a super good documentary about him on HBO and theyre releasing a new movie about him soon. i think they got ryan gosling to play him, but they're probably going to get some other super handsome actor. they even do CGI stuff to make him look even more attractive right before he stabs his victims to death

i like to listne to murder podcasts because they calm me down and i can sleep peacefully after listening to them so i listen to them most everyday. my favorite podcast about serial killers is having a LIVE SHOW!!!!! about one of my favorites!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pretty sure we had this thread at some point and everybody got all mad but sure have another go at it wizard master

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah these podcasts are pretty gross but they're making a killing on it

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Taking another stab at podcasts and their fans.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I agree it was better when serial killers only killed 5 people over the course of 7 years before the cops found a missing wallet busting the killer instead of walking into a school/club/music festival and lighting up over 20 people in 2 minutes whilst the cops sit around texting as it goes down OP

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
worst podcast was the one that stalked richard simmons, that guy was a dick

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Joe Rogan's podcast is so bad it may as well be murder :ocelot: :grin:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

If your podcast mentions paul holes in any way congrats youre listening to police propaganda

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

If your podcast mentions paul holes in any way congrats youre listening to police propaganda

That sounds like a fake name but i dont want to google a person named "Paul Holes"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

They need to focus more on how weird and hosed up serial killers are. Talk about how they pissed their pants as kids, or how their dicks don't work, or how they don't bathe or whatever.

I think people get this level of disconnect and start viewing actual serial killers like villains from movies and stuff, they need to be reminded that these are weird freaks.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Why don't we talk about how in literally every single one of these documentaries the local police are absolute dipshits with their entire culture up their own rear end. Not only have they never accomplished anything worthwhile in a murder investigation, 98% of the time they actively hinder them or execute/jail the wrong people.

It never fails. I've watched dozens at this point, and most of them recently. The last thing, which I watched just yesterday, was the tiktok murders. Some guy in Seattle murdered his tenants and then cut them into pieces and threw them in the ocean near Alki Beach and weeks or months later some tiktokkers found a suitcase by absolute happenstance using a geotracker app. The night of the actual murder his neighbors reported gun shots and additional commotion coming from his house. So the cops go out there and the house is all dark and nobody is home (presumably he was out chopping up bodies and throwing them into the ocean). So what do they do? They just go home and never follow up on it again.

I mean I could mention Dahmer, too, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows about how the cops may have just been murdering those victims themselves.

You could literally pick any random murder-fetish Facebook group and ask them to solve crimes and I guarantee they would have a higher success rate and kill much less people.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

alot of these are just a really great confirmation that cops are loving dumb. so many of these stupid cases have someone tell the police "oh god he's murdering her, I can see them, at this address" and the cops are like 'pfffft sure okay' and do nothing about it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jelly posted:

Why don't we talk about how in literally every single one of these documentaries the local police are absolute dipshits with their entire culture up their own rear end.

Rare Jelly agreement

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Just me, a normal adult, typing up paragraphs of sarcasm

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

There's some kind of disconnect between "it's my job to solve crime, so it's incredibly boring please can we just go home and drink and hit my wife" and "internet detective is my hobby/obsession" and the venn almost never meets in the middle when it matters

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

there's a news story at the moment in the UK about a woman who has gone missing and all the dumbass true crime enjoyers are trying to solve the mystery. they're being such idiot failures that the police actually had to come out and basically say, "yo, gently caress off and stop stirring poo poo up"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You're the real sicko op

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

Pretty sure we had this thread at some point and everybody got all mad but sure have another go at it wizard master

yeah!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

there's a news story at the moment in the UK about a woman who has gone missing and all the dumbass true crime enjoyers are trying to solve the mystery. they're being such idiot failures that the police actually had to come out and basically say, "yo, gently caress off and stop stirring poo poo up"

right, because it makes them look bad

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tbf it's not like the piggies are good at it either. Literally every serial killer is made by cops ignoring murders because they happen to prostitutes, gays and all the other folks polite society doesn't give a gently caress about.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Laterite posted:

right, because it makes them look bad

Colonel Cancer posted:

Tbf it's not like the piggies are good at it either. Literally every serial killer is made by cops ignoring murders because they happen to prostitutes, gays and all the other folks polite society doesn't give a gently caress about.

unfortunately in this case it's most likely that she fell in a river or some poo poo but all the true crime podcast fans think her husband has secretly had her murdered.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

How come they never found JonBenét Ramsey's murderer

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Was dad or brother, flip a coin

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

unfortunately in this case it's most likely that she fell in a river or some poo poo but all the true crime podcast fans think her husband has secretly had her murdered.

Okay but what do the TikTok psychics think happened?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Everyone talks about tiktok witches but why not ask tiktok necromancers for some help

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Okay but what do the TikTok psychics think happened?

which one? some of them are total hacks

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

jokes posted:

some of them

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I used to listen to last podcast on the left if the story was interesting but my God i watched Henry Zebrowski's episode of the Characters and it was so negative funny i can't even listen to his voice anymore

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i think it is about time that someone draw attention to this problem of "celebrity serial killers" by making a violent, trippy, semi-parodic movie about celebrity serial killers starring woody harelson, juliette lewis, robert downey jr, rodney dangerfield, and with a cool soundtrack put together by trent reznor including the nin song "burn"

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Sex Farm posted:

I used to listen to last podcast on the left if the story was interesting but my God i watched Henry Zebrowski's episode of the Characters and it was so negative funny i can't even listen to his voice anymore

The only funny episode of that was the tim robinson one about gambling

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

jokes posted:

which one? some of them are total hacks

some?

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

The only funny episode of that was the tim robinson one about gambling

Yeah i watched that one then i was like "oh isn't Henry zebrowski the guy from last podcast on the left" so i watched that one and oh my God i can't believe they even released it

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I dont listen to any podcasts that are fat guys with beards belly laughing at their own jokes which is about 80% of them

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Earwicker posted:

i think it is about time that someone draw attention to this problem of "celebrity serial killers" by making a violent, trippy, semi-parodic movie about celebrity serial killers starring woody harelson, juliette lewis, robert downey jr, rodney dangerfield, and with a cool soundtrack put together by trent reznor including the nin song "burn"

4 lions but for serial killers??

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my great grandfather worked 40 years in the content mill doing pods, dropped dead on the job at 54.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I dont listen to any podcasts that are fat guys with beards belly laughing at their own jokes which is about 80% of them

You don't have to hate yourself so much lol

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yeah they're absolute dogshit OP, but I'm sucking toes rn I'll get back 2 u

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Konar posted:

worst podcast was the one that stalked richard simmons, that guy was a dick

That one was bad but there was one about a dude trying to find an egg roll vendor who used to follow phish around

Five episodes of trying to figure out who sold these burrito sized egg rolls and at the end, he didnt find out

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Are there any podcasts about whoever poisoned all that Tylenol back in the 80s? Dude was never caught

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Bad Purchase posted:

my great grandfather worked 40 years in the content mill doing pods, dropped dead on the job at 54.

Sounds like your great-grandpappy was actually the victim of a torrid love triangle at the podcast factory, based on vibes alone I have full confidence in this theory and I will now be doxxing all his coworkers in a TikTok video